Season 2016/17: A-League Clubs Membership thread

Season 2016/17: A-League Clubs Membership thread

Author
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good start for Wanderers. Hopefully they'll beat last year's, especially with their (sort of) increased capacity.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

MikeDude wrote:
Good start for Wanderers. Hopefully they'll beat last year's, especially with their (sort of) increased capacity.

i hope so the only issue is some people wont be happy with the new stadiums also for some reason auto renew didnt work for many people but most of that was auto renew but still over 12,000 was good for a start i hope we can get more members

that said i wont post hourly wanderers updates anymore:lol:

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:

i hope so the only issue is some people wont be happy with the new stadiums also for some reason auto renew didnt work for many people but most of that was auto renew but still over 12,000 was good for a start i hope we can get more members

Daily shall suffice ;)

Yeah I can imagine the stadium issue would be a bit annoying for some. But there's no way around it. Bigger and better things to come by upgrading Pirtek.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

MikeDude wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:

Daily shall suffice ;)

Yeah I can imagine the stadium issue would be a bit annoying for some. But there's no way around it. Bigger and better things to come by upgrading Pirtek.

lol well i could be wrong however i think due to limitations because of parramatta stadium i think we have a better membership culture than most clubs purely because we had to but i could be very wrong i guess we will find out when we get our new shiny stadium

for me the stadium thing isnt too bad i am one of the few people from sydney who doesnt hate ANZ and my view at spotless is fairly good

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:

Daily shall suffice ;)

lol well i could be wrong however i think due to limitations because of parramatta stadium i think we have a better membership culture than most clubs purely because we had to but i could be very wrong i guess we will find out when we get our new shiny stadium

for me the stadium thing isnt too bad i am one of the few people from sydney who doesnt hate ANZ and my view at spotless is fairly good

I am really happy with my seats

ANZ Stadium: 411 level 4
Spotless Stadium: 418 behind the RBB in the top deck

\:d/ \:d/
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Multibet wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:

Daily shall suffice ;)

I hope Spotless is decent for you guys. I suppose it's not overly huge so you shouldn't be too far away.

Kardinia in Geelong isn't too bad for watching either. It's not rectangular, but it's probably one of the better AFL grounds for watching football due to its medium size.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

MikeDude wrote:
Multibet wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:
Swarth wrote:
MikeDude wrote:

Daily shall suffice ;)

I hope Spotless is decent for you guys. I suppose it's not overly huge so you shouldn't be too far away.

Kardinia in Geelong isn't too bad for watching either. It's not rectangular, but it's probably one of the better AFL grounds for watching football due to its medium size.

424 for me at spotless, hoping to change to 408 instead of 108-1 but either way i got pretty good tickets, i would love to try behind the RBB for a match or two it would be interesting but i always prefer to be up fairly high and level 4 at ANZ is just about my limit

also thank you MikeDude i could be wrong but i think Spotless is one of the smaller afl grounds and the view from what i have seen only being there once was a good view but not everyone was as lucky

i just want this season to start

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

not too much of an increase

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Edited
8 Years Ago by paladisious
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Jets - 5504
Edited
8 Years Ago by evolution
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

yay

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
yay

Whoa! For Wanderers? That's a huge increase.

I believe last year they got 18,361. If that's the case, you only need 379 to match it.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Spotless capacity is 24k. Wonder when membership will be capped.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

MikeDude wrote:
Spotless capacity is 24k. Wonder when membership will be capped.

Been saying it for yonks

Bring in a SWS team and have them play between the new Parramatta and Campelltown while Mayor Ned fixes funding for the stadium in Liverpool. :lol:

The new stadium will be sold out in the first season for WSW. Get a "battle of the West" thing going. Thats where we may see a lot of talent coming out of in the coming decades. \:d/

Edited by scott21: 22/7/2016 08:24:22 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

lol i am not sure why the huge increase but it makes me happy, honestly i would love to see a south west sydney team introduced as soon as we get our new stadium i just think it makes sense to do it after we get that stadium i am not sure why, i dont know where the cap will be hopefully we can have a few thousand more

i thought we would just get small increases until the season starts then suddenly 3000 extra memberships in about a day

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
lol i am not sure why the huge increase but it makes me happy, honestly i would love to see a south west sydney team introduced as soon as we get our new stadium i just think it makes sense to do it after we get that stadium i am not sure why, i dont know where the cap will be hopefully we can have a few thousand more

i thought we would just get small increases until the season starts then suddenly 3000 extra memberships in about a day

I'd say surpassing last year's is inevitable now. Beating their biggest ever (18,706) is very doable.

I'd love another Sydney team. I know it's easy for me to say being from Melbourne/Geelong, but clearly there's a market for it. The sooner that new team is in, the sooner the rivalry can begin. 20 years from now people from Western Sydney will probably swear allegiance to one of 2 clubs.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

MikeDude wrote:
Swarth wrote:

I'd say surpassing last year's is inevitable now. Beating their biggest ever (18,706) is very doable.

I'd love another Sydney team. I know it's easy for me to say being from Melbourne/Geelong, but clearly there's a market for it. The sooner that new team is in, the sooner the rivalry can begin. 20 years from now people from Western Sydney will probably swear allegiance to one of 2 clubs.

As a supporter i have seen the harsh reality of moving stadiums and then having to share with a rival. As my club knocked back the chance to build, the city built a stadium and they welcome all clubs in the city to use it.

The new Parramatta stadium is the same imo. It is for the people of NSW, not excluvisly for WSW.
A SWS team could play the potential derbies, MV & MC, in Parramatta and the rest at Campbelltown. I think this would be a good place to start.

Dont realyy know where it end up :) the team could be fulltime in Parramatta, fulltime in a potential Liverpool stadium or potentiall revamped Campbelltown.

Edited by scott21: 22/7/2016 08:35:35 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

it would feel weird for a non WSW A-league team to play in Parramatta, i seriously wonder what effect it would have on wanderers and sydney fc's attendances and membership if there was a south west sydney team i know a lot of wanderers fans come from south west sydney but a lot come from blacktown and penrith too but that is a different conversation for a different thread

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
it would feel weird for a non WSW A-league team to play in Parramatta, i seriously wonder what effect it would have on wanderers and sydney fc's attendances and membership if there was a south west sydney team i know a lot of wanderers fans come from south west sydney but a lot come from blacktown and penrith too but that is a different conversation for a different thread

I imagine any new team in the same city would affect any current teams' supporter bases, but the long-term benefits is where it's truly at.

It might take some time to build those teams up, but look at leagues like the AFL: so many teams within a matter of kilometres of each other, and yet the fans all support their team religiously. This is what the A-League can eventually have too, but it'll take time. Decades or more, even. And the best time to start is very, very soon.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Swarth wrote:

I dont think it would effect WSW that greatly. It would hardly effect them at all if they played out of the same stadium. Dont WSW have a waiting list, add to that 3 years times (including FTA derbies hopefully) and a brand new stadium with good views and experience and you will attract even more people.

You could say this is the same arguement as a Shire team. The difference is WSW stadium will be sold out every week.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Swarth wrote:
yay

Looks like that waiting list that most people thought did not exist has kicked in well and truly.

\:d/ \:d/ \:d/

Since we know members dont always show i hope they Cap memberships very high this time around, maybe 21.5k - 22k would be good.

Edited by Multibet: 23/7/2016 01:09:47 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

Multibet wrote:
Swarth wrote:
yay

Looks like that waiting list that most people thought did not exist has kicked in well and truly.

Since we know members dont always show i hope they Cap memberships very high this time around, maybe 21.5k - 22k would be good.

yea well now its

so not as good :lol: :-"

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Swarth wrote:
Multibet wrote:
Swarth wrote:
yay

yea well now its

The cheques weren't in the mail?
Edited
8 Years Ago by Footballking55
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
Multibet wrote:
Swarth wrote:
yay

yea well now its

:-s

Weird. I saw the website both times and you're right - it's dropped by 3k.
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

lol maybe all the cheques bounced

it is very weird it sounds like i am making the numbers up :P the huge gain was around 3k and the drop was about 3k too so i wonder what on earth is happening with the wanderers

their computer system doesnt seem to be the most reliable

Edited by swarth: 25/7/2016 09:00:17 PM

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Victory 15,685
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Here's a bigger update:

Adelaide - 5,320
Brisbane -
Central Coast -
Melb City -
Melb Victory - 15,685
Newcastle - 5,931
Perth - 4,733
Sydney - 7,201
Wellington -
Western Sydney - 14,179

TOTAL: 53,049
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Sydney doing quite well early on for a small club
Edited
8 Years Ago by azzaMVFC
Swarth
Swarth
Pro

azzaMVFC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yay

Edited
8 Years Ago by Swarth
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro

Swarth wrote:
azzaMVFC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yay

Lookin good! =d>
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeDude
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport