The Cahill Content Thread

The Cahill Content Thread

Author
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
View from the fence - 30 Sep 2016 3:41 PM
It had to happen, didn't it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtlDXy0UIAAhP2O.jpg

Why would it not?

And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

It had to happen, didn't it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtlDXy0UIAAhP2O.jpg

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

scott21 - 28 Sep 2016 4:58 PM

Not sure when he's getting any training done.  

MC fashion shoot this morning

Image result for tim cahill

At the MCG this arvo for Fox

Haven't seen him kick a Sherrin yet though

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtgBtE8VUAAWYPx.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by View from the fence
CG2430
CG2430
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

Everytime I see that Mariners guy I wonder how he is a professional player.?.... then why is he the face mariners want to keep using?

1. He's grown on me, but I still don't think that highly of him.
2. Some of our supporters lost their shit just because we got a bloke who played a handful of English Premier League games for lowly clubs. Furthermore, we have hardly anyone recognisable to start with - and Nick Montgomery would have no cut-through in the metrics media.
World Class

Everytime I see that Mariners guy I wonder how he is a professional player.?.... then why is he the face mariners want to keep using?

Berisha hiding the Sponsorless shirt

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

World Class

View from the fence - 23 Sep 2016 5:58 PM
eldorado - 23 Sep 2016 5:41 PM

"where's the pictures ?" 

Fuck the Toilet seat

Here's the big marketing battle

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUy-nWVIAAILHc.jpg:large

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paulbagzFC - 27 Sep 2016 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NnBB2HK.png

EVERY. TIME. TIM. TOUCHES. THE. BALL.

-PB

Every. Corner flag. Uppercut.

Awesome. I hope he "kicks" a lot of goals. From 50.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

World Class

paulbagzFC - 27 Sep 2016 12:33 PM

-PB

Australias Greatest Ever Footballer

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

View from the fence - 26 Sep 2016 4:41 PM
Emirates new he was going to sign a long time ago

Image result for zoolander soccer

Shut down the internet. Lookatmooy wins.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Brisbane Roar recruit Brett Holman ‘disappointed’ FFA overlooked him for marquee status

FORMER Socceroos star Brett Holman has admitted his disappointment at being deemed unworthy of A-League marquee guest player status by Football Federation Australia.

While Brisbane Roar eventually got their man, it could have been a whole lot easier and less time consuming had FFA come to the party by ruling him eligible for a guest marquee role and assisting with his purchase.

However, FFA refused to put Holman in the same category as Melbourne City’s Tim Cahill.

Holman, 32, doesn’t profess to know the ins and outs of the eligibility criteria, but perhaps felt that a career that includes 63 Socceroos appearances, two goals at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and club stints in the English Premier League and the Dutch Eredivisie would have helped his case.

HOLMAN: Former Socceroo stars in Roar debut

Brett Holman during his debut in Roar colours. Picture: Liam Kidston.

“Of course it’s disappointing when you feel that sometimes they (FFA) don’t recognise what you’ve done,” former Aston Villa and AZ Alkmaar attacking midfielder Holman said.

“My agent Paddy Dominguez presumed that’s how it worked – you have an ex-Socceroo with whatever the credentials might be, you propose it and it gets ticked off.

“But obviously that wasn’t the case.”

Despite FFA’s snub, Holman said he had nothing to prove in his maiden A-League season, which the Roar start on Friday week against Melbourne Victory at Suncorp Stadium.

“I go out and try my best for every team I play for – everybody knows that,” he said.

“To say I have to go out and prove something to FFA, that’s the last thing on my mind.”

Holman’s class was obvious in his first Roar appearance, a 45-minute cameo in Brisbane’s 3-1 weekend trial win over an NPL Queensland under-23 select squad at the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre.

Melbourne City signing Tim Cahill was given marquee status. Picture: George Salpigtidis

“I felt great. I was a little bit sore after, which is normal and which is good in one way, as it shows that I do need the minutes,” he said.

“For me, the most important thing was to get the minutes up and to try to get a small understanding of what sort of players I’ve got around me.”

Holman set up star striker Jamie Maclaren for the Roar’s second goal and was a constant menace with his runs, his passing and his ability to find space.

“He knows where to be and where the ball’s going to be,” Maclaren said.

“Some of the time he played the ball and I was already making that run. We were on that wavelength that we need to have.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/brisbane-roar-recruit-brett-holman-disappointed-ffa-overlooked-him-for-marquee-status/news-story/5ba8f837d0746165f16bf2452fd0874d

World Class

Emirates knew he was going to sign a long time ago

Image result for zoolander soccer

Edited
World Class

OldCodger - 24 Sep 2016 12:16 PM
eldorado - 24 Sep 2016 11:15 AM

He's fluent in Arabic? Impressive. 

He's from Western Sydney

OldCodger
OldCodger
Hacker
Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)

eldorado - 24 Sep 2016 11:15 AM

"The defenders didn't know what I could do"???

That's not right...

"Even though I was on the bench, I could hear the players on the other bench. When is he coming on? Is he coming on?, I heard them say. It made me feel very good inside

I smiled happily to myself  "They know what I can do. They all know what I can do..."

He's fluent in Arabic? Impressive. 
eldorado
eldorado
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

"where's the pictures ?" 

"The defenders didn't know what I could do"???

That's not right...

"Even though I was on the bench, I could hear the players on the other bench. When is he coming on? Is he coming on?, I heard them say. It made me feel very good inside

I smiled happily to myself  "They know what I can do. They all know what I can do..."
Edited
8 Years Ago by eldorado
World Class

View from the fence - 23 Sep 2016 12:47 PM

Scanning to see if there's a chapter about him...

"where's the pictures ?" 

Edited
eldorado
eldorado
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

View from the fence - 23 Sep 2016 12:47 PM
He's started the title page, god bless him

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtAYQveVUAEuU_x.jpg:large

Scanning to see if there's a chapter about him...
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

Gazzza - 22 Sep 2016 7:42 PM
inala brah - 22 Sep 2016 7:37 PM

Should sell like hotcakes with Timmy on the front ;)

Does anyone read the mag? :P
Edited
8 Years Ago by azzaMVFC
World Class

He's started the title page, god bless him

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtAYQveVUAEuU_x.jpg:large

Edited
Toughlove
Toughlove
Rising Star
Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)Rising Star (825 reputation)

View from the fence - 22 Sep 2016 1:10 PM

I noticed he took that pen instead of Fornaroli after the to and fro they had in the last match.  As a previous pen taker myself I'd have the shits if some new bloke lobbed up and demanded to take them instead of me.  

The rule at my club was you take 'em until you miss one.
Gazzza
Gazzza
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

inala brah - 22 Sep 2016 7:37 PM

Should sell like hotcakes with Timmy on the front ;)

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

World Class

Wondering if this Nudie-run was part of the FFA contract ?

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2aevc3.jpg

http://tenplay.com.au/sport/sport-news/2016/9/22/tim-cahill-gets-off-the-nudie-run-with-first-city-goal

World Class

The number one on the wish list was Tim but a player like Essien can add to the halo around Tim in a way because it’s another big global player that football fans will be excited about.’’
- Gallop 21/09/16

Image result for cahill and gallop

Edited
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I think the game was arranged prior to the draw of the FFA Cup coming out. So it gave a lot of younger players the opportunity to have a run.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

No Timmy in the Rat today that lost to the Jets.

Why even bother with that kinda pre-season game?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Lol no coincidence that he's picked the safest team in the AFL (except maybe North). No chance his media manager would let him pick any other team.

Viennese Vuck

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

Soft News - 16 Sep 2016 8:42 PM
Channel 7 showed Timmy at the Hawks v Bulldogs game tonight. He was wearing a Bulldogs scarf.

thats a change.  sokkah getting some free air time from the ovalball.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

He's from Sydney.... He probably thinks Buckenara is a type of kookaburra
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search