AFL to take over soccer pitches with new game

AFL to take over soccer pitches with new game

Author
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbcityguy - 6 Sep 2019 7:37 AM
Chris
7 hours ago
Who in their right mind would want to travel to Perth and play in front of a feral and for the best part football ignorant crowd ? Chardonnay sippers from north of the river who understand soccer better than Aussie Rules . Crowd frees and weak umpires compound it . The VFL brings back many pleasant memories , this current league is easy to walk away from

All non-Victorian teams should pull out of the AFL, and let the Melbourne egg ball wankers have it for themselves.

scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

“NSW -AFL clubs to play footy on fairways as golf clubs struggle

Golfers and Aussie rules footballers may soon be sharing the courses as the city’s battle for public space heats up. “

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/afl-clubs-to-play-footy-on-fairways-as-golf-clubs-struggle/news-story/e86d6ab9d607fb8cf09f33d37dbd91ad

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

scott20won - 28 Jun 2020 7:44 PM
“NSW -AFL clubs to play footy on fairways as golf clubs struggle

Golfers and Aussie rules footballers may soon be sharing the courses as the city’s battle for public space heats up. “

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/afl-clubs-to-play-footy-on-fairways-as-golf-clubs-struggle/news-story/e86d6ab9d607fb8cf09f33d37dbd91ad

Better than stealing the fields currently allocated to football by local councils.
notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)Rising Star (786 reputation)

Paul01 - 28 Jun 2020 7:58 PM
scott20won - 28 Jun 2020 7:44 PM

Better than stealing the fields currently allocated to football by local councils.

So many golf courses in this country, I think we could get rid of half and convert into all weather football pitches 
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

notarobot - 28 Jun 2020 8:01 PM

So many golf courses in this country, I think we could get rid of half and convert into all weather football pitches 

I’d rather we focus on street small sided pitches like they have in the UK all in our urban areas.
unfortunately in the world we live in, the public liability is too much is little Johnny falls over and grazes his knee.
EndyEndy
EndyEndy
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

I absolutely agree with you. The development of soccer during quarantine and the weakening of quarantine is very striking. I recently started writing essays on how the pandemic has affected the world in general and sport in particular. I found very interesting examples of essays on this subject on the website https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/sports/ They are not yet related to the current situation, but you can find in them the prerequisites for the events that are currently taking place.

Edited
4 Years Ago by EndyEndy
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draw-widespread-backlash-after-releasing-fixture-during-socceroos-game/news-story/edd518a5502f38ea42fbb14ef7223d19

They really tried this today. Smell the fear.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

They really are a bunch of insular cunce.

Member since 2008.

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)

I love visiting Melbourne but the strangle hold that the AFL has on the media and Government down there makes me glad I don't live there.I would imagine the same goes for WA,SA and Tassie as far as the media and Government support goes.

Of course NRL gets a lot of attention up here but it is not as suffocating or as pervasive as in the southern and western states.

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)Amateur (680 reputation)

EndyEndy - 20 Aug 2020 3:56 AM

I absolutely agree with you. The development of soccer during quarantine and the weakening of quarantine is very striking. I recently started writing essays on how the pandemic has affected the world in general and sport in particular. I found very interesting examples of essays on this subject on the website https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/sports/ They are not yet related to the current situation, but you can find in them the prerequisites for the events that are currently taking place.

Welcome to the forum.

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

During the world cup, every other sport is just camping out.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search