W-League players eye switch to AFL for cash boost, survey shows

Author
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fukn seriously you can't abbreviate KArmichael Hunt without getting done in by the language filter?

Is this place run by fukn jehovas
Edited
8 Years Ago by bohemia
HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
11.mvfc.11 - 9 Sep 2016 6:19 PM
The day after soccer fans railed on Ch9 and Eddie for insecurity over a trivial matter, the ignorance and jealousy in this thread is beyond belief

The women's afl will do wonders for the game's national appeal and opinion. The W-League didn't attract corporate or spectator interest, even from nailed on soccer fans. The W-AFL will be a hit and ensure the games continued dominance in Australia.

Lol. Apologist. So you expect us to turn the other cheek for tge millionth time? Its called retaliation and unfortunately for afl lackeys like you it doesnt have a 24hr lifespan. What ch9 did was deplorable. It was infantile sure, but its far more insidious than that, this was simply the latest installment in a long history of abuse that football has sustained from the monoplizers. And you have the audacity to describe what they did/do as trivial. I suppose we're supposed to simply "get over" malthouses call to arms in the scum as well. Was that trivial too? Then why did he feel the need to go on radio and attempt to double talk and back pedal his way out of the idiotic article he wrote. You call us insecure but that article was the pinnacle of insecurity. You could sense the pee running doen his leg as he quite publicly called for soccah to be stopped. You want tge soccah monster? You got it. Careful what you wish for. 

So back to the thread topic... "The W-AFL will be a hit"

Need some pom poms with that? Or is your crystal ball sufficient? Either way ill have what youre smoking.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Am I missing something?
Holden are closing their manufacturing plant because they're no longer a viable firm - money wise - in Australia.
Ford have already closed their plant @ Broadmeadows.

Just where are they getting this $1.5 million? I can see a lot of redundant blokes with families in Elizabeth pissed off at this.
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

redcup - 10 Sep 2016 8:28 PM
Am I missing something?
Holden are closing their manufacturing plant because they're no longer a viable firm - money wise - in Australia.
Ford have already closed their plant @ Broadmeadows.

Just where are they getting this $1.5 million? I can see a lot of redundant blokes with families in Elizabeth pissed off at this.

Wheres HAL getting Hyundai money from ?

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I imagine it's from Hyundai
Edited
8 Years Ago by redcup
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Mr VFL is yet to explain how this will be a viable concept when the match that was televised unopposed, with the novelty factor and the absolute best players still only managed to draw 17k viewers in Sydney.

This will fail once even Tards realise that the standard is so appallingly low, and it will be just another example of their administrators turning their fans away.
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

redcup - 10 Sep 2016 9:39 PM
I imagine it's from Hyundai

You don't miss much

redcup
redcup
Pro

View from the fence - 10 Sep 2016 9:52 PM
redcup - 10 Sep 2016 9:39 PM

You don't miss much

I'm a regular Columbo
kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

Crusader - 10 Sep 2016 9:50 PM
Mr VFL is yet to explain how this will be a viable concept when the match that was televised unopposed, with the novelty factor and the absolute best players still only managed to draw 17k viewers in Sydney. This will fail once even Tards realise that the standard is so appallingly low, and it will be just another example of their administrators turning their fans away.

Exactly. Once the novelty wears off and the reports of broken bones and the horrific injuries that are associated with this stupid game then you will see women back off. Aussie rules is brutal, and women are the last people it is designed for.

Re the survey, it's a sham...of course they are going to say they would consider switching to AFL if it payed more.....it's called bargaining for a pay better deal and putting your employer on notice. I would have answered the same way, even though Id never contemplate it.

Most people play the game of their choice because they love it, they ain't going to switch codes just because it pays better (ok something like Rugby League and Union I can understand as they are similar).

And if they do happen to switch codes, chasing the dollar, then good riddens, we don't need mercenaries in our game.
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

kavorka - 11 Sep 2016 9:51 AM

Exactly. Once the novelty wears off and the reports of broken bones and the horrific injuries that are associated with this stupid game then you will see women back off. Aussie rules is brutal, and women are the last people it is designed for.

Re the survey, it's a sham...of course they are going to say they would consider switching to AFL if it payed more.....it's called bargaining for a pay better deal and putting your employer on notice. I would have answered the same way, even though Id never contemplate it.

Most people play the game of their choice because they love it, they ain't going to switch codes just because it pays better (ok something like Rugby League and Union I can understand as they are similar).

And if they do happen to switch codes, chasing the dollar, then good riddens, we don't need mercenaries in our game.

They are hardly mercenaries. They are barely paid well in any sport. 

chicko1983
chicko1983
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

If you were a girl who dreamed of being a professional athlete, of any kind, and motivated by money, you'd play basketball and aim to play in the wnba.

Then netball. Then soccer (and aim at playing in the women's mls).

If you found out you were no good at those sports, you'd then potentially look at jumping into afl.

So my opinion is that the afl won't be luring any of the best players, so I am not that worried.

If Holden were providing $1.5m to be spent on salaries (not on facilities, advertising, coaches, etc pretty much anything which is also going to benefit the men's team of Collingwood also), then I'd be worried.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 11 Sep 2016 10:01 AM
kavorka - 11 Sep 2016 9:51 AM

They are hardly mercenaries. They are barely paid well in any sport. 

They have shown that they are just as willing to use dirty tactics to get even more underserved pay deals. The last Matildas tantrum still infuriates me.

Viennese Vuck

Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Front page of today's Age:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsROtMcVUAQaIP6.jpg

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

reeks of desperation tbh
World Class

'Leading female sports code' Netball hits back at AFL female league with average $67K salaries for players

• 38 reading now

National league netballers will earn an average annual wage of $67,500 for a 20-hour week under the collective agreement belatedly unveiled in Melbourne on Wednesday, dwarfing the salaries of footballers in the AFL's new female competition and taking a major step towards attaining fully professional status for the sport's 80 contracted players.

"Ideally, we'd love to see it by the end of this five-year broadcast deal," said Netball Australia deputy chief executive Marne Fechner, who hailed the announcement as "an exciting day" for netball and women's sport in general.

Netball Australia deputy chief executive Marne Fechner says netball is still the leading female sports code in Australia.
Netball Australia deputy chief executive Marne Fechner says netball is still the leading female sports code in Australia. Photo: Meredith O'Shea

Fechner said netball had maintained its position as "the leading female sports code", and its athletes as Australia's highest paid team sportswomen.

"We wanted to set the benchmark for women's sport, and we absolutely believe that we have achieved this with the new CPA," said Fechner.

Total player payments for the eight clubs will be $675,000 – including $500,000 in retainers, plus up to $150,000 for "bona fide" employment, education and ambassador roles. The balance comes from health insurance and technology allowances.

From a total payment pool of $5.4 million, the minimum salary will more-than-double from the previous ANZ Championship deal: rising from $13,250 to $27,375.

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Mister Football - 14 Sep 2016 3:40 PM
Front page of today's Age:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsROtMcVUAQaIP6.jpg

People dying in syria, and this is what is front page news in straya. They also waste 15 mins on the news every night talking about afl on fta like a nightmare that never ends....whats your point?

Ps mods i think its time for this thread to be moved to Afl tab. For the love of god.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

HortoMagiko - 14 Sep 2016 3:45 PM

People dying in syria, and this is what is front page news in straya. They also waste 15 mins on the news every night talking about afl on fta like a nightmare that never ends....whats your point?

Ps mods i think its time for this thread to be moved to Afl tab. For the love of god.

NO need to move it, there is genuine interest in this topic amongst soccer fans.
HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro

Mister Football - 14 Sep 2016 3:47 PM

NO need to move it, there is genuine interest in this topic amongst soccer fans.

Lock thread. Ban poster for inciting code wars.

Ange Postecoglou

Edited
8 Years Ago by HortoMagiko
Up the ante
Up the ante
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)

That front page says everything you need to know about Mexico

World Class

HortoMagiko - 14 Sep 2016 3:51 PM
Mister Football - 14 Sep 2016 3:47 PM

Lock thread. Ban poster for inciting code wars.

This is not an AFL thread.  Discussion on the funding given to the Womens game, especially relevant to the CBA and future development of the W-League

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

View from the fence - 14 Sep 2016 4:02 PM

This is not an AFL thread.  Discussion on the funding given to the Womens game, especially relevant to the CBA and future development of the W-League

You can argue anything about what some other sport do as relevant to the W-League.

In a resort somewhere

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro

Is there a women's football tab? We should invent one.

Ange Postecoglou

Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro

At the risk of stating the obvious, the thread is actually entitled:  

so I would think anything relating to the inaugural National Womens League would be relevant to this thread.
HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro

Mister Football - 14 Sep 2016 7:24 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious, the thread is actually entitled:  

so I would think anything relating to the inaugural National Womens League would be relevant to this thread.

Like i said, we need a womens football tab.... highly irrelevant, all this nonsense....but mostly because you uuse it as a springboard for your pathetic little code war fapps. 

Ange Postecoglou

Mister Football
Mister Football
Pro

Freo womens team announces two major sponsors:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-09-14/programmed-and-woodside-on-board-with-fremantles-womens-team

ACtually the two major sponsors are already visible in this presser with Kim Mickie, recent Olympian, who has signed with Freo.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2016-09-14/from-rio-to-freo

Edited
8 Years Ago by Mister Football
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Mister Football - 14 Sep 2016 7:46 PM
Freo womens team announces two major sponsors:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-09-14/programmed-and-woodside-on-board-with-fremantles-womens-team

ACtually the two major sponsors are already visible in this presser with Kim Mickie, recent Olympian, who has signed with Freo.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2016-09-14/from-rio-to-freo

Both already sponsor the mens team too.

Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Remember when this fool was lecturing us all about how the VFL was taking over China, he has new talking points now.
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Yeah I'm thinking he's just trolling. Everything I've come back at him with he's ignored until his next article he decides to post.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Mr VFL is yet to explain how this will be a viable concept when the match that was televised unopposed, with the novelty factor and the absolute best players still only managed to draw 17k viewers in Sydney. 

Their men's saturday night afl final wasn't much better tbh.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bigpoppa - 15 Sep 2016 9:38 AM
Yeah I'm thinking he's just trolling. Everything I've come back at him with he's ignored until his next article he decides to post.

He started trying to talk from a position of authority and smugness, but since he's been continually made to look like a fool with his ludicrous positions he's reverted to a sarcastic tone to save face. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search