Name your clubs most awkward marketing experiment

Name your clubs most awkward marketing experiment

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wanker?

Manners please.

I am in Queensland and Roar don't represent me.

So the "we are Queensland" slogan they use is crap.

You are not passionate Waz. You sound more like a wanker.

Attack the ball not the man please.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 12:06 PM
Wanker?

Manners please.

Couldn't find one in Maroon kit

https://media.giphy.com/media/qR6UR8K1Ia2BO/giphy.gif

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ Caltex.

Toughen up petrol boy!

You don't speak for the 65,000 mainly regional school kids that have gone through the Roar schools program who will love this, or the supporters in cairns who were wrapped when Roar played up there, of the bundy/Rocky based supporters who drive for hours to get to a game or two a year, of the tens of thousands of regional bases folk who see Roar as their team even though they can't get to a live game .... lighten up, it's just marketing and it's their team as well, and it's just Moroon (which they all love whether we like it or not) and it's just one game, and it's marketing that's actually working.

P.S. And you can't play the "play the ball not the man" card and then call ME a wanker. It's one or the other lol
THE STAPLER
THE STAPLER
Amateur
Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)Amateur (507 reputation)

scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 12:06 PM
Wanker?

Manners please.

It's ironic that in a thread about cringe, you have caused us all to cringe with that statement. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The most cringeworthy thing is that Brisbane haven't done more to capitalise of the rivalry earlier, even if this is a pretty lazy way of doing it.

Roar got 32k crowds two years running against Sydney in the regular season back in 06/07 and 07/08. Where did they all go?
Edited
8 Years Ago by paladisious
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Get a life losers.
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

WSF - 17 Nov 2016 1:23 PM
Get a life losers.

Which 3 ingredients do WSW fans most enjoy ?
http://oi63.tinypic.com/i2r476.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by View from the fence
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

View from the fence - 17 Nov 2016 1:28 PM
WSF - 17 Nov 2016 1:23 PM

Which 3 ingredients do WSW fans most enjoy ?
http://oi63.tinypic.com/i2r476.jpg

is he holding that burger upside down? 
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

pv4 - 17 Nov 2016 11:11 AM
This is honestly so cringeworthy that I love it with the entirety of my being.

So much yes! 

Somebody please bring the Breakers back. God knows the Jets need a bit of inspiration and maybe a local derby might do that. 

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

World Class

scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 3:14 PM

Wasn't Indonesia a Dutch Colony ?

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Yeah, but Australia helped them break away from the Dutch.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Lettuce, tomato and horse meat is standard

World Class

scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 3:19 PM
Yeah, but Australia helped them break away from the Dutch.

Bakrie getting revenge 

kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

I presume a Sydney fan has already said Lucas Neil?
Gazzza
Gazzza
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Waz - 17 Nov 2016 12:24 PM
@ Caltex. Toughen up petrol boy!You don't speak for the 65,000 mainly regional school kids that have gone through the Roar schools program who will love this, or the supporters in cairns who were wrapped when Roar played up there, of the bundy/Rocky based supporters who drive for hours to get to a game or two a year, of the tens of thousands of regional bases folk who see Roar as their team even though they can't get to a live game .... lighten up, it's just marketing and it's their team as well, and it's just Moroon (which they all love whether we like it or not) and it's just one game, and it's marketing that's actually working. P.S. And you can't play the "play the ball not the man" card and then call ME a wanker. It's one or the other lol

scott21 does come off as a wanker, he loves to strut around this joint thinking he is top shit. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by Gazzza
Redcarded
Redcarded
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

They were a whole heap of different sorts arguing, until the Dutch came along, and then Japanese helped them break away from the Dutch, then after that a fair few of them wanted to break away from being Indonesian. Then was a neighbor who had been Portuguese, then themselves, then Indonesian, and then we helped them get back to being themselves again. Then we shafted them for oil
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

It's all cool Gazzza just be sure not to project your own insecurities onto me.

I don't recall ever having much to do with you. The fact you answer him to abuse me is pathetic.

I hope I annoy you with every post I make.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Gazzza
Gazzza
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 5:13 PM
It's all cool Gazzza just be sure not to project your own insecurities onto me.

I don't recall ever having much to do with you. The fact you answer him to abuse me is pathetic.

I hope I annoy you with every post I make.

I call it like it is, like I said you come off as wanker.I responded to Waz because he one of the better posters on here, he actually puts thought and effort into his answers, where someone like you really contributes nothing to this forum other than a few pics and negative posts.

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I already called out scott21, the guy is a douche. 
World Class

Image result for WSW kiss Shirts

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Lol

"I call it like it is"

Now who thinks they are top shit?
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Gazzza - 17 Nov 2016 5:58 PM
scott21 - 17 Nov 2016 5:13 PM

I call it like it is, like I said you come off as wanker.I responded to Waz because he one of the better posters on here, he actually puts thought and effort into his answers, where someone like you really contributes nothing to this forum other than a few pics and negative posts.

While waz makes some effort with his posts and scott's are perennially negative, calling someone a wanker because he disagrees with their opinion is pretty lame.  His arguments would be better served without the insults.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Try to keep the posts civil lads, everyone is allowed to have an opinion. 

World Class

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2a0kf14.jpg

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

lukerobinho - 20 Sep 2016 7:13 PM

Absolute gold. Makes me want to move up to Sydney. 
Shatter
Shatter
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

I know it's unfashionable to jump on board with really forced marketing efforts, doubly so when they are derived from League, but I quite like the maroon jersey. Bit of a shame the Roar v SFC rivalry has turned in to a fizzler. It's really should be much bigger.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Shatter - 18 Nov 2016 11:49 PM
I know it's unfashionable to jump on board with really forced marketing efforts, doubly so when they are derived from League, but I quite like the maroon jersey. Bit of a shame the Roar v SFC rivalry has turned in to a fizzler. It's really should be much bigger.

Sydney Fc has been from the very start one of our biggest crowd pullers, Pala mentioned before we got around 30k in season 2 and 3 but it has dropped off since then. I've always considered Victory a bigger rival, but I never supported Roar from the start as I was born in S.A.

Edited
8 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Shatter - 18 Nov 2016 11:49 PM

Fox Sports needs to hire Gus Gould for his last word for this game. 

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search