Sydney FC Sign Dutch Defender

Sydney FC Sign Dutch Defender

Author
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
StiflersMom - 13 Jan 2017 4:48 PM
Nice, replace Jurman defender with a Dutch one 

This deserves some applause
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

kaufusi - 13 Jan 2017 4:47 PM
How many highlights videos has anyone seen of someone making cover tackles or clearing headers? None. Highlights are just that, the sort of things that grab people's attention. Getting a clean sheet won't get you on the news, but scoring the winning goal will.... So of course he shows his goals and not his tackles. 

Hopefully he can defend though! Decent pedigree and age. Not many/any genuine ball playing defenders in the HAL. Could really boost our attack, so long as he's solid in defence. Can't see him being worse than Ryall though

Somebody mentioned that the defender was going to be some Serbian dude and I looked him up on youtube and I found a video of him making covering tackles and clearing headers. So you are wrong, such videos do exist, but highlights videos do not show mistakes a defender makes and that is very important. 
Volrath2002
Volrath2002
Rising Star
Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)Rising Star (931 reputation)

Gruen - 14 Jan 2017 12:30 AM
kaufusi - 13 Jan 2017 4:47 PM

Somebody mentioned that the defender was going to be some Serbian dude and I looked him up on youtube and I found a video of him making covering tackles and clearing headers. So you are wrong, such videos do exist, but highlights videos do not show mistakes a defender makes and that is very important. 

Well when he does turn out for Sydney FC, you can bring along a video camera and take your own videos and post them up on YouTube. lol

Anyway, seems like a good signing to add some much needed depth to the squad that all of a sudden seemed wafer thin after a sale, injury and suspension. Will just have to wait and see how he fits into the FC system but surely it is better option than having to get a midfielder to play out of position at the heart of defence.

Canberra United - Member
KSV Hessen Kassel - Supporter
Lewes FC - Owner

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search