Round Sixteen: Western Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets

Round Sixteen: Western Sydney Wanderers v Newcastle Jets

Author
Post_hoc
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 23 Jan 2017 9:38 AM
Saw the first half. There was some good football on display from both teams.

Scott's goal was a fabulous finish. Do WSW need an import?

One difference that was decisive was WSW's work rate in pressing off the ball in the attacking half. Jets were often forced to build up under the pressure of intense closing down from WSW attacking players. Players like Clut need to contribute more when the other team is in possession.

Scott was asked a similar question and for a 19 year old I thought he answered it very well.  He said run up to finals and ACL it would be nice to have 3 strikers and I like to work hard at training and hopefully get picked.  The kid seems to want a challenge and feels very comfortable with his development at the club. By all accounts Santa was ecstatic that Scott scored his first and was jumping around in celebration. (he did the same when Sotirio scored.  For all their issues team dynamics and harmony looks pretty good.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Post_hoc - 23 Jan 2017 10:49 AM
Decentric - 23 Jan 2017 9:38 AM

Scott was asked a similar question and for a 19 year old I thought he answered it very well.  He said run up to finals and ACL it would be nice to have 3 strikers and I like to work hard at training and hopefully get picked.  The kid seems to want a challenge and feels very comfortable with his development at the club. By all accounts Santa was ecstatic that Scott scored his first and was jumping around in celebration. (he did the same when Sotirio scored.  For all their issues team dynamics and harmony looks pretty good.

Good to hear Santa celebrate the other players' goals!

I'm a bit worried there are too few Aussie strikers playing HAL football ATM. After playing many minutes last season, Blackwood has played little football for SFC this season.
Bally #1
Bally #1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 23 Jan 2017 12:42 PM
Post_hoc - 23 Jan 2017 10:49 AM

Good to hear Santa celebrate the other players' goals!

I'm a bit worried there are too few Aussie strikers playing HAL football ATM. After playing many minutes last season, Blackwood has played little football for SFC this season.

Brosque was injured last year, hence why the kid got a run.....from the last I knew Alex, hasn't changed his nationality either.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search