Matias Sanchez joins Melbourne Victory

Matias Sanchez joins Melbourne Victory

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
@ Walnuts.

totally agree he's got a good CV. And with crusaders comments that haters are gonna hate to borrow a line.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paladisious - 16 Aug 2017 5:07 PM
Davide82 - 16 Aug 2017 4:52 PM

No need to be snarky. LB is a deficient area for our squad, for sure.

Was meant to sound more like a friendly wink than snarky 
Image result for black adder apologies
Apologies
FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Crusader - 17 Aug 2017 3:53 AM
Another day, another quality visa player. Will be hard for the haters to keep talking the league down right now.

they're ALL quality visa signings, until they play, any we find out they are not. thats a comment to hold until about November

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Let's not forget though Greek super league reject = hal superstar.

Could take out the Johnny Warren medal.
FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

southmelb - 17 Aug 2017 11:12 AM
Let's not forget though Greek super league reject = hal superstar.Could take out the Johnny Warren medal.

My all-time fav was whne BRFC signed Kurtishi to replace Berisha becase he was from the same area

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Tambo - 16 Aug 2017 10:56 PM
With Asian champions league I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez is used predominately in the A League to partner one of Milligan or Valeri at a time to allow them to rest for Asia. Every chance he won't be in the champions league squad as a result.. 

yep. that was my line of thinking too. there is no doubt the club is planning with the ACL firmly at the forefront. We're also chasing a Asian visa player as well. But we might need to be patient in this regard... even if it means we have to wait til the January transfer window to get the right player. Our squad is good enough to start the season with 4 visa players

Waz - 17 Aug 2017 7:54 AM
A pet hate of mine is when certain clubs make a signing and it's naturally accepted they will be good, while others are dismissed. And yet there's no basis for that assumption. No club, not even CFG with all their resources, have demonstrated they get it right a high percentage of the time. The best visa signings often come from other A league clubs because they're proven and established in Australia whereas guys from overseas are way more hit n miss no matter what their pedigree. 

spot on. This has been our modus operandi for a few years now. and it looks like other clubs are copying when you factor in the large amount is recycled players signing for new clubs this off-season. 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

All of temperleys matches from last season are on YouTube so if a scout or recruiter wanted to and had the time they could easily watch and see how he plays.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Re Argentine players, I reckon we should've made a bid for Jonatan Cristaldo. He's just returned to Velez Sarsfield from Mexico, on what appears by all accounts to have been a free transfer. He can play anywhere up front, including on the left. We might have been able to get him for 300-400k salary, especially as he has family here in Melbourne and his cousin used to play for our youth team. He would've been an absolute star here for a year or 2. But now that he's back in Buenos Aires, I don't see him coming out here in the future.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 17 Aug 2017 2:00 PM
Re Argentine players, I reckon we should've made a bid for Jonatan Cristaldo. He's just returned to Velez Sarsfield from Mexico, on what appears by all accounts to have been a free transfer. He can play anywhere up front, including on the left. We might have been able to get him for 300-400k salary, especially as he has family here in Melbourne and his cousin used to play for our youth team. He would've been an absolute star here for a year or 2. But now that he's back in Buenos Aires, I don't see him coming out here in the future.

Got a suspicion that Sanchez is on less than that.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro

Why not both?
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 17 Aug 2017 5:20 PM
Why not both?

With the money we're allegedly paying Troisi under the cap, I'd be surprised if we'd be able to afford that. Williams and Kosta won't be on minimum wage either. 

actually speaking of the salary cap, do we even know what it is for next season? 3 million? 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 18 Aug 2017 10:34 AM
MarkfromCroydon - 17 Aug 2017 5:20 PM

With the money we're allegedly paying Troisi under the cap, I'd be surprised if we'd be able to afford that. Williams and Kosta won't be on minimum wage either. 

actually speaking of the salary cap, do we even know what it is for next season? 3 million? 

Is that one of the sticking points atm RE: Clubs v FFA?

Or was that just what the FFA will give them to go towards the cap? (I always thought FFA paid the cap in full).

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 18 Aug 2017 11:08 AM
Feed_The_Brox - 18 Aug 2017 10:34 AM

Is that one of the sticking points atm RE: Clubs v FFA?

Or was that just what the FFA will give them to go towards the cap? (I always thought FFA paid the cap in full).

-PB

Salary cap is still unconfirmed. Under the terms of the CBA, the salary cap will rise to at least $2.92 million for the 2017/18 season. However the clubs want it pushed up to $3M.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro

someguyjc - 18 Aug 2017 11:37 AM
paulbagzFC - 18 Aug 2017 11:08 AM

Salary cap is still unconfirmed. Under the terms of the CBA, the salary cap will rise to at least $2.92 million for the 2017/18 season. However the clubs want it pushed up to $3M.

yep. my understanding was the same. the cap was going up by a minimum of 10% (from last years $2.6m). must be tricky for clubs to sign players around an unconfirmed salary cap.  
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 18 Aug 2017 1:01 PM
someguyjc - 18 Aug 2017 11:37 AM

yep. my understanding was the same. the cap was going up by a minimum of 10% (from last years $2.6m). must be tricky for clubs to sign players around an unconfirmed salary cap.  

Work off worse case I spose and if you have extra cash left over then burn it in Jan.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search