LADDER ORDER - 2017

LADDER ORDER - 2017

Author
Ultimate
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wanderers
Adelaide
Victory
Glory
Sydney
City
Roar
Jets
Phoenix
CCM

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I'll have a crack   

1. Sydney – only first just as acl commitments will bring them back to the pack. Have to say though that it’s a credit to Arnie for getting the majority of its list together.
  2. Adelaide United - preseason form indicates me that they've righted a lot wrongs from last season. Seem very dangerous in the front third. They definitely lacked that killer instinct last year up front.
  3. Perth - I think I overrate them every season in predictions but they have no more excuses anymore. With a fortress at home they just need to be consistent on the road to be contenders. If the defenders can stay injury free it will help their defensive troubles of last season. With imports like Castro, Torres, Andreu and Keogh this squad has to strike with they have the chance. I don't rate Lowe's coaching but on paper this team can go far.
  4. WSW – I would’ve rated them higher perhaps even 2nd or 3rd but with Poppa’s departure it does leave a period of instability and a bit of the unknown. If their imports can fire in particular Riera then the rest of the league need to look out.
  5. Brisbane – There’s been a lot of talk about this “Dad’s Army” but quality is still quality. It’s a strategy that could make or break the Aloisi Bros season but they still have some good youth coming through with Caletti and Skepetis. Wouldn’t surprise me if a few key injuries brought them down to 7th or 8th.
  6. Melbourne Victory – Coming from a pessimistic Vuck supporter, I just don’t think we’ve improved our squad. Kosta for Rojas is a downgrade and Millsy is the only notable quality being brought in.
    With an ACL campaign & international duties impending, we don’t have the squad depth to balance and get results in both. Finishing 6th a few seasons back with the same scenario seems a likely scenario to me.
  7. Melbourne City – Similar to Victory, at a brief glance it appears that City haven’t improved their squad besides getting a few old depth players from Adelaide. Fornaroli’s injury is huge and Macormack comes with question marks towards his fitness and attitude. Jakobsen was a huge player for their back 4 last season and when he was plagued with injuries City’s season fell apart, keep him fit and they could go as high as 3rd or 4th.
  8. Central Coast – Finally have a squad worthy of being talked about. Okon’s own imports have certainly been a breath of fresh air to what they’ve had the last few years. A solid and reliable CB who will give his all, two CM’s who are leaders and come from success in a high quality league and a Spaniard who will elad the front line. If these four fire up they could really bring a few of the younger guys up with them like DDS. Looking forward to seeing a more competitive unit in 17/18.
  9. Newcastle Jets – They are on the improve and I eagerly await Vargas’ time coming straight from AEK. Bringing in NTS, Georgeivski, O’Donovan and Vargas shows a spine that was non-existent in the latter half of 16/17. Do they have the depth to compete over the course of a season though?
  10. Wellington – With a side that is consistently crippled from international duty it’s hard to give the Nix serious contention for the finals. They’ve kept things pretty low key over the other side of the Tasman and I’m thinking the team will bring a more defensive mindset for this coming season. I can’t see them picking up enough points on the road to be any higher than 8th this season.
Riera to win the golden boot

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

scott21 - 2 Oct 2017 6:59 PM
The Waratahs have two home fixtures with venues still down as TBC - the Reds on 21 April and the Blues on 5 May. The first is a scheduling clash with Sydney FC and the second is due to the FFA booking Allianz Stadium for the entire weekend in the event Sydney, Central Coast or Newcastle need the venue for the A-League Grand Final.

Waratahs 2018 Super Rugby revealed | Daily Telegraph

Can't believe what I'm reading there.

FFA proactive, third time lucky and it's the super rugby that misses out!
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Happy to stick with my pre-season tips but if I was to redo them now after round 1:

1. SFC - Looked rusty and will have to improve but they know how to win even when they are not necessarily the best team on the day.
2. WSW - Think they have everything they need now on the pitch. They just need to get the right coaching staff.
3. MV - The starting 11 will be fantastic but the rest of the squad will make it difficult especially with extra games to win every week. They will win the grand final.
4. JETS - They will definitely do better than last year and should make the finals.
5. Reds - May take some time for the new mid-field to jell and perhaps the number 9 is a bit weak.
6. City - Perhaps the new coach is actually getting somewhere. Ross Mc. is a good pickup and will mean they can win games without Bruno.
7. CCM - Improved but still some work to do.
8. Perth - Still look like they will leak goals. If they can fix this they can do much much better.
9. Roar - I rate the coaches but think they have too much to do with this squad for this season.
10. WP - Have them with the wooden spoon but they are not terrible. They could do better but will not make finals.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

alvn1 - 22 Sep 2017 10:58 AM
1. Sydney FC
2. West Sydney Wanderers
3. Adelaide United
4. Perth Glory
5. Melbourne Victory
6. Newcastle Jets
7. Melbourne City
8. Brisbane Roar
9. Central Coast Mariners
10. Wellington Phoenix

hmmm yes, if 1st round adjustments were allowed I 'd go with.....
1. Sydney FC
2. West Sydney Wanderers
3. Melbourne Victory
4. Newcastle Jets
5. Perth Glory
6. Melbourne City
7.Adelaide United
8. Brisbane Roar
9. Central Coast Mariners
10. Wellington Phoenix 
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 22 Sep 2017 1:46 PM
Sydney
Adelaide
Victory
Wanderers
Brisbane
Mariners
Melbourne City
Perth
Newcastle
Wellington

Still sticking firm with this after R1
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
paulc - 2 Oct 2017 8:02 AM
Gruen - 22 Sep 2017 12:54 PM

3 major problems with this:
1. WSW at the ttop after yesterday lol
2. Adelaide near the bottom lol x 2
3. Completely forgets Roar's devine right to be near the top as usual no matter how hard they try not to be.

Otherwise reasonable.

still super happy to be one of the only ones to tip Adelaide outside the 6.
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

pv4 - 9 Oct 2017 11:09 AM
paulc - 2 Oct 2017 8:02 AM

still super happy to be one of the only ones to tip Adelaide outside the 6.

Not a great showing from Adelaide I admit but Gulum missed most of preseason so should only get better, Adlung looked very good but was a late arrival so should get better. That Baba didn't come on is the huge mystery, perhaps he is still underdone, he is a lot better striker than Blackwood in my view. Still confident that the top 6 is easily achievable with the squad available.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Gruen - 9 Oct 2017 11:56 AM
pv4 - 9 Oct 2017 11:09 AM

Not a great showing from Adelaide I admit but Gulum missed most of preseason so should only get better, Adlung looked very good but was a late arrival so should get better. That Baba didn't come on is the huge mystery, perhaps he is still underdone, he is a lot better striker than Blackwood in my view. Still confident that the top 6 is easily achievable with the squad available.

Yeah can only assume, Kurz seemingly being a fitness hardarse, that Baba is not meeting some sort of physical standards as he is so many levels above Blackwood as a striker. 

I hope this is settled early and doesn't become a stand off because I predicted Baba to have a huge year with the better service he is sure to receive than last season.

If not, my prediction of us fighting for 4th becomes fighting for 6th (aka nothing).
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Here's my tip:
1. Sydney
2. WSW
3. Victory
4. Perth
5. Newcastle
6. Roar
7. City
8.. Adelaide
9. CCM
10. Nix