World Cup tickets

World Cup tickets

Author
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Feed_The_Brox - 8 Jun 2018 1:14 PM
phutbol - 8 Jun 2018 1:02 PM

I've heard people that have already arrived saying they were able to exchange AUD at St Petersburg airport no problem. 43R to $1AUD. I'm sure you'll get a better rate in the city (if you are willing to take that risk). I have exchanged some Rubles here in Melbourne and got 40R for $1AUD. I am landing via Moscow Domodedovo airport, so I might look at exchanging some more there if I am able to.

43r is fine for a few bucks at the arirport. current mid-market rate is around 47.5 so its not too much of a shearing.

Some of the Russian bank rates i've been able to find have been as low as 34r and thats also what Travelex and the other big one here (cant think of it atm) quoted me when I enquired about ordering some here. Highway robbery. "no commission though" they said.

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 8 Jun 2018 9:12 AM
Appreciate the advice Vlad.  Now about that beer.  Check your inbox.

Muz. Are you blokes catching up in Moscow? I'm travelling solo and based there. Would be nice to say g'day to some fellow world cup forumites in person if other timings permit. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

phutbol - 8 Jun 2018 2:05 PM
Munrubenmuz - 8 Jun 2018 9:12 AM

Muz. Are you blokes catching up in Moscow? I'm travelling solo and based there. Would be nice to say g'day to some fellow world cup forumites in person if other timings permit. 

Mate for sure.  Im with only.with one other bloke.  Ill pm you my messenger contact.  (Do you have messenger.)  We fly from Moscow to Kazan on the 14th so only really in Moscow for 1 full day on the 13th.  On the 15th some other lads I've hooked up with on Facebook are meeting at the top hop bar Kazan.  

I'll fill you in on all that when we chat.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
ATMs are called bankomats in Russian and I wish we'd import that word.
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro

Munrubenmuz - 8 Jun 2018 2:51 PM
phutbol - 8 Jun 2018 2:05 PM

Mate for sure.  Im with only.with one other bloke.  Ill pm you my messenger contact.  (Do you have messenger.)  We fly from Moscow to Kazan on the 14th so only really in Moscow for 1 full day on the 13th.  On the 15th some other lads I've hooked up with on Facebook are meeting at the top hop bar Kazan.  

I'll fill you in on all that when we chat.

No worries. May not work but talk more on messenger.

Vlad
Vlad
Weekender
Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)

phutbol - 8 Jun 2018 1:02 PM
[quote]
Vlad - 8 Jun 2018 8:11 AM

So Vlad, will it be impossible to change AUD in russia? or will it be possible with a really bad exchange rate?

At the moment in Moscow the rate is 45-45,50-45,90R/1 AUD while the interbank rate is smth like 47,50 R/1 AUD. Not bad. Unfortunatelly, all links to banks sites are in Russian language. Since only the big banks deal with AUD, there is no risk.
towel3396
towel3396
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Hi all,
Heading to Kazan on Friday for the game on Saturday and hanging around for a couple days before going to Samara for the second game. Does anyone know where I can get any info on where the Aussie fans will be hanging around in terms of bars and stuff?
Thanks!
VM10
VM10
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

For anyone in Russia...

1 x Australia v France ticket for sale

Category 1 - face value or nearest offer

pick up in Kazan - PM for details

Thanks
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro

Out of all the countries I have visited, Russia has to be the easiest country to get a SIM card. Took less than 10 mins to purchase and set up an cost $15 for 15 gb.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

I've had a look at the FIFA ticketing site to see if I can score an extra game at Luzhniki, but recently it's been saying "maximum 7 games reached". Are they really not letting individuals buy more than seven tickets each?
99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

@pala

Just create a new account mate. Use your name but just change your date of birth and maybe the last number on your passport when creating the account. I used 2 accounts with the same name and card but just those things different and it was fine. Just use the self serve machines at the ticketing centre, all it asks for his card and d.o.b. Just right down the fake d.o.b you use so you don’t forget, which clearly the person in front of me at the centre had forgotten
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

+1 on the SIM card comment.

I paid $14 AUD for a Beeline SIM giving me UNLIMITED 4G for 30 days.

I’ve never even seen unlimited 4G plans in Aus.
Michaelkregs
Michaelkregs
Hacker
Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)Hacker (312 reputation)

Hi guys, any of you still in Sochi?
I have a category A ticket for sale for Uruguay v Portugal on Saturday. Just face value. Thought I’d ask here before re selling at ticketing centre

Cheers
Vlad
Vlad
Weekender
Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)

Does anyone know a blog or facebook page with a stories about australian fans visit WC2018? Better informal, no newspaper ones. I've googled with no success. Just interested in impressions.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Vlad - 4 Jul 2018 2:06 AM
Does anyone know a blog or facebook page with a stories about australian fans visit WC2018? Better informal, no newspaper ones. I've googled with no success. Just interested in impressions.

Probably a stack of Insta Stories floating around.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Has anyone else who got conditional tickets gotten their refunds yet?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search