That's not Micky: Marrone defended after ball boy tackle [Comments]

That's not Micky: Marrone defended after ball boy tackle [Comments]

Author
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
aussie pride - 22 Nov 2017 12:25 PM
Sets a dangerous precedent for ball boys around the league now if Sydney are glorifying the kid by giving the medal & getting him to lift the trophy.

Deserves nothing more than a yellow card for simulation
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Looked like the kid took a dive. :laugh:

99 Problems
99 Problems
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

The outrage is out of proportion for sure, but Marrone did push a child over off the field of play during a football game. It is one of the stupider things seen. If he points out the kid won’t give him the ball the ref might add some time on. Instead he pushes him over and gets himself sent off. It’s funny that his best case in defence of himself is that he was outsmarted by a small child.

Also it’s literally impossible for a ball boy to ‘cheat’.
Totally_Red
Totally_Red
Hacker
Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)Hacker (302 reputation)

99 Problems - 22 Nov 2017 1:38 PM
The outrage is out of proportion for sure, but Marrone did push a child over off the field of play during a football game. It is one of the stupider things seen. If he points out the kid won’t give him the ball the ref might add some time on. Instead he pushes him over and gets himself sent off. It’s funny that his best case in defence of himself is that he was outsmarted by a small child. Also it’s literally impossible for a ball boy to ‘cheat’.

Did he actually push the kid or did the kid fall because Marrone was trying to grab the ball. This has /was blown out of proportion. No one is saying anything about hero Matt Simons who also should not have got involve escalating this to a much bigger deal. Should Matt Simon also get a suspension for making this matter worse.

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

The outrage is out of proportion for sure, but Marrone did push a child over off the field of play during a football game. It is one of the stupider things seen. If he points out the kid won’t give him the ball the ref might add some time on. Instead he pushes him over and gets himself sent off. It’s funny that his best case in defence of himself is that he was outsmarted by a small child. Also it’s literally impossible for a ball boy to ‘cheat’.

Would you be happy if all home teams instructed their ball boys to delay giving the ball back to away teams. that wouldn't be cheating and would be acceptable in your opinion?

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Totally_Red - 22 Nov 2017 1:55 PM

Did he actually push the kid or did the kid fall because Marrone was trying to grab the ball. This has /was blown out of proportion. No one is saying anything about hero Matt Simons who also should not have got involve escalating this to a much bigger deal. Should Matt Simon also get a suspension for making this matter worse.

it looked like the brat fell to teh ground on purpose to protect the ball further. unsporting and unbeleivable, why Sydney FC celebrate this behavior?

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I was at a MV game once (cant recall which one) and the ball boy sat on the ball and pretended he didn't have it. The player had to look elsewhere and a lot of time was lost. The kid ended up getting a serve by whoever manages the ball boys

Its not good enough

As a ball boy they should not be supporting a team and have an attitude towards the away team. They are there to do a job and they are given an opportunity many fans could only dream of

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

I think I need to post this here because people are attempting to justify Marrone's behaviour here. He knocks the kid down and then accosts him whilst on the ground. 

442 forumites are defending violence against children. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Nachoman
Nachoman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 2:13 PM

I think I need to post this here because people are attempting to justify Marrone's behaviour here. He knocks the kid down and then accosts him whilst on the ground. 

marrone cops a ban , fair enough
but if matt simon walks away free , farken this is dodgy 
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

As an aside: Once I was at a W League game at a regional ground and the ball was hacked my way. Went about 50 meters beyond the line. So I ran to get it (the ball girl was too far away)

I didn't want to hoof it back (and risk kicking it on the ground) or misthrow it so I pretty much jogged it back to the line

After a few seconds the W League player (I think it was Sarah Walsh) got antsy at me and started accusing me of holding up play. She called out to the referee or one of the other players accusing it as an act of cheating, so when I was about 10 meters away I rolled it towards her (was hoping to hand it to her)

Sometimes its an act of malice. Other times its plum stupidity :)

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

accosts him on the ground??? Looks like he is trying to grab the ball the whole time nothing more nothing less.

I think everyone agrees he acted irrationally and will be banned for a few games, I think most people are upset that the ball boy is being lauded for their act of defiance (given a medal and spot on the podium) and that Matt Simon wasn't disciplined (if he reacted like that on the field to a team mate being tackled roughly he would have been sent off).
newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

then call the police, and charge him for assault if its violence against children.

oh wait..  that assault card was already played against Calombaris

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I like you as a poster generally so i really really hope this is just a windup
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 2:43 PM

Taking the piss surely.

Member since 2008.

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 2:43 PM

You're a better poster than this Sydney

Looks like he's falling to the ground before Marrone touches him. Marrone is clearly attempting to reach around the kids back and get the ball, this assault talk is absolute nonsense. 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
According to Gulum the kid was claiming he had leg cramps so he couldn't walk just before the incident.

“I’m assuming this, but how can a ball boy pretend he has cramps in his leg and not give the ball back,’’ Gulum said at Sydney airport on Wednesday.

“My 70-year-old grandfather doesn’t get cramps, he was holding his leg and saying when he had the ball ‘I can’t walk I’ve got cramps’.

“Can a 10-year-old boy think of something like that?

“If we were playing at home we would be telling our ball boys not to give the ball back straight away either.

“Everybody knows what type of person Mickey (Marrone) is, he is a quiet boy I wish he was a little bit louder.

“He is a gentleman, it’s just an unfortunate situation and it has been blown out of proportion.”
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/gulum-how-can-a-ball-boy-pretend-he-has-cramps-in-his-leg/news-story/feacc3eff83be7e196a6e8f401c1a04d

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

phreeky
phreeky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

The kid is a right little shit and should be banned from attending for some time. Fuck him, that's not the behaviour you want from a ball boy.

Marrone did not "assault" the kid, though he certainly did go overboard and needs to be punished. Simply put, he should know that he shouldn't lay a hand on them, regardless of how gentle it may be.

And Simon, probably one of the most dislike-able people in Australian football IMO, has acted in the way exactly as you'd expect from somebody with such a temper. How he can get away without any punishment is beyond me.
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Ball boy did the wrong thing and yes he is just a kid, but he should never been handled the way he was. Marrone is lucky that this wasnt at a local game and the father was standing just over the fence. It wouldnt have been Matt Simon just pushing him. Dont give the kid a medal FFS either. 3 match ban and no more ball boy duties for the young lad.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend

Sydney FC are probably thanking their lucky stars that this incident takes away from their inept administration yet again. Literally had their star player out there begging for people to turn up and what, 13k? Clearly nobody in Sydney gives a shit about the franchise either.

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

walnuts - 22 Nov 2017 3:07 PM
Sydney FC are probably thanking their lucky stars that this incident takes away from their inept administration yet again. Literally had their star player out there begging for people to turn up and what, 13k? Clearly nobody in Sydney gives a shit about the franchise either.

I give a shit & I was out there & so was another 12999 others. Stick that where the sun don't shine, it was great night.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Fuck me. Your club got less than 2k more on a SATURDAY. You are in no position to have a dig.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Lol only getting 13 k to a cup final.

This whole tackle thing is ridiculous. It wasn't even a tackle. He ran up to get the ball and the ball boy turned and so with momentum he ran into him. The boy may have even instinctively turned away more in fear than anything too with an adult running at him to get the ball. For the boy to get awarded is absurd as well. Made for good television though.
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 3:20 PM

Fuck me. Your club got less than 2k more on a SATURDAY. You are in no position to have a dig.

Was that Saturday a cup final? 
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Your club has a history of this pathetic behaviour

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-coach-graham-arnold-pleads-with-fans-to-attend-games-after-lowest-attendance-in-five-seasons-20170209-gu9nyn.html

Biggest club in the country? Not even the biggest club in the city. 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

433 - 22 Nov 2017 3:55 PM

Your club has a history of this pathetic behaviour

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-coach-graham-arnold-pleads-with-fans-to-attend-games-after-lowest-attendance-in-five-seasons-20170209-gu9nyn.html

Biggest club in the country? Not even the biggest club in the city. 

We have all the trophies though.

tfozz
tfozz
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Entertaining stuff especially from the outrage. More of this type of drama please.
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Can you blame Sydney's administration for this game, when its run by the FFA?
Ticketing, as it has for every "big" event, was handled poorly. Introducing designated seating, reducing the GA areas. Refusing to let members sit in there normal seats and releasing the shit seats for sale first was always going to work well. Then they were anal about people sitting in the wrong empty seats in mostly empty stadium, giving up at the start of the match when the mass migration from the shithouse corner seats to the empty opposite stand forced their hand.

Marrone doesn't need a long suspension. I think he looked as surprised and shocked as everyone at what happened. Matt Simon was overzealous but didn't really do anything wrong.

That article above reminded me. WTF was Gulum doing on the opposite side of the pitch when he got a yellow as a substitute?
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

chillbilly - 22 Nov 2017 6:55 PM

Ticketing, as it has for every "big" event, was handled poorly. Introducing designated seating, reducing the GA areas. Refusing to let members sit in there normal seats and releasing the shit seats for sale first was always going to work well. Then they were anal about people sitting in the wrong empty seats in mostly empty stadium, giving up at the start of the match when the mass migration from the shithouse corner seats to the empty opposite stand forced their hand.

Marrone doesn't need a long suspension. I think he looked as surprised and shocked as everyone at what happened. Matt Simon was overzealous but didn't really do anything wrong.

That article above reminded me. WTF was Gulum doing on the opposite side of the pitch when he got a yellow as a substitute?

Had the ball boy given the ball to Marrone as he should have, there would have been no incident.
Marrone will get 2-4 weeks but the ball boy needs to banned from Sydney FC games indefinitely and Xullo back the medal. Obviously a junior Cove member.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

chillbilly - 22 Nov 2017 6:55 PM

Matt Simon charging in, just made the whole thing worse than it actually was, I'm sure Marrone was about to help the kid up as he never wanted him to fall over. If you watch the video Simon holds and pulls on Marrones kit quite a few times after the incident, very unnecessary. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Marrone and that ball boy should both get a 4 match suspension and if Matt Simon gets away scott-free for his violence he must have friends in high places.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search