9am FFA press conference announced. - Ange and Gallop to front.

9am FFA press conference announced. - Ange and Gallop to front.

Author
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Why Ange, why. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

This guy needs to be booted out of Australia... the confidence boost we got from qualifying and beating Honduras has been pissed away in 2 seconds... the guy has no heart... cold as fuck. 

I guess the only person to blame is Fozzie... Ange has obviously had a chip on his shoulder against the FFA since then and just wanted to rub salt into the wounds...
newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

vincenzogold - 22 Nov 2017 9:58 AM
Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 9:37 AM

Definitely not. He is still one of the first names you put in the squad.

He is still saving us we would not have been going to the world cup if it wasn't for his two goals against Syria, cause no one else looked like they were going to score

I do worry that Timmy might have played his final Socceroos game against Honduras,,,,    if the new coach is not Australian.
But lets hope not,,,  I wanna see him score 4 goals at 4 world cups!

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Oh FFS Ange.

Piss off then you c.unt

Mayeda
Mayeda
Weekender
Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)

“Winning a World Cup – I’ve visualised it,” 
“I’ve visualised it and I’ve visualised it a long time ago – and still do today."

Ange Postecoglou 2017

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Mayeda - 22 Nov 2017 10:30 AM
“Winning a World Cup – I’ve visualised it,” 
“I’ve visualised it and I’ve visualised it a long time ago – and still do today."

Ange Postecoglou 2017

With Greece. Thanks for the stepping stone lads. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 10:31 AM
Mayeda - 22 Nov 2017 10:30 AM

With Greece. Thanks for the stepping stone lads. 

More likely to be coaching in the Greek 3rd division again.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Hopefully the new guy will get the team attacking with some greater speed in transition, the current tactics allow the entire opposition to setup defensively before we play forward.
Speedy counter attacks lead to goals in international football.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 10:37 AM

To be fair I visualised winning the world cup for a long time too growing up till i realised being fat and lazy was easier
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 22 Nov 2017 9:20 AM
"Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold (a former Socceroos caretaker boss) and Melbourne Victory’s Kevin Muscat have been touted as potential new managers for the Socceroos. Arnold, whose Sky Blues team claimed a historic treble by winning the FFA Cup on Tuesday night, would be favourite."

Lol no fucking way Musky's name would be anywhere near the NT.

-PB

neither should be. 
If we have the roos play that dog shit that arnold dishes up the team may as well not get on the plane. 
Gombau was the man before the wanderers. It has to be a foreigner now... at least til after the asian cup.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Some of you need to shut the fuck up because none of you know his reasons for leaving. Ungrateful losers.

E

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Well I for one am glad Ange has stood up to the FFA over their incompetence and basically resigned as a big eff you to them.
How they will manage to source and interview another coach under it’s current duress will be well beyond them.

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Carlo Ancelotti isn't doing much these days
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 22 Nov 2017 10:51 AM
Some of you need to shut the fuck up because none of you know his reasons for leaving. Ungrateful losers.

Ummmm, except that he told us his reasons at the press conference.... and they are all self-centred and not at all focused on ensuring that Australia achieves its best possible results at the WC - which is in direct conflict to what he said when he took the job.

Mayeda
Mayeda
Weekender
Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)Weekender (45 reputation)

aussie pride - 22 Nov 2017 10:51 AM
Well I for one am glad Ange has stood up to the FFA over their incompetence and basically resigned as a big eff you to them.
How they will manage to source and interview another coach under it’s current duress will be well beyond them.

So Ange believes his personal vendetta against the FFA takes priority over the country performing at the World Cup?  

Great

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

clockwork orange - 22 Nov 2017 11:00 AM
9GABmeme420 - 22 Nov 2017 10:51 AM

Ummmm, except that he told us his reasons at the press conference.... and they are all self-centred and not at all focused on ensuring that Australia achieves its best possible results at the WC - which is in direct conflict to what he said when he took the job.

Sounds like most the reasons are for personal and family well-being ... how dare he be so self centred!!
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Can't understand the negativity aimed at Ange.  He single handedly revitalised the Soccerooos brand after the dirge years of Pim and Holger.   He helped us conquer Asia, got us to a world cup despite our worst playing stocks in decades but imo his most significant achievement was making the Socceroos exciting to watch again.  Plenty of frustrating moments too but on the whole its difficult to argue anything other than his tenure was a success.  All the best to Ange, and a positive for the Socceroos too as it opens the door to bring in a high quality European coach who can continue to build on what Ange has achieved.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

rusty - 22 Nov 2017 11:11 AM
Can't understand the negativity aimed at Ange.  He single handedly revitalised the Soccerooos brand after the dirge years of Pim and Holger.   He helped us conquer Asia, got us to a world cup despite our worst playing stocks in decades but imo his most significant achievement was making the Socceroos exciting to watch again.  Plenty of frustrating moments too but on the whole its difficult to argue anything other than his tenure was a success.  All the best to Ange, and a positive for the Socceroos too as it opens the door to bring in a high quality European coach who can continue to build on what Ange has achieved.

I personally can't remember a time when we were exciting to watch (probably the Barcelona Olympics team?? Which was an under age team)

Even during our Golden Generation period the excitement was that the team could grind out results, but they didn't really play exciting football most the time (was pretty hard that most our meaningful games were against Oceania though).
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Please no Arnold.His style only works in the HAL because teams lack the quality to take advantage of his teams weaknesses.
At international level all we would see is a defensive team like Pim V had, waiting for the one or two opportunities a game to score,but being under the hammer,the rest of the time.
I guess with Ange quitting we will find out the real reasons over the next months?
So Aloisi predicted this .Maybe he should step in.Please take him.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

johnszasz - 22 Nov 2017 9:27 AM
Van Marwijk would be best. He's had his eye on us for more than a year. 

Why didn't he re-sign with the Saudis after qualification?? I wouldn't have imagined it was monetary reasons (the Saudis have plenty of that and considering he got them to qualify after how many missed world cups) ...

I'd say the FFA wouldn't be able to offer him as much, but they may let him have more freedoms (and maybe a longer contract).
Seb 1968
Seb 1968
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

Good point, I have to confess that I was calling for Ange's head after the Soccerroos failed to qualify automatically from their group, and had to do so via the play offs against Syria and Hondouras, but let's give Ange credit, he won us the Asian Cup, and has successfully guided Australia to their fourth successive World Cup.

I just pray the FFA find a good replacement, and yes, all the best to Ange, he's achieved a lot for an Australian coach.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Sebr1968
YoShuuuu
YoShuuuu
Super Fan
Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)Super Fan (155 reputation)

walnuts - 22 Nov 2017 10:56 AM
Carlo Ancelotti isn't doing much these days

He also rejected a $50 million deal with UAE soooooooo

Sydney FC 

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

mcjules - 22 Nov 2017 10:37 AM

Hopefully that is where he eventually ends up.

Ange has officially lost all respect I had for him. I actively hope he fails.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

buckethead
buckethead
Super Fan
Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)Super Fan (136 reputation)

sokorny - 22 Nov 2017 11:19 AM
johnszasz - 22 Nov 2017 9:27 AM

Why didn't he re-sign with the Saudis after qualification?? I wouldn't have imagined it was monetary reasons (the Saudis have plenty of that and considering he got them to qualify after how many missed world cups) ...

I'd say the FFA wouldn't be able to offer him as much, but they may let him have more freedoms (and maybe a longer contract).

The Saudis wanted to put clauses in his contract that he had to live in Saudi Arabia and would only be allowed to leave the country with the written permission of the Saudi FA.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

And at the end of the day what is the point? He's cut and run like a coward. I can accept "playing his way" if he aimed to take us to the cup, where possession based football actually might be beneficial.  But no, we played risky football with a back 3 for NOTHING.

Piss off Ange and don't come crawling back when the criticism of your coaching is far more vitriolic in your overseas gig.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 11:40 AM

And at the end of the day what is the point? He's cut and run like a coward. I can accept "playing his way" if he aimed to take us to the cup, where possession based football actually might be beneficial.  But no, we played risky football with a back 3 for NOTHING.

Piss off Ange and don't come crawling back when the criticism of your coaching is far more vitriolic in your overseas gig.

For nothing?

>Good performances in the Confederations Cup
> Qualified for a world cup

Don't detract from his achievements because you personally don't like the way he set up the team. 

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

jlm8695 - 22 Nov 2017 11:45 AM
sydneyfc1987 - 22 Nov 2017 11:40 AM

For nothing?

>Good performances in the Confederations Cup

The best you could say was we weren't embarrassed.
That's always been the best we achieve on the world stage pre Ange or with Ange.

I feel like if we had beaten Cameroon and also qualified directly for the WC he may have stayed in the job.
As it is saw he had done all he could and the best he would achieve was another noble group stage exit
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

He's clearly left for personal reasons. Maybe the pressure was too much, but more likely his family was suffering by the sounds of it. 

Whatever the reason. the next guy inherits a settled, maturing team that can play a number of systems and has attacking intent. All he has to do is have faith in them and realise they are not the style of socceroos from 10 years ago (especially if its a foreigner with no recent knowledge of the roos).

If you want a reminder of what we used to be like - watch NZ vs Peru playoff matches. Albeit we might have had slightly better cattle. 

We cant go back to that.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Davide82 - 22 Nov 2017 11:56 AM
jlm8695 - 22 Nov 2017 11:45 AM

The best you could say was we weren't embarrassed.
That's always been the best we achieve on the world stage pre Ange or with Ange.

I feel like if we had beaten Cameroon and also qualified directly for the WC he may have stayed in the job.
As it is saw he had done all he could and the best he would achieve was another noble group stage exit

Our performance against Chile (despite not winning) was the best I've seen the Socceros play since 06.  I don't think there's any shame from walking away from that group only losing to Germany. 

Our struggles came against lesser nations, and a big reason for that imo was not the formation, but our ridiculous inefficiency. Can't count how many times during qualifying we butchered clear cut chances (when we were playing 4 and 3atb). 

SC04
SC04
Fan
Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)

Some of you need to pull your heads in. He may have left for family or health reasons for all we know.

He has been great for the Socceroos and this is a big loss a few months out from the World Cup. I respect him for making what was obviously a difficult decision and wish him all the best.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search