Ange quits Socceroos [Comments]

Ange quits Socceroos [Comments]

Author
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Sad

My problem with this is he spent so much time and energy getting the team to play the high pressing game and now some other coach has 1 window in march and then 2 weeks in July learn a new strategy.
I hope whoever it is doesn't  change it too much 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

The Roos have now developed the 3 @ the back defence, will it be changed back to 4 @ the back? I wonder how the new coach will see this.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

bluebird - 22 Nov 2017 2:08 PM
MrBrisbane - 22 Nov 2017 1:33 PM

If you have a look at any league in the world from the u5s to the over 50s, somebody is always the best team, best payer or best coach

What puts meaning behind the stats is context and quality

The A League is an easy league. Particularly as it effectively has relegation from the top. What Arnie achieved last year has been done by Brisbane and arguably Melbourne. It doesn't make them worthwhile contenders for the top spot, particularly as both coaches already had a stint with a national team and both coaches were slammed for it

If it were me I'd overlook the A League when picking the next coach.

I agree with what you are saying for sure but I don't think FFA have enough "cash" to work with. 

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

SC04 - 22 Nov 2017 4:52 PM
After all he has done and achieved for Australian football he doesn’t owe you anything.

Of course he doesn't owe me anything individually, but the international job is different to any club job in the world. When you take on the responsibility of coaching a country, especially one such as ours with a fragile footballing landscape, you hold the weight of the clubs, players and league on your shoulders. He risked it all by playing a controversial formation and sticking to certain players, I thought this was for the greater good so that we would deliver a better performance at the WC. But by leaving at this time he has really screwed over whoever takes the job next, and risked us failing to qualify for the World Cup for nothing. It was also clear that the players had no idea, so he has also betrayed the trust of his players. He doesn't owe anything to me an individual, but as a member of the Australian football community he owed it to the country to not risk the fragile climate of our sport.
Edited
7 Years Ago by milan_7
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
milan_7 - 23 Nov 2017 12:34 AM
SC04 - 22 Nov 2017 4:52 PM

Of course he doesn't owe me anything individually, but the international job is different to any club job in the world. When you take on the responsibility of coaching a country, especially one such as ours with a fragile footballing landscape, you hold the weight of the clubs, players and league on your shoulders. He risked it all by playing a controversial formation and sticking to certain players, I thought this was for the greater good so that we would deliver a better performance at the WC. But by leaving at this time he has really screwed over whoever takes the job next, and risked us failing to qualify for the World Cup for nothing. It was also clear that the players had no idea, so he has also betrayed the trust of his players. He doesn't owe anything to me an individual, but as a member of the Australian football community he owed it to the country to not risk the fragile climate of our sport.

Agree with about the first four sentences.

Most of us reading this have no idea about the off field pressures of coaching the Socceroos though.

Ange is the first home grown Aussie to do this over an extended period with the game having  a much bigger profile and generating more media interest. Ange also talked about the stress on his family. He could possibly have health issues too. His doctor may have advised him to give up a stressful job.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Ange is a self-aggrandizing wanker and a coward. If he'd at least confirmed the rumours at the time and clearly explained his reasoning, he would have received the benefit of doubt and sympathy from the football community. Instead, he leaks he's leaving, makes the last couple of months all about himself while refusing to answer any questions on his future, and then leaves the socceroos in a lurch without giving any reasons other than some waffling nonsense about his sons. What an asshole. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by Derider
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search