Australia vs Denmark

Australia vs Denmark

Author
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
After watching the Peru V Denmark game, I’m liking our chances of a win here.

They got utterly destroyed by Peru and somehow managed to escape with a lucky win.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Kasper Schmeichel now unbeaten in the last 534 minutes of play for Denmark, apparently.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

socceroo_06 - 17 Jun 2018 3:58 AM
After watching the Peru V Denmark game, I’m liking our chances of a win here.They got utterly destroyed by Peru and somehow managed to escape with a lucky win.

I'm in two minds about this. My thoughts are that it's a worry if Peru (who had umpteen chances) couldn't score against Denmark.

However, maybe this match suggests they're very beatable. We just need to make the quality of our attacks high enough. I watched a BBC stream. In the post-match analysis, Rio Ferdinand said 'as an opposing team, there would be nothing in that Denmark team that would frighten me apart from Eriksen'.
Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star
Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)Rising Star (852 reputation)

johnszasz - 2 Dec 2017 3:05 AM
Star player: Eriksen. Definitely the Croatia, Serbia level opponent where a loss would likely seal elimination. Going to be a great one.

I am proud the almighty and invincible France was held 0-0 at Half time by a bunch of unemployed Dole bludgers on Centrelink that are fuelled by Victoria Bitter lol 

CARN YOU CENTRELINK SOCCEROOS !!!!!

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Denmark were exposed a lot but kept it out. Peru also had their gaps and issues. Looking forward to the two matches. 
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

It's going to be tough now.Denmark havent lost for a long time and all they need to do is play for a draw in the final two games.Same for France.
I would have preferred that Denmark lost so they had to attack.But if they play defensively,I can't see us scoring against them.
If we get a draw ,then in the last game France and Denmark can do nothing and collect a draw and advance.
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Denmark will give us plenty of opportunities if we move the ball quickly.

That was the key for Peru, they played 1-2 touch football and were aggressive. We can’t afford to be conservative.

Peru’s biggest problem was they hit everything at Schmeichel. Didn’t see him make one diving save.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Confident about our chances, they don't look fluid at all going forward and defensively required heroics from Schmeichel rather than good defensive work as a unit.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

William Kvist apparently out with broken ribs due to a challenge with Farfan.
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Whilst both Denmark and Peru will be tough opponents this could be the first World Cup ever (including 2006) that we are just as evenly matched to win against our opponents as they are against us. No reason why we couldn't take 6 points and wouldn't surprise me after our last 3 games including last nights.
Edited
6 Years Ago by n i k o
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Okay so how do we line up for this one?

Rogic keep his spot in the team? It'd be harsh to judge him based on that France performance because it really was tough going for our front third. But then again does Mooy, Jedinak and Rogic work vs the Danes? 

IMO we should line up like this:

--------------------------Ryan--------------------------
Risdon------Sainsbury-----Milligan-----Behich
----------------Jedinak-------Mooy------------------
Leckie----------------Rogic-------------------Nabbout
-------------------------Juric------------------------------

Or alternatively we go Luongo/Irvine for Rogic and Arzani for Nabbout.

I think one of Arzani and Rogic need to start, otherwise we have very little attacking impetus. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Proud2BeCanberran - 17 Jun 2018 12:10 PM
Okay so how do we line up for this one?

Rogic keep his spot in the team? It'd be harsh to judge him based on that France performance because it really was tough going for our front third. But then again does Mooy, Jedinak and Rogic work vs the Danes? 

I think one of Arzani and Rogic need to start, otherwise we have very little attacking impetus. 

Same side i reckon but an extra 10 minutes for arzani

Juric is an option since he is better against a set defence
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

grazorblade - 17 Jun 2018 12:19 PM

Same side i reckon but an extra 10 minutes for arzani

Juric is an option since he is better against a set defence

I'd go Irvine for Rogic and Juric to start.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class

Looking at the highlights, it seemed like Peru’s chances came from down the right.

We need Leckie to run rampant against them.
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 9:54 AM
Confident about our chances, they don't look fluid at all going forward and defensively required heroics from Schmeichel rather than good defensive work as a unit.

They never seem to concede though. They are exactly what BVM is trying to turn us into. Ultra pragmatic, counter attacking, tough to break down. Frankly, it's hard to see us scoring with the careful way we play these days. 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:31 PM

They never seem to concede though. They are exactly what BVM is trying to turn us into. Ultra pragmatic, counter attacking, tough to break down. Frankly, it's hard to see us scoring with the careful way we play these days

We've scored 7 goals in the last 3 games.
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I'd start Irvine + Luongo for Rogic and Jedinak. Give Sains the armband.

Hard to predict subs obviously cause they're more fluid and depend on the course of the match, but ideally Rogic + Arzani off the bench at some point.

City Sam
City Sam
World Class

They never seem to concede though. They are exactly what BVM is trying to turn us into. Ultra pragmatic, counter attacking, tough to break down. Frankly, it's hard to see us scoring with the careful way we play these days. 

We've looked the best we have going forward since like 2015
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 12:36 PM

Except that we hardly go forward at all now. 
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:38 PM

Except that we hardly go forward at all now. 

You mean except against one of the best teams in the world if not the best? That game against the Czech Republic was the best attacking football we have played in years and years.
Derider
Derider
Pro

Also, you're basing this on one friendly against a dreadful Czech team whose tactics played right into our hands. Otherwise, I haven't seen any of this exciting forward thrust you keep talking about. 
Derider
Derider
Pro

City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 12:40 PM
Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:38 PM

You mean except against one of the best teams in the world if not the best? That game against the Czech Republic was the best attacking football we have played in years and years.

We hardly went forward at all last night and we certainly didn't look dangerous at all, so I really don't know what you're talking about. 
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:41 PM

Also, you're basing this on one friendly against a dreadful Czech team whose tactics played right into our hands. Otherwise, I haven't seen any of this exciting forward thrust you keep talking about. 

And you are basing this off not playing incredibly stupid against the French? You know being tactically smart.
phreeky
phreeky
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

IMO that front third should come down entirely to how well they're linking up in training and understanding each others runs. Great runs mean jack if the pass doesn't come and vice versa.
Derider
Derider
Pro

City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 12:44 PM
Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:41 PM

And you are basing this off not playing incredibly stupid against the French? You know being tactically smart.

We never had a shot or posed any danger at all, and we lost. I have no idea why everyone's being so reverential towards the performance and the tactics. I get that some of you expected a 6-0 loss and are just happy we didn't thrashed, but that's a fucking loser attitude if I ever saw one. Personally, I'm no longer impressed with honourable losses, and particularly when we play such a scrappy,  dour style.  
Edited
6 Years Ago by Derider
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:52 PM
City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 12:44 PM

We never had a shot or posed any danger at all, and we lost. I have no idea why everyone's being so reverential towards the performance and the tactics. I get that some of you expected a 6-0 loss and are just happy we didn't thrashed, but that's a fucking loser attitude if I ever saw one. Personally, I'm no longer impressed with honourable losses, and particularly when we play such a scrappy,  dour style.  

It's because we stopped the best attacking team on the planet creating anything apart from a non penalty and a bullshit deflection. The fact you don't think we played well is incredibly baffling, especially considering Lloris was the one who had to actually make a world class save this game.
Derider
Derider
Pro

City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 1:05 PM
Derider - 17 Jun 2018 12:52 PM

It's because we stopped the best attacking team on the planet creating anything apart from a non penalty and a bullshit deflection. The fact you don't think we played well is incredibly baffling, especially considering Lloris was the one who had to actually make a world class save this game.

We didn't execute BvM's plan badly at all. I just really don't like how timid we are going forward. I mean, look at Iceland in a comparable game. Argentina may have dominated, but Iceland looked dangerous every time they went forward in numbers. We never looked dangerous. It would have been nice to make their defence worry at least a little bit. 
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

-----------------Ryan-----------------
-------Sainsbury---Milligan-------
Risdon-----------------------Behich
----------Jedinak---Mooy-----------
Leckie--------Irvine------Nabbout
-----------------Juric------------------

Arzani, Rogic, Maclaren on with 25 min to go.

Jurman, Meredith, Degenek, Luongo, Kruse on if anyone shows sign of getting gassed.
Edited
6 Years Ago by chondro
City Sam
City Sam
World Class

Derider - 17 Jun 2018 1:14 PM
City Sam - 17 Jun 2018 1:05 PM

We didn't execute BvM's plan badly at all. I just really don't like how timid we are going forward. I mean, look at Iceland in a comparable game. Argentina may have dominated, but Iceland looked dangerous every time they went forward in numbers. We never looked dangerous. It would have been nice to make their defence worry at least a little bit. 

Not to be incredibly pedantic but France are much solid defensively than Argentina. The latter has a struggling defence who commits everyone forward, there is more room on the break. While France didn't actually commit that much going forward, nor did they press that much and ruin their defensive structure which will make it harder for us to create as many chances. Which we still would have if Risdon didn't put every cross straight to the defender in front of him when we had men free on the edge of the box.

But i am pleased after that game because i left feeling like we genuinely didn't deserve to lose. It wasn't a smash and grab, we completely stifled the French team. The next 2 games will be more telling to your issue as i expect us to be much more aggressive, but as of right now we've had a very solid performance tactically and in executing it.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

So much riding on a win. If we beat Denmark we are Unofficial World Champions!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search