Nelly Yoa

Nelly Yoa

Author
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
johnszasz - 8 Jan 2018 5:10 PM
Yes I have a life but this stuff keeps coming in my feed.

Fox sports football having a field day. 

"A YouTube page, named TMZ Sports, also contains a host of videos, one of which claims to be Yoa’s goal for Chelsea in the club’s 6-0 thumping of Arsenal in 2014, actually scored by Cameroon star Samuel Eto’o." This is actually amazing.

:laugh:

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Nelly used to sing in Destiny's Child too. Very talented individual. I want to take a selfie with him.

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Hey. Must be the money. 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

soccerfoo - 8 Jan 2018 5:23 PM

Nelly used to sing in Destiny's Child too. Very talented individual. I want to take a selfie with him.

He started out as Nelly-n-Noa

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Mainstream media finally beginning to catch up to the swindle.

Also claims that his op ed in The Age that set him up for his run of media bits recently was plagiarized word for word.

The Age actually just added this to the top of Yoa's original article:

Several of the assertions made by Nelly Yoa in this article about his personal circumstances have been challenged, exaggerated or found not to be true. Sudanese leaders are not aware of anyone in the community Mr Yoa has mentored. He is not training with an AFL team and while he maintains he had official trials with Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers, there is no evidence of this. Additionally, some of his "ideas" for solutions to the issue of youth crime appear to have been plagiarised from an article written in 2015 by Manola De Vos on the website devex.com.The Age accepts that Mr Yoa's assertions and credentials should have been checked more thoroughly before publication and apologises for not doing so. The Age also apologises to Ms De Vos. Mr Yoa denies plagiarising Ms De Vos' article.

Edited
6 Years Ago by paladisious
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Would love a club to give him a trial just to get themselves some publicity. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

From his profile on an acting site:

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paladisious - 8 Jan 2018 7:20 PM
From his profile on an acting site:

I'm sure I saw him in Thunderbirds

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Jesus Christ. A small 2 minute wiki search would have raised red flags. 

alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

"-Missed out on Selection for the Socceroos" 

I must add it to my resume, why didnt I think of that

Edited
6 Years Ago by alvn1
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

paladisious - 7 Jan 2018 7:38 PM
lolololol He's not backing down:

Oh Nelly.

Ask your "legal team" what legal proceedings entail. Ask them if it's a good idea to publicly and abusively threaten people with legal proceedings.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

alvn1 - 8 Jan 2018 9:04 PM
"-Missed out on Selection for the Socceroos" 

I must add it to my resume, why didnt I think of that

You can always say you're 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year.
newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

This guy's an all rounder.
So he's - played in the English Premiere League for QPR and Chelsea
- narrowly missed our on Socceroos selection
- had lucrative offers from Victory and City
- Indonesian Super Ligga player of the year
- has a 100m sprint time, only 1 second behind the worlds fastest ever time
- hooked up meetings between the Apex boys and his buddy Usain Bolt
- community work , visiting and mentoring the Apex boys in jail
- played College Basketball in the NCAA  (not sure if he narrowly missed out on an NBA draft pick or not?)
- scored against Arsenal while playing for Chelsea
- training with Collingwood in the AFL
- written solutions to deal with youth crime

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

bohemia - 8 Jan 2018 9:44 PM
paladisious - 7 Jan 2018 7:38 PM

Oh Nelly.

Ask your "legal team" what legal proceedings entail. Ask them if it's a good idea to publicly and abusively threaten people with legal proceedings.

It's a bold strategy Cotton. 

Surely he researched fraud prior to making such threats. I mean,he can't be THAT stupid. 

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

maxxie - 8 Jan 2018 9:33 AM
Draupnir - 7 Jan 2018 10:39 PM

Yeah, seems like he has some genuine problems. Although he could just be a really dumb narcissist.

I've met him and I'd lean to the latter possibility.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

American Express threatening legal action if he continues to call himself an 'ambassador'
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

South Sudanese community leaders dismiss Nelly Yoa leadership claims

Updated 

A South Sudanese-Australian man who's been accused of lying about his role as a youth mentor has blamed the growing scandal on a "tribal conflict", even as senior members of the community continue to pour scorn on his claims.

Nelly Yoa said he had been mentoring young Sudanese gang members in and out of prison, in addition to trying out for Premier League football clubs and training with an AFL team.

It was with these credentials that he used a New Year's Day opinion piece for The Age to claim that South Sudanese teens were causing "great harm and fear" in Melbourne.

In the piece he took aim at South Sudanese community leaders, the Victorian Government and the police for not doing enough.

He was subsequently interviewed by a range of media outlets, including the ABC.

The row over African crime in Melbourne intensified when Greg Hunt, a senior federal cabinet minister from Victoria, said violence was "out of control" in some areas, and tougher sentencing laws were needed.

That sparked similar reactions from other senior Liberals, including Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton, who said some Victorians were afraid to go out to dinner at night because they might be attacked.

Victoria Police conceded there was a problem within the commuity following a series of high-profile crimes blamed on African-Australian men, including the trashing of an Airbnb property at Werribee.

But Mr Yoa's credibility began to unravel this week after concerns were raised that he was overstating his influence.

"Nelly is not in the community," said Richard Deng, a senior South Sudanese leader in Melbourne.

"We have tried several times contacting him. We have tried many times to get him to come and talk to the community leaders.

"He has actually refused to talk to us."

The saga has become an unwelcome distraction for Melbourne's South Sudanese community as it grapples with allegations of gang violence.

"We should be talking about the challenges we're facing," Mr Deng said.

"We have, as a community, greater issues that we are dealing with."

In response to the criticisms, Mr Yoa said he had never been contacted by either Mr Deng, or Kot Manoah, the chairman of the South Sudanese Community Association in Victoria.

"I've never said I was a community leader, I've always [described] myself as a community member," he said.

'Conflict' within Melbourne's Sudanese community: Yoa

Mr Yoa said he was the victim of a personal vendetta and said members of the South Sudanese community based in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs could vouch for him.

The ABC contacted one leader Mr Yoa suggested, but is yet to receive a response.

Mr Yoa also claimed the current dispute had roots in an old tribal conflict.

"The Sudanese community that is based in the western suburb[s], they come from a tribe called Dinka," he said.

"The other South Sudanese community that is based in the south eastern suburbs, where I'm based, they come from the Nuer tribe.

"There's a conflict going on between the two tribes and this dates back to the current situation in Sudan."

Mr Deng encouraged Mr Yoa to seek out Sudanese community organisations.

"We want him to contact community leaders. Let him come talk to us so that we can really help him. If you want to help people, we know where we can direct him," he said

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Thought this joke was funny given the mention of nelly’s Good mate usain.

Usain Bolt goes to join a golf club. When he reaches the front desk, the secretary behind the desk gives him an apologetic smile and tells him, "sorry, but our membership books are closed at the moment and, with the exception of certain VIP applications, we're not open to new chums. There is however another very good club club ten minutes down the road."
Furious, he replies, "Do you know who I am? I'm the famous Usain Bolt!"
"Oh my," she says. "I'm sorry. In that case, it's about three minutes down the road."
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

the Mercedes ad in his profile is also fake, looks like he made it himself. This whole story is gold.

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

AJF - 10 Jan 2018 12:26 PM
the Mercedes ad in his profile is also fake, looks like he made it himself. This whole story is gold.

Old mate has outdated tactics. Everyone knows when you're bullshitting on the internet you don't use your real name and face.

Trying to pull an analogue scam in a digital world.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

STRIKER FOR THE SOCCEROOS!
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Missed out on selection for the Socceroos?

newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

pv4 - 10 Jan 2018 4:28 PM

Really sucks I couldn't secure a deal but that's football I guess.Thanks 4 the memories

I think he narrowly missed out on Newcastle United of England as well, if it weren't for the Visa Issues on Deadline Day

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Didn't he equal Kim Jong Il's 38 under par round of golf recently?
alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

just like at least 99.99999 percent of people who have ever kicked a ball in australia

still quite an acheivement though
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

saweston - 10 Jan 2018 5:43 PM
Didn't he equal Kim Jong Il's 38 under par round of golf recently?

Nelly shot a round of 19 on his very first trip to a golf course.

Apparently he asked the golf pro what he was supposed to do and the pro said "hit the ball as close to the hole as you can" - so on the first tee he hit a beauty right down the middle, it bounced onto the green and rolled up an inch from the hole.  The pro went crazy and said "one more inch and that would have been perfect", to which Nelly replied, "You said as CLOSE to the hole, not IN the hole..."
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

newton_circus - 10 Jan 2018 4:37 PM

Really sucks I couldn't secure a deal but that's football I guess.Thanks 4 the memories

I think he narrowly missed out on Newcastle United of England as well, if it weren't for the Visa Issues on Deadline Day

Apparently the fax machine was down
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

CAP HIM FOR THE LOLS
pv4
pv4
Legend

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/jan/11/david-squires-on-african-gang-and-footballer-nelly-yoa
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

I missed out on selection for the socceroos too

Missed by a fucking lot
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search