ACL: Melbourne v Kawasaki

ACL: Melbourne v Kawasaki

Author
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Best team effort I have seen this year by an A League team in either competition.
High quality stuff.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

BackFour
BackFour
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Decentric - 14 Mar 2018 8:09 AM
Wow, what a game last night!

It was one of the best games I've ever seen an Aussie club team play in. Credit to Victory for winning such a high quality game against such tough, high quality opposition as Kawasaki Frontale.

Every MV player on the pitch played well apart from Berisha. ATM he is hopelessly out of form and Muscat needs to drop him in the HAL. Berisha has totally lost his spatial awareness in terms of timing runs which are not offside. This has adversely effected his confidence.

I didn't really look at Nigro closely either.

I'm not sure Valeri was missed? Brox did a sterling job in midfield. Tasmanian tyro, Josh Hope, was a decent replacement when Brox went to LB.

Antonis is also really starting to hit his straps and play a Milligan type role for Victory. He needs to stay at Victory for a few seasons to play regular football and to hopefully undertake another ACL campaign next year.

Muscat made a comment about watching a lot of J league games and found a very common style. Namely, when winning back possession teams then step up slowly, because there is little pressure by the opposition. So he ensured that MV were aggresssive in  winning back possession and thereby pressuring the Japanese players in a way they arent used to. This exposes at least some of the excellent background work done by MV in preparing for the game.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

All japanese teams are great at possession  and high energy  pressing . But like their  national team  their lack of towards kills them. Most of their golden boot winners are brasillians. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 14 Mar 2018 6:02 PM
All japanese teams are great at possession  and high energy  pressing . But like their  national team  their lack of towards kills them. Most of their golden boot winners are brasillians. 

Agree with this comment, but thought they'd become a little more clinical in finishing in the last few years.

J League teams are good to watch.

They also appear to have less imports than CSL teams, who are reliant on them.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
BackFour - 14 Mar 2018 3:54 PM
Decentric - 14 Mar 2018 8:09 AM

Muscat made a comment about watching a lot of J league games and found a very common style. Namely, when winning back possession teams then step up slowly, because there is little pressure by the opposition. So he ensured that MV were aggresssive in  winning back possession and thereby pressuring the Japanese players in a way they arent used to. This exposes at least some of the excellent background work done by MV in preparing for the game.

Interesting comment about Muscat's perception of the J League Defensive Transitions. 

Not long after they settle into Ball Possession Opposition, Japanese teams often squeeze intensively - with greater pressure than any HAL team.

Next time I watch a J League team, I'll keep an eye out for Muscat's identified pattern of play from them.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search