czech republic vs australia

czech republic vs australia

Author
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jas88 - 28 May 2018 11:17 AM
b0ydman - 14 May 2018 9:44 PM

An assist against Chile, a goal against Syria away, an assist in the home leg.. assist at home against Honduras.. thats his last year with the socceroos and your whinging?. 7 goals and 6 assists this season at club level.. we have never taken him to a world cup before either... 

how on eart is there such a gap between his performance and perceptions of his performance

He has been one of our best
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Not too much time for stuffing around. We had an 11 vs 11 at training to test a bit. For this I'd start with

Ryan 
    Karacic Sainsbury Jurman Behich 
                      Luongo Irvine 
                               Mooy        
   Leckie            Maclaren      Petratos 

Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I’m travelling Europe slowly making my way towards Russia and I only have an iPhone handy.

Where/how can I watch this game on my phone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
schimch
schimch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Go to reddit/soccerstreams, find the game then look for a post that says mobile:yes
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz - 29 May 2018 6:03 AM
Not too much time for stuffing around. We had an 11 vs 11 at training to test a bit. For this I'd start with

Ryan 
    Karacic Sainsbury Jurman Behich 
                      Luongo Irvine 
                               Mooy        
   Leckie            Maclaren      Petratos 

yeah i agree. we should be taking out our first 11 and getting them sharp.  i do think we will have a very different 11 for france though. i expect a defensive 3 like milligan, jedi and luongo.

also would love to see mooy in the #10.  i think he is wasted as an 8.  he has goals in him.  he should be played up the pitch.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

So who's going? 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

They're never right but thunderstorms forecast over St Pölten before, during and after the match. Why do I have the feeling play will be halted until it lets off? 
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

johnszasz - 31 May 2018 3:42 AM
So who's going? 

Me and the Mrs are arriving in Vienna at around 9am ish then heading straight to SP
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
Glh37
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/day-11-wrap-inside-caltex-socceroos-pre-game-flight

Don’t forget to tune into Bert van Marwijk’s pre-Czech Republic press conference which will be streamed LIVE on
Caltex Socceroos Facebook from 8.30pm AEST Thursday.
Frankfrank
Frankfrank
Amateur
Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)

Not to mention kruse has about 20 assist in those 62 games, how do people not see the good he does when he starts. Him and leckie are the most important players for mine. When there on we play good.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Frankfrank - 31 May 2018 2:07 PM
Not to mention kruse has about 20 assist in those 62 games, how do people not see the good he does when he starts. Him and leckie are the most important players for mine. When there on we play good.

its the running into dead-ends and opposition defenders that blind us to
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 31 May 2018 6:45 PM

its the running into dead-ends and opposition defenders that blind us to

He is our most intelligent forward, his runs create space for our players and push the opposition line deeper. The best example of this was Syria away, he was constantly getting in behind their defence and causing them problems and they couldn't press us because of it. The moment he got subbed off we were pressed to death and couldn't get out of our half.

His final ball has been woeful recently, but a full year in Germany and he seems to be finding his end product.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Excited and nervous about this one. If it goes bad the media will be really annoying about it. If we win it'll be seen as a good step forward.

I watched some post game interviews namely Iraq and Japan away. Langerak said we failed to adapt and protect the lead - true. Kruse said in Japan we didn't move the ball fast enough. Had we done that the game would have been much easier.

Noticeable that massive chance where Juric started falling before being able to shoot resulted from a quick free by Irvine to an alert Kruse. Watching live I thought it was going to be a goal. 

These two issues of failing to adapt and ball movement will hopefully be improved by BVM. I was impressed how we positioned and moved against Colombia. Live at the ground I could see we had a plan.
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

I hope tomorrow we start off with something resembling what we will line up with during the WC. Need to get combinations working in the short time we have. Happy to see Jedinak start off though as he only really just joined camp. I reckon we will see this:

---------------------Ryan--------------------

Karacic---Milligan---Sainsbury---Behich

--------------Irvine-------Luongo-------------

Leckie------------Mooy----------------Kruse

--------------------Nabbout-----------------
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

https://www.facebook.com/Socceroos/videos/10156523940502028/?notif_id=1527761802720683&notif_t=live_video_explicit

Bert and Sains press conference.

highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

talking big about organisation, seriousness @ training, training with quality. 
I like it. Move over GA
DISCIPLINE on and off the pitch. ... Guys awesome

Edited
6 Years Ago by highkick05
footbawler
footbawler
Hacker
Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)Hacker (455 reputation)

Proud2BeCanberran - 31 May 2018 8:09 PM
I hope tomorrow we start off with something resembling what we will line up with during the WC. Need to get combinations working in the short time we have. Happy to see Jedinak start off though as he only really just joined camp. I reckon we will see this:---------------------Ryan--------------------Karacic---Milligan---Sainsbury---Behich--------------Irvine-------Luongo-------------Leckie------------Mooy----------------Kruse--------------------Nabbout-----------------

Precicely the team I'd go for. Just hope Juric is fit for the cup though
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

grazorblade - 28 May 2018 11:24 AM
jas88 - 28 May 2018 11:17 AM

how on eart is there such a gap between his performance and perceptions of his performance

He has been one of our best

Especially considering he's hit form again at a decent club level. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Couldn't agree. Can never understand the heat he gets. He seems to be able to make things happen in the forward 3rd better than any player. Let's not forget his assist for Timmy against Syria. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

BVM secretive at the press conference. Good news is Juric seems to be getting better. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

I would like to see this, 
------------------------- Ryan -----------------------
Karacic - Sainsbury - Jurman - Behich
---------------- Luongo - Jedinak --------------
------------------------ Mooy ------------------------
Leckie ------------------------------------ Arzani
---------------------- Maclaren -------------------

I highly doubt I'll see it though. 
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

robstazzz - 1 Jun 2018 1:58 AM
I would like to see this, 
Karacic - Sainsbury - Jurman - Behich
---------------- Luongo - Jedinak --------------
------------------------ Mooy ------------------------
Leckie ------------------------------------ Arzani
---------------------- Maclaren -------------------

I highly doubt I'll see it though. 

nup nup nup
Karacic -- Sainsbury --Jedinak--- Behich----
--------------Milligan---------Irvine---------------
-----------------------Rogic--------------------------
----Leckie-------------------------------Kruse-----
----------------------Juridge-------------------------

highkick05
highkick05
Legend

wouldnt mind seeing this up front
Karacic -- Sainsbury --Jedinak--- Behich----
--------------Milligan---------Irvine---------------
-----------------------Rogic--------------------------
---Arzani-------------------------------Nabbout--
----------------------Juridge------------------------- 

chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

-------------------------Ryan-------------------------
--------------Sainsbury----Milligan---------------
Karacic---------------Irvine----------------Behich
-------------Mooy----------------Luongo-----------
--Leckie--------------Arzani---------------Kruse--
Edited
6 Years Ago by chondro
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

George_Worst - 31 May 2018 9:04 PM

Couldn't agree. Can never understand the heat he gets. He seems to be able to make things happen in the forward 3rd better than any player. Let's not forget his assist for Timmy against Syria. 

We rely a lot on the pace and width he gives the team. When we fall down in the centre all the shit gets dropped on him for his "bad crosses". It's rubbish. He's consistently one of our better players and we're a better team when he's playing, end of. If we didn't have him getting behind defenders we'd be even more of a basketcase.

Think it's just a case when we're not playing well that the worst players get criticised for being the worst, the middle performed players get a free fk ride, and the better players are criticised for not being better enough.
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

It'll be interesting to see how Kruse is after finally playing for a season. He used to be quite creative and pretty decent with his crossing before his 4 years of injuries

Hopefully we see some of that return

There haven't been comments about Kruse in the leadup so who knows if he is still first choice
Frankfrank
Frankfrank
Amateur
Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)

Spot on Bohemia mooy and rogic have been so poor for Australia but never seem to get criticised yet kruse who’s been way better for national team then what those two have get bashed.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Frankfrank - 1 Jun 2018 7:35 AM
Spot on Bohemia mooy and rogic have been so poor for Australia but never seem to get criticised yet kruse who’s been way better for national team then what those two have get bashed.

Oh look you just contradicted his point.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Very excited for tomorrow.

Viennese Vuck

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

lots of mentions about comparing us to atletico... less technical but more of a team.. very organised.

they play a 442 so id love to see Bert try something like..

Karacic--Sains-Milligan--Behich
Leckie---Mooy--Luongo--Kruse
---------Cahill/Juric--JMac--------

Want to see the two banks of 4 in a 20m x 20m box at all times, very tight and organised press forcing the play down the wing to dead ends...

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search