BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dman2018 - 20 Apr 2021 5:50 PM
I tell ya.. this business of wearing a mask in airports when not at a table pretending to be eating or drinking is a massive wank...  Mt Isa airport has more people without masks than with due to layout...
Massive massive massive wank...
And I bet there is more alleged ‘aeroslic’ matter being ejected from people chatting at tables than a bloke sitting alone posting on a Dogs site...
And guess what, it’s mainly the ‘high risk groups’ over a certain age without masks... The ones we are all told we have to protect...
In Sydney airport on Friday morn more than 75% without masks in the terminal, Bris on Sat morn prob 50% without....
Wank, wank, wank...

Man you get around more than a slut......😉
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

I'm.happy with the changes to the bench but not so much the starting lineup.

Flano had to at least be dropped to the bench and either Lewis or Wakeham had to come in. Dietz will provide spark from dummy half once he comes on but we've lost Topine. 

I just hope the bench guys get to play when the game is in out favour or within reach. It's unfair for them to come in with the team down by more than say 12 points and they are forced to push the issue. They are likely to make mistakes and it would be unfair to them.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 20 Apr 2021 10:56 PM
dman2018 - 20 Apr 2021 5:50 PM

Man you get around more than a slut......😉

Bris airport now recommended passengers change their mask every two hours...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dman2018 - 21 Apr 2021 6:05 AM

Look out for my recycled mask stall, opening soon. #Capitalism 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 20 Apr 2021 11:01 PM
I'm.happy with the changes to the bench but not so much the starting lineup.

Flano had to at least be dropped to the bench and either Lewis or Wakeham had to come in. Dietz will provide spark from dummy half once he comes on but we've lost Topine. 

I just hope the bench guys get to play when the game is in out favour or within reach. It's unfair for them to come in with the team down by more than say 12 points and they are forced to push the issue. They are likely to make mistakes and it would be unfair to them.

Flano might have picked up a minor injury against the Cows, Lewis is on an extended bench.
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

So 3 challenged the judiciary last night...the penalties against the Souths and Penrith players were upheld whilst the fekking Rorters player is free to play again. Why didn't we challenge Hetherington's ruling...surely it could have been downgraded to grade 2......even using DWZ round 2 as  a comparison.
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 21 Apr 2021 6:05 AM

Are they worried people might catch covid from themselves? 
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 6:36 AM
Marki - 20 Apr 2021 11:01 PM

Flano might have picked up a minor injury against the Cows, Lewis is on an extended bench.

Minor injury sounds good. 
He gets to be dropped with an injury excuse to not dent his confidence by it coming out in the media.

He can then watch Lewis perform, pick up some pointers and implement them himself on his return. 

Win-win
Marki
Marki
World Class

Steveswr33333 - 21 Apr 2021 8:34 AM
So 3 challenged the judiciary last night...the penalties against the Souths and Penrith players were upheld whilst the fekking Rorters player is free to play again. Why didn't we challenge Hetherington's ruling...surely it could have been downgraded to grade 2......even using DWZ round 2 as  a comparison.

It's like challenging the sentence of a serial killer on the basis that the murderer in the other jail cell only got 1 life sentence compared the multiple sentences our guy copped.

Hethro is a serial high shot tackler and they want to run these guys out of the game. Dont expect any leniency
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 10:48 AM
Steveswr33333 - 21 Apr 2021 8:34 AM

It's like challenging the sentence of a serial killer on the basis that the murderer in the other jail cell only got 1 life sentence compared the multiple sentences our guy copped.

Hethro is a serial high shot tackler and they want to run these guys out of the game. Dont expect any leniency

I like Hethro's agression and hit ups, but his tackling style needs to change. 

Ultimately, I don't think you can carry guys like that in your team if you're a title contender. 

Once we become top 8 team, guys like him need to go
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 10:50 AM
Marki - 21 Apr 2021 10:48 AM

I like Hethro's agression and hit ups, but his tackling style needs to change. 

Ultimately, I don't think you can carry guys like that in your team if you're a title contender. 

Once we become top 8 team, guys like him need to go

Problem is Doc, they don’t train to tackle around the legs anymore mate
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The good thing about being an NRL fans is you never need to wait long for some scandal involving sex/booze/cars..

And there is some chance the player doesn't play for you club....

Bloody Des... whoever the player is we know Des is to blame.
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 11:55 AM
The good thing about being an NRL fans is you never need to wait long for some scandal involving sex/booze/cars..

And there is some chance the player doesn't play for you club....

Bloody Des... whoever the player is we know Des is to blame.

"High profile player at a powerhouse club"
That rules us out on both counts!
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 21 Apr 2021 11:34 AM
Marki - 21 Apr 2021 10:50 AM

Problem is Doc, they don’t train to tackle around the legs anymore mate

His style doesn't need to change much, he just needs to tone down the aggression, aim a bit lower and work on technique.

I have seen him compared to Morley and when Morley played for the Roosters I expected him to hit at least 2 of our players with high shots each game. Morley was careless and the standards have changed.

In both cases being a tall guy who plays with energy and is less coordinated is a factor.
If he adapts his style, he will miss fewer tackles.

However, overall I want a prop with aggression in the side, and the occasional suspension goes with the territory.
Being sent off in the NRL is unusual, it and the penalty are an over reaction as Val wasn't hurt and it wasn't intentional.

He can use this break to fo more work on his tackling style.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 12:02 PM
hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 11:55 AM

"High profile player at a powerhouse club"
That rules us out on both counts!

You are right....
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 12:02 PM
Villi - 21 Apr 2021 11:34 AM

His style doesn't need to change much, he just needs to tone down the aggression, aim a bit lower and work on technique.

I have seen him compared to Morley and when Morley played for the Roosters I expected him to hit at least 2 of our players with high shots each game. Morley was careless and the standards have changed.

In both cases being a tall guy who plays with energy and is less coordinated is a factor.
If he adapts his style, he will miss fewer tackles.

However, overall I want a prop with aggression in the side, and the occasional suspension goes with the territory.
Being sent off in the NRL is unusual, it and the penalty are an over reaction as Val wasn't hurt and it wasn't intentional.

He can use this break to fo more work on his tackling style.

I agree, send off was overkill as it didnt look malicious and Val wasnt hurt.
Sin bin would have sufficed. 

But yes he needs to aim lower.

Unfortunately, the removal of the shoulder use has meant that players now need to use their biceps and forearms to put on a big hit. The minute they get the height wrong, it could result in a spectacular coat hanger.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Just caught a replay of NRL360 who mentioned Townsend almost guaranteed to go to Cowboys after Reynolds knocked them back and Sharks now tablingba deal to Reynolds.

The smart play from our club is to talk to Flanagan, Sharks and Reynolds about early release so we can then go for Reynolds.

I feel Reynolds is what we need right at this time.
Sharks can be confident Flanagan can play in their team with the players around him.

This is the sort of negotiations we should be having 
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 1:12 PM
Just caught a replay of NRL360 who mentioned Townsend almost guaranteed to go to Cowboys after Reynolds knocked them back and Sharks now tablingba deal to Reynolds.

The smart play from our club is to talk to Flanagan, Sharks and Reynolds about early release so we can then go for Reynolds.

I feel Reynolds is what we need right at this time.
Sharks can be confident Flanagan can play in their team with the players around him.

This is the sort of negotiations we should be having 

It’s a f***in’ knee jerk reaction, you got to have a bit more confidence in the decisions you make for more than half a dozen games. You’d never attract or sign anyone you know, nobody would deal with you for just that reason.

sign Reynolds and he doesn’t fit like you expect and you’d be having the same “negotiations” this time next year.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 12:09 PM
hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 12:02 PM

Unfortunately, the removal of the shoulder use has meant that players now need to use their biceps and forearms to put on a big hit. The minute they get the height wrong, it could result in a spectacular coat hanger.

Rubbish... plenty of blokes put on big hits with their shoulder... There were a couple of crackers last weekend including the one from your roosters mate Radley...
Even with a wing hanging out the intent is to hit with shoulder or chest, not bicep or forearm,.. Great way to injure a pec...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 21 Apr 2021 2:18 PM

It’s a f***in’ knee jerk reaction, you got to have a bit more confidence in the decisions you make for more than half a dozen games. You’d never attract or sign anyone you know, nobody would deal with you for just that reason.

sign Reynolds and he doesn’t fit like you expect and you’d be having the same “negotiations” this time next year.

I will say Flanagan and the team in general has shown patches of good footy this year.

v the Kinghts  -attack good in patches.
V Souths - good intensity and defence (so far not repeated)
V Storm - attack good in patches.
V Cows- looked good in attack with 12 men.

Against the Cows, Flanagan was woeful in the first half and didn't start the 2nd half well.
He was much better when the team played better with 12 on 13.

So what is happening?
I think nerves and a lack of confidence were a big issue against the Cows, when we got down to 12 players and sniffed a chance, the team relaxed and just played.

The momentum shift came on the back of a great kick and one-on-one steal from Averillo.

Dropping Odgen is the right move, we need to improve our defence up the middle, and we need to improve our kicking game.

If Flanagan stays in the side I would still consider replacing Hoppa with Lewis.

It can't be all negatives this week, the coach has to point out the good and the bad.
We are not that far off completing, we showed that in the patches where we do compete.

I'll leave it to Baz to make the call on Flanagan short term and long term, it might not be the same call.
Short term I can see a case for dropping him, long term I can see a chance that he may turn into a good player.
He needs to put in the work on his kicking game, also review games and look at his kick selection.
A lot of the problem is trying the wrong type of kick, at the opponents end there is a lot to be said for bombs and grubbers, chip kicks not so much.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

I think it's pretty clear that a guy like Reynolds who has played SOO, played and won a GF, has full control of his team for the last 8 or 9 years and captains them will do just fine in our team.

If there was 1 player in the NRL you would think would blend in seamlessly into our team it will be him. 

He would suit us more than Kimmorely did in 09
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 5:15 PM

I think it's pretty clear that a guy like Reynolds who has played SOO, played and won a GF, has full control of his team for the last 8 or 9 years and captains them will do just fine in our team.

If there was 1 player in the NRL you would think would blend in seamlessly into our team it will be him. 

He would suit us more than Kimmorely did in 09

And last about as long...

We dtill need young halves who can be groomed to take over.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Now the soccer superleage fiasco is over we can talk penalties. A 40 competition points penalty for the EPL clubs is fair.

Leicester, West Ham and Everton are fighting for the title.

Villa and Leeds are in the mix for the other champions league spot.

It will be great to have teams worth watching in the Champions League.

Now I just need to see if supervisor Villi approves my proposal.

The bonus is that Arsenal and Tottenham are right in the mix for relegation.

Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 3:50 PM

I will say Flanagan and the team in general has shown patches of good footy this year.

v the Kinghts  -attack good in patches.
V Souths - good intensity and defence (so far not repeated)
V Storm - attack good in patches.
V Cows- looked good in attack with 12 men.

Against the Cows, Flanagan was woeful in the first half and didn't start the 2nd half well.
He was much better when the team played better with 12 on 13.

So what is happening?
I think nerves and a lack of confidence were a big issue against the Cows, when we got down to 12 players and sniffed a chance, the team relaxed and just played.

The momentum shift came on the back of a great kick and one-on-one steal from Averillo.

Dropping Odgen is the right move, we need to improve our defence up the middle, and we need to improve our kicking game.

If Flanagan stays in the side I would still consider replacing Hoppa with Lewis.

It can't be all negatives this week, the coach has to point out the good and the bad.
We are not that far off completing, we showed that in the patches where we do compete.

I'll leave it to Baz to make the call on Flanagan short term and long term, it might not be the same call.
Short term I can see a case for dropping him, long term I can see a chance that he may turn into a good player.
He needs to put in the work on his kicking game, also review games and look at his kick selection.
A lot of the problem is trying the wrong type of kick, at the opponents end there is a lot to be said for bombs and grubbers, chip kicks not so much.

I think the cows slackened off. Well in front, opposition a man down 
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 5:38 PM
Now the soccer superleage fiasco is over we can talk penalties. A 40 competition points penalty for the EPL clubs is fair.

Leicester, West Ham and Everton are fighting for the title.

Villa and Leeds are in the mix for the other champions league spot.

It will be great to have teams worth watching in the Champions League.

Now I just need to see if supervisor Villi approves my proposal.

The bonus is that Arsenal and Tottenham are right in the mix for relegation.

I was hoping you'd say all of premier league and top 10 of EFL would be banned and the next few teams from EFL can play champions league.....
Give QPR a chance....
Marki
Marki
World Class

I viewed this Eels player sex act video tonight on a friend's phone and I must say, it's a bloody storm in a teacup....not even newsworthy and the media should be ashamed of themselves for making it into something......

You cant tell the player, the woman or the location.

Waste of time 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 21 Apr 2021 7:59 PM
I viewed this Eels player sex act video tonight on a friend's phone and I must say, it's a bloody storm in a teacup....not even newsworthy and the media should be ashamed of themselves for making it into something......

Waste of time 

Oh and it's far from a high profile player....
In fact I reckon even Eels fans would be hard pressed recognizing who it might be....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Waste of time 

Yep sex with a Parra player is a waste of time.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Waste of time 

It was the butler, in the bathroom, with a....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 21 Apr 2021 8:06 PM

Yep sex with a Parra player is a waste of time.

I’m willing to bet on who came last...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search