Sydney bid teams shake up A-League expansion battle by joining forces

Sydney bid teams shake up A-League expansion battle by joining forces

Author
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If this really happens, should they make it into the A-league, so long WSW. its been fun
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 6 Aug 2018 6:11 PM
If this really happens, should they make it into the A-league, so long WSW. its been fun

With a brand new spanking stadium in the heart of the region.
I'm sure the Wanderers will be just fine tbh.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

This bid should only be really playing out of Campbelltown - so there isn’t a moving stadium issue.

Southern might actually have more general support if it shed Wollongong as an area... This one has to get up over them.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

aussie pride - 6 Aug 2018 6:18 PM

With a brand new spanking stadium in the heart of the region.
I'm sure the Wanderers will be just fine tbh.

upgraded though. i wonder what the new concept would look like. and i agree, WSW will be fine. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Sad to see you leave Robbie but that’s football :)
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Burztur - 6 Aug 2018 7:44 PM
Sad to see you leave Robbie but that’s football :)

its the way it is in this country. very very unfortunate :'(
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Great idea. I have hoped for this since the bids were announced. Campbelltown stadium is about 40-50 minutes from parramatta stadium (which is the same as parra to sfs) so there will be plenty of breathing room for the three clubs to really do well. Personally I think Liverpool/Fairfield for a stadium is too close and really wont allow them to distinguish themselves enough.

I do know heaps of people from Campbelltown who dont support WSW because its too far for them

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

jaymz - 6 Aug 2018 7:48 PM
Great idea. I have hoped for this since the bids were announced. Campbelltown stadium is about 40-50 minutes from parramatta stadium (which is the same as parra to sfs) so there will be plenty of breathing room for the three clubs to really do well. Personally I think Liverpool/Fairfield for a stadium is too close and really wont allow them to distinguish themselves enough.

I do know heaps of people from Campbelltown who dont support WSW because its too far for them

the fact that theres people leaving clubs to go to another is unfortunate, because of the small amount of clubs in this country, we dont have a say on what club we want to choose.

it just sucks
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 6 Aug 2018 9:13 PM

the fact that theres people leaving clubs to go to another is unfortunate, because of the small amount of clubs in this country, we dont have a say on what club we want to choose.

it just sucks

What passion. 

Spud.

shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

i think it’s obvious we are gunna see atleast one club from melb,brissy and syd, most likely two. Although I do hope for atleast Canberra or Wollongong to slip in. I feel one big city and one smaller club would be the way to go for the first round of expansion. Having said all that I do like this bid/area/club a lot more now that they have merged. They seem to tick a lot of boxes also and having the resources of two combined teams definitely improves the quality of what they will produce in the form of the club and its brand.

If it is Sydney that is picked for expansion I hope it’s this.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 6 Aug 2018 9:13 PM

it just sucks

Ever thought of just supporting your nearest real club, everyone's got one.  Fuck Frank.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Have to say - if there's a team coming up representing my area of birth it's gonna be hard to keep supporting CCM.  I still follow the Rams closely.

It's a weird dynamic - normally you'd be all for "support your dam team" but the reality would be if Campbelltown had been included in the original formation would I have still supported the Mariners?  Difficult to say.
toffeeAU
toffeeAU
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Surely a shoe-in now, sensible decision. Hopefully the stadium upgrade is half-decent. Long-term Campbelltown is also where a North-South metro line is proposed to run along the lines of Narellan, Oran Park, Airport and up to St Mary's to interchange with the Western line. Will definitely become a hub in the future.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search