Unrepentant Roy O'Donovan hits back at ban [Comments]

Unrepentant Roy O'Donovan hits back at ban [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Berisha and Muscats fault, I thought so.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 6 Aug 2018 4:37 PM
Berisha and Muscats fault, I thought so.

Isn't everything their fault?
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

“It is very hard to come to grips with the way that I have been portrayed."

This isn't your first time doing something like this though, hard to play the sweet and innocent. 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

aok - 6 Aug 2018 5:05 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 6 Aug 2018 4:37 PM

Isn't everything their fault?

Usually it's one or the other

Thuggery or Cheating

First time I've seen both at once

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

If you negligently kill someone rather than deliberately kill them, you still go to jail.

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

How about if you attack someone's boot with your face?
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

aok - 6 Aug 2018 6:17 PM

Compensation would probably be limited to the damage done to the boots

The Camel
The Camel
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)

aok - 6 Aug 2018 6:17 PM

Smeltz did it twice and didn't miss a match. The first nearly killed Neil Young, the second removed most of Birrighittis teeth. Thomas had a scratch
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Peresic scored the equaliser in the WC semi final in very similar circumstances. He had a reckless high foot as well (remember that the charge against Roy was serious foul play - it was not violent conduct).  The charge was this because if he had arrived half a second before he would have got the ball not Thomas's head. The ball was in play and he was going for it. The fact that Thomas arrived that half a second earlier and his momentum took his head to where the ball had been doesn't mean the ball was not in play. Yes - it was serious foul play and he was reckless and not thinking about the potential harm he could do to a fellow player but the ball was in play. 

The headbutt was violent conduct - this was not. Given that the charge was the lesser charge why is the punishment that of the higher charge.
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

@patjennings

Haven't you got it yet? The severity of any punishment (both FFA and MRP derived) is dependant on how many bad metrics the action has resulted in.
Edited
6 Years Ago by n i k o
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

n i k o - 6 Aug 2018 11:37 PM
@patjenningsHaven't you got it yet? The severity of any punishment (both FFA and MRP derived) is dependant on how much many bad metrics the action has resulted in.

My bad - I didn't read the memo.

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

patjennings - 6 Aug 2018 11:49 PM
n i k o - 6 Aug 2018 11:37 PM

My bad - I didn't read the memo.

Nearly every other league in the world and he would have got a three match ban at most. He is allowed to contest the ball, and yes he was a tad out in his timing, but in the circumstances ,what the fuck is he meant to do ?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search