Club before country for Socceroo hopeful...for now [Comments]

Club before country for Socceroo hopeful...for now [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Club or Country? What is everyone's preference??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I'm in the 'club' before 'country' group.
Celtic first. Everything else a distance second.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Yeah when there is no actual choice and some sub-ed wants to troll up a story you throw in a headline like this.  All the guys at training last week were solid on this.  Not a single one had it in mind to pass up the next Club game vs going to NT camp this weekend!

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Im all for club football but the pinnacle of sport is representing your country at the world club, everything else is a distant second. Also sometimes people like to say club because they think it makes them seem edgy and cool.
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Depends on the league and team, I mean if I heard someone from the A-League say that "Club before Country" I know they would be lying. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by WSF
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Always club before country.

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

@ WandP: Sorry pal. I'm not following what you are saying.

@ Rusty: I understand where you are coming from, and I have no issues with those who feel that way. Me, personally? If I had to choose between say Celtic winning the Champions League, or Ireland/Australia winning the World Cup? I choose Celtic. Easy. No question.

EDIT(@Rusty): As for "sometimes people like to say club because they think it makes them seem edgy and cool." -- Hehe, I don't know about that, but I will pay more attention to it from now on.

@ WSF: So what "Club" and/or "League" is acceptable/believable that one may support a club over country??

Also, why not an "A-league team??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 11 Aug 2018 10:56 PM

Did  you read the article?  No problem if you didn't.  It's been twisted and turned to try and make out that it has some relationship to the headline and the normal understanding of that line.   The plain and simple truth is that it is pure bullshit.  Garuccio is working to settle in at his new club where he has been playing well enough to earn a start.

It's quite a journey from a start at Hearts to getting a cap for the Socceroos.  He isn't even on anybody's hope list.
He doesn't have to make a choice between Club and Country.  HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT CHOICE!

Bullshit article that could have been interesting and informative.  This discussion confirms how bad the article is.  This is the first comment that even refers to Garuccio.

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

SWandP - 12 Aug 2018 12:50 AM

Did  you read the article?  No problem if you didn't.  It's been twisted and turned to try and make out that it has some relationship to the headline and the normal understanding of that line.   The plain and simple truth is that it is pure bullshit.  Garuccio is working to settle in at his new club where he has been playing well enough to earn a start.

It's quite a journey from a start at Hearts to getting a cap for the Socceroos.  He isn't even on anybody's hope list.
He doesn't have to make a choice between Club and Country.  HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT CHOICE!

Bullshit article that could have been interesting and informative.  This discussion confirms how bad the article is.  This is the first comment that even refers to Garuccio.

Ah, I understand what you are saying/see where you are coming from. ☺

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

@ Rusty: I understand where you are coming from, and I have no issues with those who feel that way. Me, personally? If I had to choose between say Celtic winning the Champions League, or Ireland/Australia winning the World Cup? I choose Celtic. Easy. No question.

EDIT(@Rusty): As for "sometimes people like to say club because they think it makes them seem edgy and cool." -- Hehe, I don't know about that, but I will pay more attention to it from now on.

@ WSF: So what "Club" and/or "League" is acceptable/believable that one may support a club over country??

Also, why not an "A-league team??

One that isn't a Joke?

Why not an A-League team? :laugh:

I see Celtic lost to Hearts as well, brings joys of tears to me :D

Edited
6 Years Ago by WSF
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
BrisbaneBhoy - 11 Aug 2018 6:49 PM
Club or Country? What is everyone's preference??

Definitely country over club.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Garruccio hasn't suddenly become a much better player in just a few months of playing at Hearts.

When I've seen teams outside the Old Firm, Celtic and Rangers, the Scottish League looks no better than the HAL.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

cant even dominate a league they basically own hahaha
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

rusty - 11 Aug 2018 8:30 PM
Im all for club football but the pinnacle of sport is representing your country at the world club, everything else is a distant second. Also sometimes people like to say club because they think it makes them seem edgy and cool.

I'm not sure what the motive for supporting club football over international football is?

Club football is often about one club being richer than their opposition, which can equate to success. Hence,  they win by having more money to recruit players to overcome weaknesses.

In international football  coaches can't buy players to overcome weaknesses.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 11 Aug 2018 7:10 PM
I'm in the 'club' before 'country' group.
Celtic first. Everything else a distance second.

I've always enjoyed your 442 input, but have never understood your preference of club over country.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Decentric - 13 Aug 2018 5:03 PM
rusty - 11 Aug 2018 8:30 PM

I'm not sure what the motive for supporting club football over international football is?

Club football is often about one club being richer than their opposition, which can equate to success. Hence,  they win by having more money to recruit players to overcome weaknesses.

In international football  coaches can't buy players to overcome weaknesses.

Because people have a closer connection to their town/city than their country. Especially when they play pretty much the entire year, it really isn't that difficult to understand. Your point about success is also completely and utterly pointless.
Edited
6 Years Ago by City Sam
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Decentric - 13 Aug 2018 5:06 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 11 Aug 2018 7:10 PM

I've always enjoyed your 442 input, but have never understood your preference of club over country.

Why, thank you ☺

As to why? 'City Sam' above pretty much sums it up. I feel a bigger connection to Celtic then that of any national team. It is what it is ☺

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'm a Country before Club type of guy in the big picture.
Even though I'm deeply rooted and close to clubs I'm involved locally but overall Repping for your country is an honour of the first degree imo.
I feel it gets cloudy by players only due to where/what level their NT is and how the admin/or coachs has treated them in the past.
For eg and barring the controversial exceptions in general you wouldn't see many Latinos/Euro players saying NO playing for their NT.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search