El Loco

El Loco

Author
Summerteeth
Rising Star
Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)Rising Star (842 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The way Marcelo Bielsa got Leeds playing so far made a mockery of the view that he would be too difficult for an Anglo setting. Could he have made a difference for us in Russia (and beyond) if he was picked instead of Bert/ Arnie?
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Yep, the idea that he would not be able to work here because of his lack of english was a pathetic excuse. The bloke even wanted to stay on afterwards through the Asian Cup.

Viennese Vuck

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Summerteeth - 12 Aug 2018 10:54 PM
The way Marcelo Bielsa got Leeds playing so far made a mockery of the view that he would be too difficult for an Anglo setting. Could he have made a difference for us in Russia (and beyond) if he was picked instead of Bert/ Arnie?

Only too difficult for wankers like Slater and Nrl/Afl bogan while right wing nut jobs complain he doesn't speak Engrish. At the moment we don't deserve Bielsa. 
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

I think he would end up punching Gallop in the face at some point
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Leeds supporter here. 

2 games in, calm your farms.

Wait for our mid season tank.

We started last season with 3 league wins and ended up 15 points off a playoff spot, thanks largely to a mid season 9 game run where we got a grand total of 4 draws, and an earlier 1 win in 6 games warm up tank.

We pull this shit year in year out.
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Another Leeds fan. Bielsa wouldn't work as national manager of Australia simply because he wouldn't have enough time to work with the team to get their fitness up to where he requires it to work in his system and that's just one of the reasons 
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

lebo_roo - 12 Aug 2018 11:29 PM
Summerteeth - 12 Aug 2018 10:54 PM

Only too difficult for wankers like Slater and Nrl/Afl bogan while right wing nut jobs complain he doesn't speak Engrish. At the moment we don't deserve Bielsa. 

I think any coach of Australia (or Leeds for that matter) should be able to speak English. It's got nothing to do with being right wing. It just makes communication easier. 
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

I've heard he's already taken to doing pressers in his limited English which he's intending to improve on anyway, so that's no issue.

Fact is we as a football nation at present sorely need, yet don't deserve, a coach of his calibre. Arnie and his round-ball-no-hands version of AFL is what we're stuck with😭

Edited
6 Years Ago by BA81
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Fuck me drunk, people in the world game worried about whether a guy speaks English.  

No wonder Australia will never fucking ever do anything of note in world football.   It's like some sort of provincial VFL & NRL disease that people have picked up.     
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 13 Aug 2018 4:29 PM

Fuck me drunk, people in the world game worried about whether a guy speaks English.  

No wonder Australia will never fucking ever do anything of note in world football.  It's like some sort of provincial VFL & NRL disease that people have picked up.

x Infinity. That said, giving the current FFA board the boot would be the first stage of treatment:exclamation:

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

No wonder Australia will never fucking ever do anything of note in world football.   It's like some sort of provincial VFL & NRL disease that people have picked up.     

No kidding.

Everything in the world has to be filtered through western english speaking consciousness, or it doesn't compute with them.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I encounter people on a daily basis who moved to Europe from abroad and don't speak English. My good friend moved from Tokyo to Czeech Rep. to study furniture design. Not a word of English in her. Does the fucking furniture speak English? No.

Btw, it's a bloody relief having friends who are mutli lingual but have no English. You never get "American politics" intrusion in your conversations.
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Surely you can't be this fucking clueless. I mean, the last 3 posts in this thread are absolutely fucking moronic. Like, mental retardation level. 
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro

Derider - 13 Aug 2018 5:14 PM
Surely you can't be this fucking clueless. I mean, the last 3 posts in this thread are absolutely fucking moronic. Like, mental retardation level. 

Yes, Trump the Fump

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Derider - 13 Aug 2018 5:14 PM

Like breeds like
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro

All banter aside though, why *are* you even into football in the first place Derider? I mean, it's not a sport for myopic protectionist douchelords...AT ALL.

Looks like you'd be far better off sticking with your Sam Newman-derived sporting-monoculture💡

Edited
6 Years Ago by BA81
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

bohemia - 13 Aug 2018 5:00 PM

Does the fucking furniture speak English? No.

Id pay good money for talking furniture

Derider
Derider
Pro

BA81 - 13 Aug 2018 5:25 PM
Derider... myopic protectionist douchelord...AT ALL.

Looks like you'd be far better off sticking with your Sam Newman-derived sporting-monoculture💡

Because I think the coach of the Socceroos should ideally speak English?

Righto.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Derider
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro

Derider - 13 Aug 2018 5:43 PM

Because I think the coach of the Socceroos should ideally speak English?

Righto.

Righto indeed.

I mean, you're the one who reckons it's a deal-breaker if he can't...

But hey, ol' Arnie's gonna have us playing 'The Australian Way' ie. how Barry Hall and Ray Price would've played sokkah if they hadn't deemed it beneath them🤣

Edited
6 Years Ago by BA81
Derider
Derider
Pro

BA81 - 13 Aug 2018 5:52 PM
Derider - 13 Aug 2018 5:43 PM

Righto indeed.

I mean, you're the one who reckons it's a deal-breaker if he can't...

But hey, ol' Arnie's gonna have us playing 'The Australian Way' ie. how Barry Hall and Ray Price would've played sokkah if they hadn't deemed it beneath them🤣

I'd give Bielsa a chance solely due to his credentials, but no, it's definitely not ideal when a coach doesn't speak a language his players can understand. You can get by with translators, but it's not the same. Some of the nuance inevitably gets lost in translation. It also makes him less accessible to players, who can't have a private chat with him. I suppose it's easier to overcome in a club setting, where the coach is immersed in the culture over a longer period and has no choice but to pick up at least some of the language, but I'd rather avoid it with the national team. 
bohemia
bohemia
World Class

Derider - 13 Aug 2018 6:09 PM
BA81 - 13 Aug 2018 5:52 PM

I'd give Bielsa a chance solely due to his credentials, but no, it's definitely not ideal when a coach doesn't speak a language his players can understand. You can get by with translators, but it's not the same. Some of the nuance inevitably gets lost in translation. It also makes him less accessible to players, who can't have a private chat with him. I suppose it's easier to overcome in a club setting, where the coach is immersed in the culture over a longer period and has no choice but to pick up at least some of the language, but I'd rather avoid it with the national team. 

None of our players should be playing in Europe or East Asia then.

All that nuance they miss.
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
PricklePear - 13 Aug 2018 5:41 PM
bohemia - 13 Aug 2018 5:00 PM

Id pay good money for talking furniture

I'm sure they have it in Japan.
Derider
Derider
Pro

bohemia - 13 Aug 2018 7:54 PM
Derider - 13 Aug 2018 6:09 PM

None of our players should be playing in Europe or East Asia then.

All that nuance they miss.

OK genius, you win. It's clearly best to have a football coach who doesn't speak English, since one doesn't need English to become a furniture designer in the Czech Republic. Very sensible argument you've constructed there. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Derider
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

All banter aside though, why *are* you even into football in the first place Derider? I mean, it's not a sport for myopic protectionist douchelords...AT ALL.

Deadset people with this archaic 1950's mentality and thinly veiled racism would be at home in literally any other sport in Australia but somehow they chose Football and still want to knock it back to the same bogan level as the other sports.

Viennese Vuck

Derider
Derider
Pro

melbourne_terrace - 14 Aug 2018 2:37 AM

Deadset people with this archaic 1950's mentality and thinly veiled racism would be at home in literally any other sport in Australia but somehow they chose Football and still want to knock it back to the same bogan level as the other sports.

Deadset, you're a fucking moron. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by Derider
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

His team right now is playing the best football in the Europe...in the championship.

The Norwich 2nd goal they scored started from the back was a delight.

I do agree we don’t deserve someone like Bielsa or even then I don’t think we are culturally ready for someone of his technical and tactical nous.

How level of detail especially in the technical side of the game such as like off the ball, body positioning, passing patterns, methods in breaking down defences and of course pressing would have been light years ahead of most Australian coaches, so much the likes of Pochetino, Guardiola, Simone and many others has been all inspired by him.

Great to watch as a neutral and great if your a Leeds fan at this stage.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search