Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Stajcic shock: Matildas lose coach ahead of World Cup [Comments]

Author
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Bowden - 24 Sep 2022 8:36 AM
johnszasz - 24 Sep 2022 7:31 AM

Why is women’s football like this. 

Expecting woman's football to behave at the level of professionalism that the mens have had decades to build towards was always going to be problematic. A byproduct of expecting equality without first doing the hard yards.
Uncle Sepp
Uncle Sepp
Fan
Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)

Lest we forget ...
aek4969
aek4969
Fan
Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)

Unbelievable what happened to Staj.  And for what? Tony seems a proper muppet. The players run the team now. Crazy.
He says he's built depth and yet makes those subs!! Shocking.
Matildas are fake good.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 26 Jun 2022 9:51 AM
Apologise to Stajic.   

yep - womens football wants all the respect of mens football, money and prestige but none of the mentality, hard work or criticism 

Staj would be laughing his ass off   

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
9 Months Ago by Davstar
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Serious question - does anyone have any thoughts or even knowledge on Staj that they haven’t been willing to post online? Eg. The content of the allegations that led to “what Lucy knows” etc. I figure there has to be people in the game who know more about this and this is a reasonable place to find them. 
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Something about not being aloud partners to be roommates in camp.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Aljay - 27 Jul 2023 10:44 PM
Serious question - does anyone have any thoughts or even knowledge on Staj that they haven’t been willing to post online? Eg. The content of the allegations that led to “what Lucy knows” etc. I figure there has to be people in the game who know more about this and this is a reasonable place to find them. 

I'm happy to learn and be told by someone with a legal or official background how and why such information should be kept under wraps but I find it utter cowardice by all those involved how he got dragged through the mud and then a background agreement was made with the provision nothing ever gets shared. Gutless by those who got rid of him if the claims were false or a total overreaction.
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)Amateur (679 reputation)

Too "professional" for the Matildas but just right for the Philippines.I am sure the Phillippines football federation and the players are more than happy with Stajcic's methods.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

chondro - 27 Jul 2023 10:47 PM
Something about not being aloud partners to be roommates in camp.

This is my current belief too, until I hear or read something else that changes my mind. I recall a quote from Stajic along the lines of “it’s hard running training when your midfielder won’t pass to your striker because she went to bed with your centre back the night before”, or something like that.

I also recall reading that Gallop made a comment to Stajic along the lines of “you need to be careful, they’re out for you”. Keep in mind Gallop was the FFA CEO at this stage.

The other unanswered questions include which administrators decided this was an unacceptable red line and what other reasons were given to get him sacked.
Edited
9 Months Ago by Aljay
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

johnszasz - 27 Jul 2023 10:52 PM
Aljay - 27 Jul 2023 10:44 PM

I'm happy to learn and be told by someone with a legal or official background how and why such information should be kept under wraps but I find it utter cowardice by all those involved how he got dragged through the mud and then a background agreement was made with the provision nothing ever gets shared. Gutless by those who got rid of him if the claims were false or a total overreaction.

From an employment perspective, Stajic lodged an unfair dismissal claim, which settled out of court for a sum of money in an agreement that must have included a non-disclosure clause. Such a clause is standard practice. Stajic also would’ve been told not to talk to the media as soon as he got legal advice, which he would’ve been able to use as leverage during negotiations.
From a media perspective, the question is a little more grey. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this this rock was overturned, how many others would need to be overturned too. Do some in the media think silence on this issue is a better outcome for the game?

Edited
9 Months Ago by Aljay
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Aljay - 28 Jul 2023 9:22 AM

From an employment perspective, Stajic lodged an unfair dismissal claim, which settled out of court for a sum of money in an agreement that must have included a non-disclosure clause. Such a clause is standard practice. Stajic also would’ve been told not to talk to the media as soon as he got legal advice, which he would’ve been able to use as leverage during negotiations.
From a media perspective, the question is a little more grey. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this this rock was overturned, how many others would need to be overturned too. Do some in the media think silence on this issue is a better outcome for the game?

Lisa de Vanna tried something like that.  The Madilda's culture is toxic.
Edited
9 Months Ago by Enzo Bearzot
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

Enzo Bearzot - 28 Jul 2023 9:36 AM

Lisa de Vanna tried something like that.  The Madilda's culture is toxic.

This is precisely the kind of thing I had in mind. How old was she when first selected for the Matildas again?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Aljay - 28 Jul 2023 9:16 AM
chondro - 27 Jul 2023 10:47 PM

This is my current belief too, until I hear or read something else that changes my mind. I recall a quote from Stajic along the lines of “it’s hard running training when your midfielder won’t pass to your striker because she went to bed with your centre back the night before”, or something like that.

I also recall reading that Gallop made a comment to Stajic along the lines of “you need to be careful, they’re out for you”. Keep in mind Gallop was the FFA CEO at this stage.

The other unanswered questions include which administrators decided this was an unacceptable red line and what other reasons were given to get him sacked.

To be fair to FA (or was it FFA then?), federal and state legislation is tying their hands together in regards to what is and isnt an unacceptable red line.... We all remember, in days gone by,  giggling at reports of Brazilian or Italian men's players complaining to the press that the manager wouldn't let them root their wives or girlfriends before the World Cup.... Staj strikes me as on "old school" disciplinarian. How horrified would he have been having to deal with a bunch of players arguing about who is sleeping with whom??? Not because of the same sex relationships but because of the fact that there are ANY relationships at all... Tony looks like the kind of slimy bastard that would just be content to creep around the hallways at night with a glass pressed against the bedroom doors trying to catch a moan or a sigh.... hahahahahah
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Heard Stajcic also upset the young Matildas for having the temerity to tell some of them they were carrying too much weight.

Imagine elite athletes being told they need to be fit.

Outrageous!

Member since 2008.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

It makes sense and in the end it's not really our business. My beef is how the vile media can go all out with no accountability and then suddenly silence. Freedom of the press and all and you can always sue for defamation. We don't have to read the press yet I felt there was an implication of abuse and intimidation, which had there been, would've probably ended up with criminal charges. Staj was so defamed but I'm so happy he's getting the last laugh. A mountain out of a molehill on an apparent different opinion regarding relationships within a team.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 28 Jul 2023 11:05 AM
Heard Stajcic also upset the young Matildas for having the temerity to tell some of them they were carrying too much weight.

Imagine elite athletes being told they need to be fit.

Outrageous!

Our swimmers doing the body fat test would just be told 'don't complain to us when you miss a medal by 0.2 of a second. Sure treat people with dignity and the like but professional sport has to have an absolute drive and sense of reality to win.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Dan_The_Red - 25 Sep 2022 7:51 AM
Bowden - 24 Sep 2022 8:36 AM

Expecting woman's football to behave at the level of professionalism that the mens have had decades to build towards was always going to be problematic. A byproduct of expecting equality without first doing the hard yards.

bang on and can be applied to pretty much any sport at the elite level.....but you say it out load the WOKE lunatics and media will call you sexist....

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
9 Months Ago by Davstar
Uncle Sepp
Uncle Sepp
Fan
Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)Fan (78 reputation)

Thanks for the memories. We won't forget.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Tony got us to semi final I reckon that's a pass mark. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 16 Aug 2023 10:30 PM

yeah semis were par since we've made the quarters a couple of recent world cup away from home

3rd place would be above par.
Uncle Sepp
Uncle Sepp
Fan

During the Roman Empire, the simple people would overlook the corruption of their rulers by being given bread and circus entertainment.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Uncle Sepp - 17 Aug 2023 10:42 AM

During the Roman Empire, the simple people would overlook the corruption of their rulers by being given bread and circus entertainment.

Bread and circus where abouts??? 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

grazorblade - 16 Aug 2023 10:32 PM

yeah semis were par since we've made the quarters a couple of recent world cup away from home

3rd place would be above par.

I agree with this. Quarters were the minimum, anything less really a failure. So semis is a strong pass. 

Wonder how Staj would have gone with this group. We’ll do well to make the semis again given the seriousness that other nations are treating women’s football with and the lack of home ground advantage.

I was spewing after Nigeria, still have plenty of complaints about Tony, but have to respect getting to a semi final.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Reading a recap of the year in an ABC article the other day and this little gem came up.

https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/the-woso-chart-soccer-lgbtqia/102742122

Type in any name and there's a link to who they went out with or did go out with. Amazing the amount of Matildas that went out with (or are going out with) former and current matildas (as well as other professional footballers).

https://wosochart.github.io/TheWosoChart/

No wonder Staj had the shits with the girls bed hopping in camp. 

Emily Van Egmond - Lydia Williams
Sam Kerr - Caitlan Foord - Mackenzie Arnold
Amy Chapman - Gorry - Tameka Yallop
McCormick - Raso - Checker

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Stajcic has started to get Glory playing some decent football.

Good luck to him!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search