a league in football manager

a league in football manager

Author
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A-League squad limits have boosted to 30 and can have up to 7 foreigners.

As for it being fun, I like the game anyway so I always have fun with it
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 15 Jun 2019 2:42 PM
A-League squad limits have boosted to 30 and can have up to 7 foreigners.

As for it being fun, I like the game anyway so I always have fun with it

Do you need a researcher? because I would be happy to help 
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star
Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)Rising Star (787 reputation)

Nothing to do with me. I just play it
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Tyson_Jon - 15 Jun 2019 3:04 PM
Nothing to do with me. I just play it

Ok cool I might give it a try good way to get to know the npl teams 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Tyson_Jon - 15 Jun 2019 1:15 PM
Melbcityguy - 15 Jun 2019 12:47 PM

Turns out you can sign a lot of guys to amateur contracts who are WAY too good for this level lol. Will cruise for a few divisions I think

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hpnrs2nn7kh0nv4/Australia+Full+Promotion-Relegation+Pyramid.fmf

this is not working for me 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Well FM 2020 is coming soon! playing in the a league is always fun should be good this year with western united and should be able to play as mcarthur united as well as they come in next season
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 20 Sep 2019 7:42 AM
Well FM 2020 is coming soon! playing in the a league is always fun should be good this year with western united and should be able to play as mcarthur united as well as they come in next season

I only play the Australians leagues if I download a full pyramid. Playing in just the A-League isn't enjoyable.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

theFOOTBALLlover - 20 Sep 2019 8:13 AM

I only play the Australians leagues if I download a full pyramid. Playing in just the A-League isn't enjoyable.

i want to win the asian champions league it's a challenge but it's also doable 
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

You can win anything with the right tactic

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Tyson_Jon - 20 Sep 2019 11:04 AM
You can win anything with the right tactic

no i think you need the right players, right morale ect 
Weiry
Weiry
Super Fan
Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)

As someone that was part of the creation of the Level 14 database mentioned above it's pretty cool to see it mentioned here.

I had the 'beta/test' version of the updated file with 8,000 players added into the game and I think we actually got the number to around 11,500/12,000 real players from every NPL1, NPL2, NPL3, State League and other lower leagues across the country. Unfortunately my laptop died and I lost the file and as far as I can see the project has been on a hiatus for the last few months.  

Was quite happy with how it turned out though after a lot of time researching and editing it. Currently managing Gold Coast United in the A-League and am pushing for an ACL place.
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

sub007 - 13 Jun 2019 3:43 PM
JoyfulPenguin - 13 Jun 2019 3:34 PM

Yes, it’s fun but it’s addictive.

I grew up playing Aussie rules as well and FM has taught me a bit about tactics.

Agree with this... playing the newest FM is the single best tactical education ive received. That and when i read fossies bookabout 10 years back
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

are you going to make a full pyramid for 2020? 
New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Weiry - 21 Sep 2019 1:57 AM
As someone that was part of the creation of the Level 14 database mentioned above it's pretty cool to see it mentioned here.

I had the 'beta/test' version of the updated file with 8,000 players added into the game and I think we actually got the number to around 11,500/12,000 real players from every NPL1, NPL2, NPL3, State League and other lower leagues across the country. Unfortunately my laptop died and I lost the file and as far as I can see the project has been on a hiatus for the last few months.  

Was quite happy with how it turned out though after a lot of time researching and editing it. Currently managing Gold Coast United in the A-League and am pushing for an ACL place.

I also provided all the info for my club and players to be included in the game. Not sure if they were ever updated
RBB Wanderer
RBB Wanderer
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 24 Sep 2019 3:39 PM

are you going to make a full pyramid for 2020? 

I will be ! :) but as always will move Australia to European confers to challenge champions league, coefficients, World Cup qualifiers. Makes it all the more challenging and entertaining 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

They announced they are adding a new a league feature to 2020 you can request to the board you want money for a marquee 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

ONE more thing and i will stop posting it has been confirmed wu and macarthur will be in fm 2020 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Playing with an A-League team is the dullest game ever unless you mod the shit out of it. Same goes for MLS. 

Viennese Vuck

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

melbourne_terrace - 1 Oct 2019 7:18 AM
Playing with an A-League team is the dullest game ever unless you mod the shit out of it. Same goes for MLS. 

I respectfully disagree I like managing in the a league and if you think it's dull it will get better in the future when the a league improves in the future (eg more teams, p and r, better young players, progressing in acl, bigger ffa cup ect 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Oct 2019 7:38 AM
melbourne_terrace - 1 Oct 2019 7:18 AM

I respectfully disagree I like managing in the a league and if you think it's dull it will get better in the future when the a league improves in the future (eg more teams, p and r, better young players, progressing in acl, bigger ffa cup ect 

Wut, why would someone wait years for the FFA to sort its shit out to make a game available in 2019 more playable?

The A-League, as it is now in the Vanilla game, is severely lacking in long term playability as the lack of P/R, 2nd Div and a hollow AFC CL experience in addition to restrictive rules like the salary cap, small squad sizes or tiny bench just makes it a frustrating experience.

It might reflect real life but that doesn't stop it being woefully boring compared to building up a lower league team overseas.

Also the ratings of Australian players are woefully out of date or inaccurate, especially when it comes to physical attributes. 

Viennese Vuck

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

anyone getting fm 2020? 
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

Been playing the beta since the start of November. A-league needs some work still. At least a patch for the new bench rules
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Tyson_Jon - 18 Nov 2019 2:28 PM
Been playing the beta since the start of November. A-league needs some work still. At least a patch for the new bench rules

i agree with the bench rule. what annoys me about the a league is how some players are overrated for melbourne city luna is a key player in real life he is a squad player. 
Tyson_Jon
Tyson_Jon
Rising Star

It was also crazy (no fault of the game) that when I started a vuck save 90% of my team was coming off contract
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

has anyone tried mcarthur in fm this year? could be fun building a squad 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2020-play-it-free-right-now
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search