Australia V Bangladesh

Australia V Bangladesh

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Nice straight drive for  4 from Tanim off Cummins. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Nice lofted  ball from Soumya off Starc for 4. 

Sane result , 4, off the next Starc ball. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
just as i was about to complain about our fielding

3 more wickets before over 35 and we win
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

outfield has slowed up a bit

7 runs given away in the field mind you
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

it has to be said, Carey's keeping is not international standard so far this tournament

unlikely to cost us this match thankfully
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

reasonably happy with our bowling on a flat pitch

a few too many loose deliveries for my liking but decent enough

Bangladesh have played well
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

wet ball might be the reason for the loose deliveries
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

4 wickets from our backup bowlers and a runout today when our express bowlers have struggled a tad is a good sign

Khawaja and Warner are positives as well
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

stoinis batting and Carey's keeping are the main negatives at the moment but we are building a little in this tournament
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

our lesser bowlers 5/215 today which is a big improvement on a flat wicket

If they can do that every game our front line bowlers should get us home most days

We need one win from the next three. Probably don't need any. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

grazorblade - 21 Jun 2019 3:18 AM
it has to be said, Carey's keeping is not international standard so far this tournament

unlikely to cost us this match thankfully

Should Paine replace him?

Nevill could be an option to preserve Paine. 

Nevill’s keeping was good enough for Test cricket, but his quiet nature on the pitch was not a quality selectors liked. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

grazorblade - 21 Jun 2019 3:59 AM
our lesser bowlers 5/215 today which is a big improvement on a flat wicket

If they can do that every game our front line bowlers should get us home most days

This is pleasing. 

This is is the first I’ve read about the game since waking up. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Decentric - 21 Jun 2019 8:17 AM
grazorblade - 21 Jun 2019 3:18 AM

Should Paine replace him?

Nevill could be an option to preserve Paine. 

Nevill’s keeping was good enough for Test cricket, but his quiet nature on the pitch was not a quality selectors liked. 

I'd like to see Wade or Handscomb replace him

He was selected because of his allegedly superior keeping
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

grazorblade - 20 Jun 2019 10:51 PM
well done khawaja running maxwell out at the death

Gday gb,
jaszyjim - Kharma is what I call it, he did exactly the same thing to 2 batsmen previous game.
Hopefully they will both learn the importance of early calls of  No.
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

Gday all,
jaszyjim - Wasn't that interested in this game, taped it and flicked thru it.
Disappointed in the team the selectors picked, as I thought it would resemble
the team to play England. If we go in with this team we will be creamed.
Other than Rubel who bowled a few over 140k's but was mostly in the mid 130's
the rest of them were just medium pacers, struggling to get to 130k's.
Ideal pace to score off, though early on they did bowl a good line & length.
Played Khawaja at 3, baffled.
England will be a totally different prospect & I did not see anything to convince
me we be able to post a decent score against them.

Bowling wise we were poor - unable to bowl them out, which = a big ?
Whilst Stoinis & CN got wickets I wouldn't get too excited about it,
The batsman were trying to force the pace to their credit, but it cost them.

Zampa creamed, it amazes me he is still being played ahead of Lyon.
CN given another go - why didn't they play M. Marsh to warm him up for playing
against England.
I believe Agar is over there as well.
If you aren't going to play Lyon, why wasn't he given a go.

To me everything about this match from an Australian point of view was disappointing.

So who do the selectors pick to play England?
Their selection against Bangladesh has completely thrown me. 
My team:- Finch, Khawaja, Warner, Smith, Maxwell, M. Marsh
Stoinis, Carey, Cummins, Starc.& Agar.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend

jaszyjim - 21 Jun 2019 11:18 AM
Gday all,
jaszyjim - Wasn't that interested in this game, taped it and flicked thru it.
Disappointed in the team the selectors picked, as I thought it would resemble
the team to play England. If we go in with this team we will be creamed.
Other than Rubel who bowled a few over 140k's but was mostly in the mid 130's
the rest of them were just medium pacers, struggling to get to 130k's.
Ideal pace to score off, though early on they did bowl a good line & length.
Played Khawaja at 3, baffled.
England will be a totally different prospect & I did not see anything to convince
me we be able to post a decent score against them.

Bowling wise we were poor - unable to bowl them out, which = a big ?
Whilst Stoinis & CN got wickets I wouldn't get too excited about it,
The batsman were trying to force the pace to their credit, but it cost them.

Zampa creamed, it amazes me he is still being played ahead of Lyon.
CN given another go - why didn't they play M. Marsh to warm him up for playing
against England.
I believe Agar is over there as well.
If you aren't going to play Lyon, why wasn't he given a go.

To me everything about this match from an Australian point of view was disappointing.

So who do the selectors pick to play England?
Their selection against Bangladesh has completely thrown me. 
My team:- Finch, Khawaja, Warner, Smith, Maxwell, M. Marsh
Stoinis, Carey, Cummins, Starc.& Agar.

Big round up, JJ. 

I take my hat off to you. 

I’m puzzled about Lyon too. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

interesting match between England and Sri Lanka
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

England still ahead but in a small amount of trouble here. A couple more wickets by sri lanka could be very interesting
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Sri Lanka take root

The next partnership is pretty important for England as their tail hasn't really wagged much this world cup!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

malinga tearing through England at the moment 3-31 with 4 and a bit overs left for him
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

malinga BAZINGA! England 5 down

1 more and its the genuine tail!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

England haven't lost many wickets back to back to their credit. Will they do so this time?

Another wicket here could really mix things up
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

if England lose today they still have to play Australia, India and NZ. Its mathematically possible they fail to make the knockouts
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

what do you do with Malinga now? Do you bowl him out? Or save him for alter

RRR is still under 6
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Ali holes out!

Into the tail! 

Gee Sri lanka wish they had another 10-15 runs

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Sri lanka need to do very well here 4 wickets to take and only 62 to defend off 66 balls

Not quite enough runs for scoreboard pressure
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

thin edge goes for 4 brings up stokes' 50

First captain to play a slip for 50 overs is going to put an end to 350+ scores for good
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

and another! Sri Lanka noses in front!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

just realized i'm in the wrong thread

oops!

Anyway Sri lanka take 2 wickets and are favourites!

only 4 extras all innings. What a disciplined performance!
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

RRR over 6 for the first time
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search