A-League Clubs Preseason Games

A-League Clubs Preseason Games

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City Sam - 6 Oct 2019 3:55 PM
People have got to stop taking too much into preseason results

Well there’s not much else to talk about to be fair. But if 007 did some research he’d see Roar beat:

SFC 2-0 away. 
Jets 3–1
Glory 1-0
NPLQ Champions 5-0 (last week). 

Q: So so what does it all mean? 

A: It means the season starts next week. 

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 3:57 PM
Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:55 PM

Amadi-Holloway isn’t and DWH is just coming back from injury is he not?

Neither play in O’Sheas position and no, both are fully fit having recovered from injury 2-3 weeks ago. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:54 PM
sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 3:53 PM

Ahh .... your a Wikipedia coach 😂

Not really.

I saw Gillesphey get outplayed by Matt Simon.

I read posts on Aldred from fans of his former club.

O’Shea’s cv isn’t great and when I watched Roar in the cup, he was completely invisible and I kept forgetting he was on the pitch.

As for Amadi-Holloway, when a player has a goalscoring record as bad as his at a similar level, then you don’t even need to see him play or do any other research in order to write him off.
Waz
Waz
Legend

sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 4:01 PM
Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:54 PM

Not really.

I saw Gillesphey get outplayed by Matt Simon.

I read posts on Aldred from fans of his former club.

O’Shea’s cv isn’t great and when I watched Roar in the cup, he was completely invisible and I kept forgetting he was on the pitch.

As for Amadi-Holloway, when a player has a goalscoring record as bad as his at a similar level, then you don’t even need to see him play or do any other research in order to write him off.

#WikiBitch .. that’s you. 

Anyway, talking can stop soon. I pity your season if Roar go well though 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:59 PM
sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 3:57 PM

Neither play in O’Sheas position and no, both are fully fit having recovered from injury 2-3 weeks ago. 

But Inman does and he has been playing as a striker.

If Inman is still playing up top and Amadi-Holloway isn’t making the XI despite being fully fit, then Amadi-Holloway must be trash.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:58 PM
City Sam - 6 Oct 2019 3:55 PM

Well there’s not much else to talk about to be fair. But if 007 did some research he’d see Roar beat:

SFC 2-0 away. 
Jets 3–1
Glory 1-0
NPLQ Champions 5-0 (last week). 

Q: So so what does it all mean? 

A: It means the season starts next week. 

True but there's always so many differing circumstances for good or poor preseason performances. You'll see very often teams literally having intensive training very close to a match which is why a lot of the time you see fatigue being an issue in preseason matches. Or they could be trying something new which the players aren't very familiar with etc

Moral of the story i hate preseason talk
Waz
Waz
Legend

sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 4:04 PM
Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:59 PM

But Inman does and he has been playing as a striker.

If Inman is still playing up top and Amadi-Holloway isn’t making the XI despite being fully fit, then Amadi-Holloway must be trash.

You’d need to have watched some games to know though.

You’d even need to know how they trained this week - before the Wide Bay game Fowler apparently ran them in to the ground with triple sessions and even trained them hard on the morning of the 5PM kick off .... his rational was “I know you can beat these guys, but can you do it when your fatigued?” ... so how did he train them this week and for this game? 

So on Inman: 

Do you you know how Inman’s been playing? 

Do you you know how many goals he’s scored? 

Do you you know what his midfield position is when he plays there (it’s not the same as O’Shea’s). 

Do you know how Roar have structured the midfield? 

We had had this discussion a month ago. You’re framing everything to suit your preposition and you’re suffering strongly from what is called confirmation bias - you’re seeing what you want to see and ignoring inconsistent data points (eg Roar thumping the NPLQ champions twice by 5 goals (one this time last week), and other signings like Paartalu who came from Scotland’s third tier to be a star). 

The intensity with which you go at this is a bit alarming. It’s only a game, don’t let it become unhealthy for you. A month ago I dropped off debating with you because of the language of hate and the intensity in your posts and I’m going to do that again.

I come to this forum for a bit of fun and intelligent debate - if the two of us can’t do that enough is enough imo. 

Enjoy the next next few weeks and let’s pick up later in the season. Hopefully when Adelaide have won the Cup and Roar are clear at the top. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

City Sam - 6 Oct 2019 4:15 PM
Waz - 6 Oct 2019 3:58 PM

True but there's always so many differing circumstances for good or poor preseason performances. You'll see very often teams literally having intensive training very close to a match which is why a lot of the time you see fatigue being an issue in preseason matches. Or they could be trying something new which the players aren't very familiar with etc

Moral of the story i hate preseason talk

Agree totally and I just gave an example of that in a later reply. 

I’m dropping out of this thread - it’s become a bit intense. 
sub007
sub007
World Class

Waz - 6 Oct 2019 4:29 PM
sub007 - 6 Oct 2019 4:04 PM

You’d need to have watched some games to know though.

You’d even need to know how they trained this week - before the Wide Bay game Fowler apparently ran them in to the ground with triple sessions and even trained them hard on the morning of the 5PM kick off .... his rational was “I know you can beat these guys, but can you do it when your fatigued?” ... so how did he train them this week and for this game? 

So on Inman: 

Do you you know what his midfield position is when he plays there (it’s not the same as O’Shea’s). 

We had had this discussion a month ago. You’re framing everything to suit your preposition and you’re suffering strongly from what is called confirmation bias - you’re seeing what you want to see and ignoring inconsistent data points (eg Roar thumping the NPLQ champions twice by 5 goals (one this time last week), and other signings like Paartalu who came from Scotland’s third tier to be a star). 

The intensity with which you go at this is a bit alarming. It’s only a game, don’t let it become unhealthy for you. A month ago I dropped off debating with you because of the language of hate and the intensity in your posts and I’m going to do that again.

I come to this forum for a bit of fun and intelligent debate - if the two of us can’t do that enough is enough imo. 

Enjoy the next next few weeks and let’s pick up later in the season. Hopefully when Adelaide have won the Cup and Roar are clear at the top. 

I have watched the Cup game against CCM and I watched some of the game against the Gladstone team.

Yes, very well. I have been very impressed.

I'm not sure of the exact number but I know he has been scoring very regularly.

I know he was playing out wide before McGing came. He may have played centrally, I don't really remember. I personally would like to see him play as a 10 though.

Roar play with a 3412 formation.

The midfield has two wingbacks providing width. McGing has been playing the role on the right hand side, O'Toole and Courtney-Perkins (I actually found out that he's from SA and his father was a SANFL player). O'Neill and Mauk partner each other in the middle with O'Shea playing as a 10. I personally think the Mauk/AON partnership will be a good one and I look forward to seeing it more.

I'm not framing anything at all. I simply remarked that yesterdays result was concerning (which you admitted). I didn't mention Roar thumping an NPL team by 5 goals as that is expected at this time of the season and isn't out of the ordinary. We already debated Paartalu's signing. He came from the Scottish second tier and I made the point that I believe the A-League has improved since then.

I don't get your points about intensity and hate. I'm not being intense and I haven't used any hateful language at all. I simply stated that yesterday's result was concerning and that I believe that O'Donovan is your best visa player. You replied to me as to why I think that and I gave you my answer which was that these players were playing at a lower level and didn't impress when I saw them play. I'm really not sure how anyone could take issue with that?
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

Wellington Phoenix FC

nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Nix v Team Wellington 2-0

Wellington Phoenix FC

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

nomates - 6 Oct 2019 10:07 PM

WHERE IS liberato cacace?

Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 7 Oct 2019 9:13 AM

WHERE IS liberato cacace?

With the Olywhites qualifying for the Olympics

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Bullion - 7 Oct 2019 10:07 AM
Melbcityguy - 7 Oct 2019 9:13 AM

With the Olywhites qualifying for the Olympics

thanks he is in my fantasy team so need him to fire 
saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Only beat Team Wellington 2-0.... looks like a long year for Nix
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search