Womens Ashes

Womens Ashes

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 12:03 AM
Baggers, what do you think of Perry's technique?

She looks to be a very elegant and classy batter IMO?

What a cricketer!

I did allude to that in earlier post DC.. Perry and Lanning both have cast iron techniques. Watch how they play the pace under their noses.. in attack and defending. Watch how they smother the turn by angling the bat well forward with eye over the ball. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Our Southern Stars retain the Ashes!!! Brilliant girls. Now it is up to our men.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 9:38 AM

Our Southern Stars retain the Ashes!!! Brilliant girls. Now it is up to our men.

The all Aussie affair starts  tomorrow nite. Will they telecast it?
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Keyboard Warrior - 21 Jul 2019 11:45 PM
The lead is 212 with seven wickets left. 

Do we have enough of a lead? 

Australia has a lead of 8-2 in current points with this draw.

I can't get over how much I enjoyed this game.

It was so good seeing close to the wicket catchers again. The English fielder who took that superb reflex catch to dismiss Molineux, was a superb fielder!

Being such a skill based game, from what I know about cricket ( not much), some of  the Aussie female batters look comparable,  or even better, than some of the  Aussie male Test players in their respective milieus.

What do you think Baggers, QF, Grazor, Mike, JJ? 

I think Taunton was a turning wicket but the female bowlers, extracted prodigious turn in this game. There was also good flight and drift. Probably more loose balls on offer than men's cricket though.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 9:39 AM
baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 9:38 AM

The all Aussie affair starts  tomorrow nite. Will they telecast it?

I hope so, but doubt it.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 9:37 AM
Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 12:03 AM

I did allude to that in earlier post DC.. Perry and Lanning both have cast iron techniques. Watch how they play the pace under their noses.. in attack and defending. Watch how they smother the turn by angling the bat well forward with eye over the ball. 

They look good, but I can't articulate how, technically, like you can.

It is always good to read technical analysis from those capable of doing it.

Thanks.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 9:43 AM
baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 9:37 AM

They look good, but I can't articulate how, technically, like you can.

It is always good to read technical analysis from those capable of doing it.

Thanks.

I am nothing special DC. Have watched an awful lot of cricket over the decades...is all.

I tell you something seeing the way Lanning and Perry play in this and other tests you wud never know  the two play so little red ball cricket. A couple of our men cud use their techniques against the Pommies in a fortnite.  
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 10:26 AM
Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 9:43 AM

I am nothing special DC. Have watched an awful lot of cricket over the decades...is all.

I tell you something seeing the way Lanning and Perry play in this and other tests you wud never know  the two play so little red ball cricket. A couple of our men cud use their techniques against the Pommies in a fortnite.  

You have been a cricket coach. 

You know a lot more than the likes of me, Baggers! 

Lanning and Perry playing so little red ball cricket is astonishing! 
jaszyjim
jaszyjim
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)Hardcore Fan (224 reputation)

Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 4:45 PM
baggygreenmania - 22 Jul 2019 10:26 AM

You have been a cricket coach. 

You know a lot more than the likes of me, Baggers! 

Lanning and Perry playing so little red ball cricket is astonishing! 

Gday all
Did watch some of this match & agree with the comments re Perry & Lanning.
With all the comments on men's cricket re all rounders, these 2 show what can
be done.
If our men's cricket had a male equivalent how good would that be.
That aside, well done to the Southern Stars.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

jaszyjim - 23 Jul 2019 11:02 AM
Decentric - 22 Jul 2019 4:45 PM

Gday all
Did watch some of this match & agree with the comments re Perry & Lanning.
With all the comments on men's cricket re all rounders, these 2 show what can
be done.
If our men's cricket had a male equivalent how good would that be.
That aside, well done to the Southern Stars.

Good day, JJ.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Not content to have retained the Ashes, Australia captain Meg Lanning ground England into the dirt with a record-breaking knock before her bowlers ensured their opponents stayed down, consigning them to their worst-ever T20 International defeat. Her 133 equalled England's total score. Astounding. Southern stars now on track to do what The Invincibles did in 1948.. tho nowhere near the same scale.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 27 Jul 2019 10:51 AM
Not content to have retained the Ashes, Australia captain Meg Lanning ground England into the dirt with a record-breaking knock before her bowlers ensured their opponents stayed down, consigning them to their worst-ever T20 International defeat. Her 133 equalled England's total score. Astounding. 

Wow!
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

One more game to win for the clean sweep. Healys undefeated comment not looking bold anymore

ARNIE= LEGEND

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search