Any avid Car enthusiasts here?

Any avid Car enthusiasts here?

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TBH I warmed up to each model - mate bought the 1st gen new in red, looked mad but were a bit small for my liking.
As any a new model gets larger, I liked them more to the last gen.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 15 Oct 2019 8:48 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Oct 2019 6:57 AM

I always liked the Series 7 RX-7. Sexy looking cars. 

Ah the fd3s  puma silhouette 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Hyundai have released a one of a kind Imax  n drift wagon a v6 rwd  😂😂😂. Looks like a one off atm 😂😂 . Imagine  if it gets  into  production 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Oct 2019 8:10 PM
Hyundai have released a one of a kind Imax  n drift wagon a v6 rwd  😂😂😂. Looks like a one off atm 😂😂 . Imagine  if it gets  into  production 

Ahh, takes me back to the Renault Espace with the F1 engine. Completely useless but brilliant at the same time. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 21 Dec 2019 4:03 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Oct 2019 8:10 PM

Ahh, takes me back to the Renault Espace with the F1 engine. Completely useless but brilliant at the same time. 

Yep . Like the Suzuki cappucino.  Looked good but so impracticable 😂😂  ive seen an ea falcon with twin turbos so much power for little outcome 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Hyundai kicking goals - the G70 4door RWD with option V6TT looks the goods.

On the carcare love I just received chrissy prez to myself from Waxit Shinemate 12mm DA polishing kit.
Test it out on my daily hilux then the wife's CX5 before I touch my 2 luv's.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 23 Dec 2019 9:11 AM
Hyundai kicking goals - the G70 4door RWD with option V6TT looks the goods.

On the carcare love I just received chrissy prez to myself from Waxit Shinemate 12mm DA polishing kit.
Test it out on my daily hilux then the wife's CX5 before I touch my 2 luv's.

Hyundai have come a long way from oh its just a hyundai 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 23 Dec 2019 9:37 AM
LFC. - 23 Dec 2019 9:11 AM

Hyundai have come a long way from oh its just a hyundai 

Agreed, back in the day when everyone would be driving that same shitty excel they had no respect. I've seen no one dissing any of their i-models really though, and they're now very popular. My mrs had a Tucson which we loved, she nearly upgraded to a newer one recently but went with an X-Trail in the end because she said it was bigger. 

I am not a car enthusiast, I let the rain wash my car most times so don't detail :lol: but I came here to fix your thread title for you, cheers. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ok Thanks for the title edit pv4 !
I'm jealous wish I could let the rain be the washer of my cars but I'm too ocd, a good and bad thing.
Yes Hyundai have done in half the time what the Japs did originally way back then and now I'm waiting to see how quick the chinese gain some cred here.
Being some here are Enthusiasts drop by for some tips now and then if needed, we or more so I wouldn't have recommended the xtrail :). 

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 24 Dec 2019 2:14 PM
ok Thanks for the title edit pv4 !
I'm jealous wish I could let the rain be the washer of my cars but I'm too ocd, a good and bad thing.
Yes Hyundai have done in half the time what the Japs did originally way back then and now I'm waiting to see how quick the chinese gain some cred here.
Being some here are Enthusiasts drop by for some tips now and then if needed, we or more so I wouldn't have recommended the xtrail :). 

It took the Japanese 20 years to get credibility . Same as the koreans . The chinese need to focus more in r&d instead  of copying cars.  Look at the cars they don't release o/s
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

With Holden now officially gone by 2021, what will happen to V8 Supercars? Walkinshaw have ruled out the Camaro, and with Nissan & Volvo exiting in recent years (plus Betty's Erebus Mercs) it leaves a grim future with seemingly little new manufacturer interest. Time for a fresh slate and get DTM and Japanese SuperGT to combine regs so we can have all cars eligible from both those series on our shores. Thoughts?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep finally dong dong the Lion is dead !
Well was ages ago, they should have killed the commodore name like Ford did with Falcon when manufacturing ceased here.
Selling a fwd opel was never going to satisfy 2,500 V8 commodore buyers per month, bloody ridiculous.
Overall sad we have no more Australian cars but Unions made sure of that, no point its over.
As for Supercars, you can Thank also for driving away Betty's MB's, then Volvo and Nissan got drained badly, surprised they persisted for so long - Kellys smart finally changing to Mustang after persisting for so long with the Nissans.
People I know are talking about GT4 regs.
I sure like DTM as well.
GM/Chev are dead man walking in the future it seems, been such a badly run organistion.
They have dropped so many brands/models.
Camaro hasn't been confirmed next gen after 2023 at this stage.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Can't imagine how far long we'd be now if the government had given billions in subsidies to electric vehicle startups like they did Holden.

Member since 2008.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 18 Feb 2020 9:02 PM
With Holden now officially gone by 2021, what will happen to V8 Supercars? Walkinshaw have ruled out the Camaro, and with Nissan & Volvo exiting in recent years (plus Betty's Erebus Mercs) it leaves a grim future with seemingly little new manufacturer interest. Time for a fresh slate and get DTM and Japanese SuperGT to combine regs so we can have all cars eligible from both those series on our shores. Thoughts?

Didn't she jump to holden? 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Feb 2020 11:41 PM

Didn't she jump to holden? 

Sure did, more just making the point that we lost another different type of car from the field when she went to Holden. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Chris_AUFC - 19 Feb 2020 6:46 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Feb 2020 11:41 PM

Sure did, more just making the point that we lost another different type of car from the field when she went to Holden. 

also she didn't have support from MB who really didn't like the thought being in the Bogan game.

Muz over $2B of our $$$$ went to Holden.
Electric or not money could have gone to more important areas ( hospitals/infrastructure) than a company sinking, thanks Unions.

Love Football

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 18 Feb 2020 10:04 PM
yep finally dong dong the Lion is dead !
Well was ages ago, they should have killed the commodore name like Ford did with Falcon when manufacturing ceased here.
Selling a fwd opel was never going to satisfy 2,500 V8 commodore buyers per month, bloody ridiculous.
Overall sad we have no more Australian cars but Unions made sure of that, no point its over.
As for Supercars, you can Thank also for driving away Betty's MB's, then Volvo and Nissan got drained badly, surprised they persisted for so long - Kellys smart finally changing to Mustang after persisting for so long with the Nissans.
People I know are talking about GT4 regs.
I sure like DTM as well.
GM/Chev are dead man walking in the future it seems, been such a badly run organistion.
They have dropped so many brands/models.
Camaro hasn't been confirmed next gen after 2023 at this stage.

I've heard GT4 being floated around too, but I don't think it'll work in Australia. I just can't see enough people supporting it given the eligible cars that would likely race. Porsches, Astons and Audis are just so different to the traditional touring car we've gotten accustomed to in V8 Supercars and we have GT3 anyway which is where the majority of the supporters for GT4 would likely come from anyway. It's a tough road ahead.

Agree with GM being the next to go, too. I'm giving them 5 years. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Yes I know, GT4/3 is such a different crowd lol, bogans would have it hard to stomach.
The Mustang GT4 is a cracker for sore eyes https://performanceparts.ford.com/gt4/
Trouble is the rest are Euro based competing.
I suppose with Holden/GM not in the picture like they were its logical it goes this way re GT4 type.
Supercars have been talking of Gen3 after 21, allowing 2door/coupe shapes under the control chassis but I'd say this will be blown off the drawing board now.
It will depend what support and direction they get from current Teams for starters then what costs are involved.
Sure is a tuff road and urgent road ahead.

GM have been dead man walking since the GFC.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 19 Feb 2020 10:19 AM
Yes I know, GT4/3 is such a different crowd lol, bogans would have it hard to stomach.
The Mustang GT4 is a cracker for sore eyes https://performanceparts.ford.com/gt4/
Trouble is the rest are Euro based competing.
I suppose with Holden/GM not in the picture like they were its logical it goes this way re GT4 type.
Supercars have been talking of Gen3 after 21, allowing 2door/coupe shapes under the control chassis but I'd say this will be blown off the drawing board now.
It will depend what support and direction they get from current Teams for starters then what costs are involved.
Sure is a tuff road and urgent road ahead.

GM have been dead man walking since the GFC.

Gm have been slashing jobs everywhere.  Thailand has been hit as well. They have been bullish 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Back in the day I liked the Touring Cars that actually had different manufacturers such as Holden,Ford of course but there was also Nissan, BMW, Alfa Romeo & others I found it interesting.  

However the bogans couldn't handle that cars from other countries were actually better so they told everyone else to fuck off & created their own category of "Aussie" cars only which was at that point I lost interest.  

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ErogenousZone - 20 Feb 2020 9:30 AM

Back in the day I liked the Touring Cars that actually had different manufacturers such as Holden,Ford of course but there was also Nissan, BMW, Alfa Romeo & others I found it interesting.  

However the bogans couldn't handle that cars from other countries were actually better so they told everyone else to fuck off & created their own category of "Aussie" cars only which was at that point I lost interest.  

Yer that period was tuff.......
Bloody marketing.
I loved the days of Bathurst having Class's and the variety of brands/models/capacities.
Such a top race back then, like a LeMans of old as well but 6hrs.
I did miss the V8's during that GrpA period despite liking Bimmers etc......
Trouble was the main support was not just the bogans but to the local manufacturers and those powers above in Supercars more so major sponsers etc created the Red vs Blue and Holden was one of the instigators in the background politicking behind the scenes promising $$$$ and they also would have been behind pushing other manufacturers out.
Why do you think Ford opted out years ago (again) then back how many times - and the field has always been dominated as the Commodore Cup.
Why do you think Volvo/Nissan walked away not getting enough concessions as per the Holden/Ford and why do you think other manufacturers haven't been introduced.
Supercars put themself in this position in the big picture today.
Holden the cash cow, with Fox Supercars at least could survive but not now.
I'm actually refreshed this is causing a huge reset - just hope its a good reset.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

The Godzilla owning the holdens and fords was epic. That thing wasnt even a v8. Also didn't help holden and fords that their turning circles were like a boat 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 20 Feb 2020 5:10 PM

The Godzilla owning the holdens and fords was epic. That thing wasnt even a v8. Also didn't help holden and fords that their turning circles were like a boat 

Absolutely amazing how dominant they were. The Sierras were pretty good too. I'd love a return to Group A style or something like TCR for larger models. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As much as I love Godzilla's and nearly bought one not long ago to be fair ???????
You had RWD V8 dinosaurs vsing AWD twin turbo coupe - yes it was a beautiful piece of work by Nissan but it sure wasn't apples with apples.
Rate that car highly.
Damn those temperamental Sierras were amazing.
Tech again for those days and soso fast.
Had to give kudos to DJR going back OS with his beating the euros, he got them sorted so well.
Another wish I had in the garage.
As much as I love V8 sounds and feel ie AMG Merc C63 etc sure wish we had more variety in our top game but that COTF Skaife commissioned should have been scrutinised more and made sure other manufacturers played on the even keel with Holden and Ford.
It is what is is, as said hopefully we end up with something that suits many more in the future. 

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 21 Feb 2020 1:47 PM
As much as I love Godzilla's and nearly bought one not long ago to be fair ???????
You had RWD V8 dinosaurs vsing AWD twin turbo coupe - yes it was a beautiful piece of work by Nissan but it sure wasn't apples with apples.
Rate that car highly.
Damn those temperamental Sierras were amazing.
Tech again for those days and soso fast.
Had to give kudos to DJR going back OS with his beating the euros, he got them sorted so well.
Another wish I had in the garage.
As much as I love V8 sounds and feel ie AMG Merc C63 etc sure wish we had more variety in our top game but that COTF Skaife commissioned should have been scrutinised more and made sure other manufacturers played on the even keel with Holden and Ford.
It is what is is, as said hopefully we end up with something that suits many more in the future. 

Funny thing is the r32 Godzilla twin turbo wasnt the powerful engine . The single turbo rb26det had a higher power ratio than the rb26dett
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well being were stuck in front of tv more I started on the new Fangio doco just released on Netflix last night.
What mad simple times - these guys were gladiators in a way.
Safety wasn't even considered back then as we all know, raw stuff.
Unfortunately I fell asleep lol.....worked my arse off outside over the weekend.

So no Supercars/F1/motogp etcetc as well as no football re runs are going to get a work out till the world gets back to normal.

Love Football

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
LFC. - 24 Dec 2019 2:14 PM

we or more so I wouldn't have recommended the xtrail :). 

And that is fine. 

It has honestly been bulletproof for what we use it for, I haven't found a problem with it yet. There are also slim to none times it doesn't suit our lifestyle with the little family etc. It has ticked every box so far, and in my very uneducated opinion I wouldn't push people away from it (without knowing all other options available). 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

If anyone has Netflix as we recently acquired ( my kids wanted it I didn't :laugh: ) there is a great documentary called Apex.  It's about the supercar manufacturers.   Mclaren, Porsche, Ferrari, Pagani, Bugatti & Koenigsegg.   

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 23 Mar 2020 12:56 PM
If anyone has Netflix as we recently acquired ( my kids wanted it I didn't :laugh: ) there is a great documentary called Apex.  It's about the supercar manufacturers.   Mclaren, Porsche, Ferrari, Pagani, Bugatti & Koenigsegg.   

LFC. - 23 Mar 2020 9:57 AM
Well being were stuck in front of tv more I started on the new Fangio doco just released on Netflix last night.
What mad simple times - these guys were gladiators in a way.
Safety wasn't even considered back then as we all know, raw stuff.
Unfortunately I fell asleep lol.....worked my arse off outside over the weekend.

So no Supercars/F1/motogp etcetc as well as no football re runs are going to get a work out till the world gets back to normal.

I saw that Fangio one pop up last night, got me quite excited, will have to watch it when my wife is doing some work tomorrow haha.

What have you guys thought of the F1 Doco on Netflix?

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

NicCarBel - 23 Mar 2020 6:49 PM
ErogenousZone - 23 Mar 2020 12:56 PM

LFC. - 23 Mar 2020 9:57 AM

I saw that Fangio one pop up last night, got me quite excited, will have to watch it when my wife is doing some work tomorrow haha.

What have you guys thought of the F1 Doco on Netflix?

Got to watch it. Is there any good ones on prime???
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search