Domestic Season 2019/20.

Domestic Season 2019/20.

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 15 Nov 2019 11:56 AM
Can Swepson bowl the Bulls to an unlikely victory. He has already bagged a hat trick.

Yes he can. A lot of admiration by that mature effort from Mitchell Swepson as this was a deck better suited to the quicks. Some of his LBs were top shelf that even the great Warne wud acknowledge. An exceptional effort to come back from the dead by the Bulls. They have unearthed yet another promising quick in Blake Edwards too. Golden Ball Award goes to Mitchell Swepson.

ElChumpo
ElChumpo
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3naI3hjNNn6ZeLkz1N5sng?si=oy0CcCeTRviXt8QJVVA3TA 

Round 4 of the Sheffield Shield covered with special guests Dan Cherny for The Age and NSW upstart Daniel Solway

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Watched Tas v Bulls One Day yesterday.

Bulls too good. 

Very impressed with the pace of Stanlake.  I was  a lot more side on when he bowled, but he looked to be as fast as Meredith.

Also, Wildermuth and Skeketee bowled quickly too to the naked eye.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 19 Nov 2019 8:30 AM
Watched Tas v Bulls One Day yesterday.

Bulls too good. 

Very impressed with the pace of Stanlake.  I was  a lot more side on when he bowled, but he looked to be as fast as Meredith.

Also, Wildermuth and Skeketee bowled quickly too to the naked eye.

That is odd. I posted reply and it vanished?

I was saying that I too watched the match DC.. was impressed by the debut of Mac Wright. I told you the TCA have picked up a good'n with him. Only 21. looks well organised at the crease and likes batting time. Those were not easy batting conditions and until his dismissal he looked in control.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 20 Nov 2019 9:46 AM
baggygreenmania - 19 Nov 2019 10:22 AM

Did you go to Bellerive today DC. I looked out for a shot of the TCA members stand to catch a glimpse of you, Jack, Peter and your female friend.. (forgotten her name)  but the camera only picked up long shots.. nothing close up.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Hilton Cartwright has hit a lazy 235 in a FL match. Good to see he can still play the big innings. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 20 Nov 2019 11:19 AM
Hilton Cartwright has hit a lazy 235 in a FL match. Good to see he can still play the big innings. 

Mac Wright with a classy ton. But it was only white ball  I hear you say. Yes.. but there was plenty in the deck for the quicks as Jackson Bird showed. Bold prediction..  Wright will play for Australia along with Henry Hunt. Hang your head CNSW firstly for allowing the home grown Hunt to fly the coop then for not giving Canberra's Wright a Blues rookie contract.
I expect the TCA to give Wright a Shield debut next match. If it is a home game.. even better.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Edited
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

Yehhhhhh! Go Hilton!
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

ThingyBob - 20 Nov 2019 3:42 PM

Yehhhhhh! Go Hilton!

Who watched me old mate J.Richardson nail Ferguson on the pads to win the Marsh game for WA by 6 runs? Might not be Shield cricket, but ‘‘twas exciting.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Yehhhhhh! Go Hilton!

Knew that'd please you.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 20 Nov 2019 3:47 PM

Who watched me old mate J.Richardson nail Ferguson on the pads to win the Marsh game for WA by 6 runs? Might not be Shield cricket, but ‘‘twas exciting.

JR is improving with each game.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

DC will be at Bellerive to watch his Tigers do battle with the Bulls. Wont be happy with the start tho on a greentop. 2-4 after 5. So pleased Macalister Wright will make his FC debut. I rate this batsman.

The Blues put in on a MCG deck that actually looks to have a good covering of grass for a change.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 29 Nov 2019 10:48 AM
DC will be at Bellerive to watch his Tigers do battle with the Bulls. Wont be happy with the start tho on a greentop. 2-4 after 5. So pleased Macalister Wright will make his FC debut. I rate this batsman.

The Blues put in on a MCG deck that actually looks to have a good covering of grass for a change.

And I am on my way to the waca for a couple of hours to watch the warriors vs red backs. Can zampa get any turn on this pitch? Can Ferguson ton up? No Josh Philippe. I know nothing about this Jake Carder.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 2:37 PM
baggygreenmania - 29 Nov 2019 10:48 AM

And I am on my way to the waca for a couple of hours to watch the warriors vs red backs. Can zampa get any turn on this pitch? Can Ferguson ton up? No Josh Philippe. I know nothing about this Jake Carder.

Bancroft out bowled Mennie for an unconvincing 12 from 47, didn’t quite see where the diving catch was, possibly a short square leg. I was distracted by passenger jets doing holding patterns a short distance away and worried they were going to fall from the sky. I think I need a beer!
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 3:01 PM
ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 2:37 PM

Bancroft out bowled Mennie for an unconvincing 12 from 47, didn’t quite see where the diving catch was, possibly a short square leg. I was distracted by passenger jets doing holding patterns a short distance away and worried they were going to fall from the sky. I think I need a beer!

Mennie bowling excellent length to Marsh and Stoinis. Already has both the morning session wickets. 3 slips and a gully in a place. Anyone know much about him? 
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 4:32 PM

Mennie bowling excellent length to Marsh and Stoinis. Already has both the morning session wickets. 3 slips and a gully in a place. Anyone know much about him? 

S.Marsh starting to drive and cut beautifully, until caught and bowled off a full toss from Sayers for 41.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 4:59 PM

S.Marsh starting to drive and cut beautifully, until caught and bowled off a full toss from Sayers for 41.

Cameron Green with his second century for the summer. He is proving a real sensation. WA aided by the ever improving Ashton Agar and Josh Inglis. 

Redbacks struggling in reply. Only Henry Hunt looked comfortable but got an unlucky tickle to the keeper trying to hook a wayward ball.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 30 Nov 2019 10:42 PM
ThingyBob - 29 Nov 2019 4:59 PM

Cameron Green with his second century for the summer. He is proving a real sensation. WA aided by the ever improving Ashton Agar and the under rated Josh Inglis. 

Redbacks struggling in reply. Only Henry Hunt looked comfortable but got an unlucky tickle to the keeper trying to hook a wayward ball.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

No Banners turned in into the hands of leg slip. Evidently not the first time he has done that. 

Did the planes stay in the sky Bobbie and did the beer help things. I looked hot there.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Reckon the TCA boys.. of which DC is one.. will be regretting two things after the Tigers were rolled in two days. Firstly to lose the toss and secondly, preparing a green Bellerive monster. The Bulls seamers took full advantage of the excessively grassy deck to smash the Tigers in the first innings. Then with the deck having calmed down the Tassie quicks were unable to extract the impressive Sam Heazlett.  Tiger veteran and the soon to be retired George Bailey mustered all his guile and steel to avoid the inevitable.. but it was never sufficient as his team mates floundered around him.  

MVP:
Sam Heazlett
Mark Steketee
George Bailey

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 30 Nov 2019 10:48 PM
Mennie.. yet another from my state that found the going tuff and made for greener pastures. 

No Banners turned in into the hands of leg slip. Evidently not the first time he has done that. 

Did the planes stay in the sky Bobbie and did the beer help things. It looked hot there.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 1 Dec 2019 9:39 AM
Reckon the TCA boys.. of which DC is one.. will be regretting two things after the Tigers were rolled in two days. Firstly to lose the toss and secondly, preparing a green Bellerive monster. The Bulls seamers took full advantage of the excessively grassy deck to smash the Tigers in the first innings. Then with the deck having calmed down the Tassie quicks were unable to extract the impressive Sam Heazlett.  Tiger veteran and the soon to be retired George Bailey mustered all his guile and steel to avoid the inevitable.. but it was never sufficient as his team mates floundered around him.  

MVP:
Sam Heazlett
Mark Steketee
George Bailey

Queensland thrashed us, Baggers! 

Both teams played on the same pitch too. 

The TCA boys and girls headed over to the place where you had lunch for a booze up to watch the Test after the debacle on Bellerive Oval, mate! 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 1 Dec 2019 6:35 PM
baggygreenmania - 1 Dec 2019 9:39 AM

Queensland thrashed us, Baggers! 

Both teams played on the same pitch too. 

The TCA boys and girls headed over to the place where you had lunch for a booze up to watch the Test after the debacle on Bellerive Oval, mate! 

Sounds like I missed a real knees up mate.

You underestimate your boys DC.. Tigers had by far the worst batting conditions of the two. They only needed someone to stand up in the first innings.. similar to how George played in the second.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Did the planes stay in the sky Bobbie and did the beer help things. It looked hot there.

Why is Jyhe Richardson not playing?
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 1 Dec 2019 8:28 PM
Decentric - 1 Dec 2019 6:35 PM

Sounds like I missed a real knees up mate.

You underestimate your boys DC.. Tigers had by far the worst batting conditions of the two. They only needed someone to stand up in the first innings.. similar to how George played in the second.

Thanks, Baggers.

You are very kind! 

George batted very well in one innings.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 1 Dec 2019 8:29 PM

Why is Jyhe Richardson not playing?

Shoulder, apparently. Not sure if it is the dodgy one or the good one. So good to see Green has not been a flash in the pan. Ah leg slip, thank you. That would have been my next guess. Not doing much to quiet the discontent of those questioning Bancroft’s poor technique and selection then. The ginger beer was very refreshing, thank you. I enjoyed it in the company of someone from that cricket meetup group that I formed. A couple of parochial west Aussies waiting for zampa to come on and bowl. The planes were doing weird things that day and heading straight for The Prindiville stand before banking sharply. People were taking videos and hoping it wouldn’t be the last thing they did. It has indeed been warm, high 30s every day. What a contrast to Adelaide!

ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 2 Dec 2019 4:41 PM
baggygreenmania - 1 Dec 2019 8:29 PM

Shoulder, apparently. Not sure if it is the dodgy one or the good one. So good to see Green has not been a flash in the pan. Ah leg slip, thank you. That would have been my next guess. Not doing much to quiet the discontent of those questioning Bancroft’s poor technique and selection then. The ginger beer was very refreshing, thank you. I enjoyed it in the company of someone from that cricket meetup group that I formed. A couple of parochial west Aussies waiting for zampa to come on and bowl. The planes were doing weird things that day and heading straight for The Prindiville stand before banking sharply. People were taking videos and hoping it wouldn’t be the last thing they did. It has indeed been warm, high 30s every day. What a contrast to Adelaide!

2 wickets in 4 overs to get for WA for the win. Fielders clustered round Zampa and Mennie like flies at a picnic.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 2 Dec 2019 9:24 PM
ThingyBob - 2 Dec 2019 4:41 PM

2 wickets in 4 overs to get for WA for the win. Fielders clustered round Zampa and Mennie like flies at a picnic.

Mennie caught behind off Paris. 1 wicket for WA to win, 2 overs to survive for SA
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search