Domestic Season 2019/20.

Domestic Season 2019/20.

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Oh Tassie you had em by the throat and let go.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Decentric - 10 Dec 2019 8:40 AM
baggygreenmania - 10 Dec 2019 8:11 AM

Agree with every word, Baggers.

I disagree. An Australian cricketer will play roughly half his intl career at home. And he will play in SA, Eng and NZ too. 

Then Ind, Pak, SL and Ban.

It makes sense to not play much spin at home outside SCG.

NZ has half a turning ground. Thats it. Half of Hamilton. Nothing else spins. I dont follow SA domestic closely, but I doubt they're making many turning pitches ever or anywhere... England domestic turns late in the season at Worcester/Birmingham etc. But only late in the summer.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Paddles - 10 Dec 2019 12:26 PM
ThingyBob - 9 Dec 2019 11:47 PM

Its a different spin art if you even if you make turners. India is always going to be bouncing lower than Aus.

Ali absolutely outbowled Ashwin last year in England, cos it required hitting a footmark in between the grass and Ali just cut it in getting huge spin, Ashwin didn't have the accuracy or the revs when hitting the target with his more over spin action. He's used to hitting any line or length in India and getting turn. 

The answer is simply make some new McGill or Warne or Benaud or Tiger or Clarrie's ;)

Do you even have a Peter McIntyre playing FC now? Or a Hogg? I take it Zampa is still awful? Just checked 48 bowling average... Not good.

What happened to that Pope kid? With the long orange hair? 

He seems to be being **** canned too soon. He took a 5 for vs the Pakistanis at Perth.... On day 1.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19240/scorecard/1206143/cricket-australia-xi-vs-pakistanis-tour-match-pakistan-in-australia-2019-20

The ginja ninja? Playing Second X1 where else..
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 10 Dec 2019 3:54 PM
Oh Tassie you had em by the throat and let go.

True.

Our batting is substandard without Wade and maybe Paine.

In the second innings, Meredith shortened his run to 14-15 paces, instead of his standard 20 pace run up. He bowled much more accurately, but slower. SA hit a lot of snicks and thick edges for lucky runs off him, but not many good shots. I think he dismissed the dangerous Weatherald and Carey. 

Bell bowled a very, very good opening spell too. 

These two both took two quick wickets to have SA 4-34 chasing 170.

I just missed it, but after resuming at 88 NO overnight, McDermott only added another 1 before he was caught behind in the first few minutes of play. This cost Tassie the game.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 10 Dec 2019 3:58 PM
Paddles - 10 Dec 2019 12:26 PM

The ginja ninja? Playing Second X1 where else..

I think you mentioned Swepson's frustration, Baggers.

I brought it up for members to discuss again today. The ones with pay TV tended to have a different  perception from those who don't. Those in the  former category, have seen us play a lot of poor cricket in Asia.

Many with only FTA TV don't realise we are only a powerhouse in home conditions.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Another current grip for me is we have no red ball cricket at Bellerive until a tour game on Feb 15th.

Shield is in late Feb.

'Wack it' now takes over from cricket!

We have almost a three month summer break from FC red ball cricket at Bellerive - what a joke!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Only three more days before pure cricket returns. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 11 Feb 2020 12:36 PM

At least two days of the BLUES v VICS match may be be rain delayed. Sydney is going thru its biggest wet in three decades.
Edited
4 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 13 Feb 2020 9:54 AM

At least two days of the BLUES v VICS match may be be rain delayed. Sydney is going thru its biggest wet in three decades.

KW  I hope you at least join me for the resumption of  pure cricket.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:17 AM
baggygreenmania - 13 Feb 2020 9:54 AM

KW  I hope you at least join me for the resumption of  pure cricket.

I will be concentrating on the BLUES v VICS and TAS v QLD games.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:32 AM

Makes you wonder what those Shield players that were not involved in the BBL have been doing as prep for the remaining rounds.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

The Aussie selectors need to be watching carefully the performances of openers Bryce Street and Henry Hunt. Both look Test material imho. 

Hunt looks underdone. That sharpness he had before the momentum killing BBL break looks missing. Has he been actually playing any form of cricket?
Edited
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 11:27 AM

The Aussie selectors need to be watching carefully the performances of openers Bryce Street and Henry Hunt. Both look Test material imho. 

Hunt looks underdone. That sharpness he had before the momentum killing BBL break looks missing. Has he been actually playing any form of cricket?

Henry Hunt Baggers? Don't know much about about him personally but saw him get cleaned up against Neser within the first over in a game earlier in the year. Don't see much in him apart from the fact he's got the CA tick of approval which got him a contract with SA at the expense of a born and breed South Australian. Bryce Street on the other hand has out played both Burns and Labuchagne he may be one too watch. But very early to make that call.
Edited
4 Years Ago by MikeR
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker
Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)Hacker (481 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 10:32 AM

Why Baggers?????? NSW just keep producing those batting friendly pitches to get their batsmen a baggy green, they've already done it for their bowlers, now it's their batsmen turn, complete joke.. Look at the averages this year for NSW batsmen considering they play half their games in NSW, but as we have discussed before look at NSW batsmen away from home, they are really bad. Tasmania V Qld I can understand, but i'm going to bring forward a comment you made in the U19 thread, so bear with me Baggers.
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker

Your post from the U19 thread Baggers, I would like to discuss further, your quote Baggers

"I digress.. the young, promising cricketer has to have a solid apprenticeship before being given a free ticket for state level cricket. Cricket NSW erred by not giving Jason Sangha more time in Underage and Seconds cricket before giving him a state contract. Ditto with Jack Edwards and plenty before these two.. Those contracts shud've been handed to Henry Hunt or Macalister Wright or Lawrence Neil-Smith rather than leaving the door open for other states to poach them. These three wanna play cricket but they also need to make a living from it. When SACA and TCA bosses start waving state contracts at them.. they have no choice other than to accept."

I agree 100% on "duck boy" Sangha, but that is the problem with NSW bias media, they promote, and when they fail then they reject and they go on to the next best thing and in this case is Oliver Davis, NSW media and CA are just looking for the "next best thing" and once again he failed, but ultimately they will come across a winner, that's the just the law of averages, but have you noticed Baggers that the "next best thing" are always NSWmen?

Lawrence Neil-Smith comes with the CA tick of approval, has represented Australia in lower grades, etc etc. Tasmania threw him a contract based on this tick of approval. Neil-Smith in his first games for Tasmania, took 9 wickets @ 50. No wonder NSW won't play him, but he comes with that CA tick of approval so Tasmania offer him a 2 year contract, but who did he replace? Tasmanian born and bred Gabe Bell who after 19 matches has an amazing 72 wickets @ 24. 

Charlie Wakim is another reject from NSW, comes with the CA tick of approval yet apart from his 160 against SA last year has failed at every innings so far, no wonder NSW don't want him.

Macalister Wright another reject from NSW picked up by Tasmania, has failed so far what's he averaging 11????? He failed against QLD and He failed against SA.

What you refuse to understand Baggers, is that these rejects do keep Born and breed Tasmanians, who want to play for their state out of the side. You know that Owen Mitchell and Nicholas Davis from the last U19 tournament, who didn't play for Australia yet were amongst the leading run scorers in the comp , yet don't come with that all important tick of approval by CA. Tasmania is not the reject centre for NSW, they are causing them to lose, they can do better, Tasmania are proud they should pick Tasmanians over the the inferior imports from NSW.

Edited
4 Years Ago by MikeR
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker

But onto the first days play following the future of cricket T20, the unimportant Sheffield shield except to us dinosaurs

NSW presented a typical batsmen friendly wicket to promote their batsman, yet lost the toss so are chasing runs, yet Nathon Lyon the GOAT did take 3 wickets, and O'Keefe who NSW are promoting for the Australian tour of Bangladesh took 1, so he will be selected for that tour.

Queensland have already won their game bar weather, but with Burns and Labuchagne what do you expect, but it should be noted the best line and length bowler currently in Australia but will never play for Australia in Neser taking 4/18 what hope do Tasmania have.

But the game worth watching SA V WA is really good, Joel Paris is a great bowler averages 22 at FC level and a SR of 46 , how he is not replacing Hazelwood is beyond me. Clean bowling Cooper an international player is a mark of superiority.

PS Baggers, where are all the posters you said you would not be alone on this forum???? It seems to me that apart from you and me no-one cares. Admit it Baggers you miss me, when it come to Sheffield shield. You still want me banned from this site??????
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

MikeR - 14 Feb 2020 7:07 PM
Your post from the U19 thread Baggers, I would like to discuss further, your quote Baggers

"I digress.. the young, promising cricketer has to have a solid apprenticeship before being given a free ticket for state level cricket. Cricket NSW erred by not giving Jason Sangha more time in Underage and Seconds cricket before giving him a state contract. Ditto with Jack Edwards and plenty before these two.. Those contracts shud've been handed to Henry Hunt or Macalister Wright or Lawrence Neil-Smith rather than leaving the door open for other states to poach them. These three wanna play cricket but they also need to make a living from it. When SACA and TCA bosses start waving state contracts at them.. they have no choice other than to accept."

I agree 100% on "duck boy" Sangha, but that is the problem with NSW bias media, they promote, and when they fail then they reject and they go on to the next best thing and in this case is Oliver Davis, NSW media and CA are just looking for the "next best thing" and once again he failed, but ultimately they will come across a winner, that's the just the law of averages, but have you noticed Baggers that the "next best thing" are always NSWmen?

Lawrence Neil-Smith comes with the CA tick of approval, has represented Australia in lower grades, etc etc. Tasmania threw him a contract based on this tick of approval. Neil-Smith in his first games for Tasmania, took 9 wickets @ 50. No wonder NSW won't play him, but he comes with that CA tick of approval so Tasmania offer him a 2 year contract, but who did he replace? Tasmanian born and bred Gabe Bell who after 19 matches has an amazing 72 wickets @ 24. 

Charlie Wakim is another reject from NSW, comes with the CA tick of approval yet apart from his 160 against SA last year has failed at every innings so far, no wonder NSW don't want him.

Macalister Wright another reject from NSW picked up by Tasmania, has failed so far what's he averaging 11????? He failed against QLD and He failed against SA.

What you refuse to understand Baggers, is that these rejects do keep Born and breed Tasmanians, who want to play for their state out of the side. You know that Owen Mitchell and Nicholas Davis from the last U19 tournament, who didn't play for Australia yet were amongst the leading run scorers in the comp , yet don't come with that all important tick of approval by CA. Tasmania is not the reject centre for NSW, they are causing them to lose, they can do better, Tasmania are proud they should pick Tasmanians over the the inferior imports from NSW, yet sometimes they will come across a QUEENSLANDER such as Ben McDermott that will give them strength, but ultimately Ben was a reject from a superior cricket state who are extremely happy to help Tasmania, just like Shane Watson, we are Brothers, we are true Australians

I will reply tomorrow Mike. Just wanna say that your mob are so arcey in winning tosses on Gabba greentops. 
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 7:32 PM

I will reply to your bulky post tomorrow Mike. Just wanna say that your mob are so arsey in winning tosses on Gabba greentops. Then having your attack clean up oppositions cheaply in your conditions. I never really wanted you banned for the same reasons you have alluded to Mike.

Edited
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker

baggygreenmania - 14 Feb 2020 7:35 PM

Edited
4 Years Ago by MikeR
MikeR
MikeR
Hacker

I will reply tomorrow Mike. Just wanna say that your mob are so arcey in winning tosses on Gabba greentops. 

Arsey??? Really Baggers? They have Jackson Bird ( an Australian rep), Gabe Bell, and Sam Rainbird. They really are good bowlers, How much do you think a pitch changes in 3 hours, Qld have already scored Tasmania's first innings in 1 day and lead by 37 runs. for the loss of 2 wickets, arsey, you're so frustrating Baggers, if not from NSW they mean nothing to you. NSW only make up 35% of the population that 4 players in the Australian side from NSW But I'll give you 5. Warner, Smith, Cummins, Lyon, Starc
Edited
4 Years Ago by MikeR
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

MikeR - 14 Feb 2020 8:02 PM

Arsey??? Really Baggers? They have Jackson Bird ( an Australian rep), Gabe Bell, and Sam Rainbird. They really are good bowlers, How much do you think a pitch changes in 3 hours, Qld have already scored Tasmania's first innings in 1 day and lead by 37 runs. for the loss of 2 wickets, arsey, you're so frustrating Baggers, if not from NSW they mean nothing to you. NSW only make up 35% of the population that 4 players in the Australian side from NSW But I'll give you 5. Warner, Smith, Cummins, Lyon, Starc

stuff this bloody site. I posted twice and lost  both. Do again later.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

you're so frustrating Baggers, if not from NSW they mean nothing to you.

I have told you many times in the past Mike I am not Blues biased. I may push them but I also push players from other states that take my fancy. I love Australian cricket. I want Australian cricket strong. I want the best players wearing the Baggy Green regardless where they are from. So I am returning the "compliment" it is you who are so "frustrating" mate.

What is this CA "tick of approval" crap . Charlie Wakim. do me a favor. Barely played Seconds. Lawrence Neil-Smith also. But I rate this quick. I like his attitude. His figures are already improving. I'm not calling Mac Wright a tick of approval boy. Not even sure he played national underage. Or Henry Hunt for that matter. CA tick of approvals mostly come from successful underage U17/19 comps. . et al Oliver Davies.

Tasmania is not the reject centre for NSW, they are causing them to lose, they can do better, Tasmania are proud they should pick Tasmanians over the the inferior imports from NSW, yet sometimes they will come across a QUEENSLANDER such as Ben McDermott that will give them strength.

You are deluded Mike. Any bloke who averages @28 in FC cricket is not adding strength to Tassie. Dont get me wrong I rate McDermott  but he is finding it hard to replicate what he does at List A. Needs to polish his technique. Tassie has always been the reject centre for excess NSW players. The reason being Tassie's small population and therefore small talent pool and the Blues massive talent pool.  Wright only played the two Shield games with little success but I can tell you he has made some important knocks since coming into the Tigers side. His white ball cricket differs little from his red ball. He looks quality.. specially against spin. Did you watch Hunt's 75 in the first Shield round and his 132 in the 4th round. All class. You say technique does not count. Well for me it does and Henry Hunt and Mac Wright have solid ones.. as does Bryce Street. I am making the call now Hunt and Street will open for Australia within three years. I am still not writing off Matt Renshaw tho. He may need tho to move to another state to recover his mojo..

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

C'mom KW we want your imput mate.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Blues pace attack is showing little teeth. Oh for Cummins and Hazlewood. Lyon bowled with some guile.. SOK lucky.

Without Meredith the Tigers attack also toothless. Bird started poorly but improved later. He needs support otherwise Mike's mob will have this won by day three.

When are SACA going to produce challenging decks at Adelaide. Unless you get wickets with the hard new cherry get ready for a long haul in the field.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 15 Feb 2020 12:27 PM
Blues pace attack is showing little teeth. Oh for Cummins and Hazlewood. Lyon bowled with some guile.. SOK lucky.

Without Meredith the Tigers attack is also toothless. Bird started poorly but improved later. He needs support otherwise Mike's mob will have this won by day three.

When are SACA going to produce challenging decks at Adelaide. Unless you get wickets with the hard new cherry get ready for a long haul in the field.

The rest of the bowlers need to support Bird to keep this score manageable. How long is Meredith out DC.  Bell and Rainbird  are middling bowlers. Surely Tassie has better. Where are all the l/l merchants. Neil-Smith has impressed me. Why is he not playing. 

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Well they have. I have not seen movement like this from an Adelaide deck for yonks.  Redback pacers Nick Winter, Chadd Sayers and Dan Worrall gave the West Aussie batsmen a complete examination by swinging the nut both ways and moving it off the seam. Is a Dukes ball being used or the new Kooka?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Haven't been following it, as I've been watching British Lions V Aus Eleven at Bellerive, but Tassie really struggling against Queensland.

With depth issues, it  doesn't  help having Wade away with the ODI team. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 15 Feb 2020 2:33 PM
baggygreenmania - 15 Feb 2020 12:27 PM

The rest of the bowlers need to support Bird to keep this score manageable. How long is Meredith out DC.  Bell and Rainbird  are middling bowlers. Surely Tassie has better. Where are all the l/l merchants. Neil-Smith has impressed me. Why is he not playing. 

I thought Meredith was supposed to be back by now, Baggers.

We don't have  better than Bell and Rainbird, but the latter has stagnated in the last few seasons.
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Thankfully.
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

MikeR - 14 Feb 2020 7:32 PM

Queensland have already won their game bar weather, but with Burns and Labuchagne what do you expect, but it should be noted the best line and length bowler currently in Australia but will never play for Australia in Neser taking 4/18 what hope do Tasmania have.

Neser continues to impress. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search