India vs the Saffers

India vs the Saffers

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 8 Oct 2019 2:12 PM
baggygreenmania - 6 Oct 2019 4:13 PM

Saffers lived up to their reputation as the game's biggest chokers. 

Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Saffers choked big time. 

Uhmmm, I think they exceeded in the first innings to be fair. I don't think they choked. They were smashed in SL, and had a stronger team then. 

India is a tough place to win, only Pakistan has managed it regularly of late.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Paddles - 9 Oct 2019 5:50 PM

Uhmmm, I think they exceeded in the first innings to be fair. I don't think they choked. They were smashed in SL, and had a stronger team then. 

India is a tough place to win, only Pakistan has managed it regularly of late.

This Test is following the same pattern as the last one... Saffers getting a proper hiding and showing their ineptitude against spin ..specially. Philander is batting better than the batsmen. Embarrassing. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
baggygreenmania - 13 Oct 2019 7:56 PM
Paddles - 9 Oct 2019 5:50 PM

This Test is following the same pattern as the last one... Saffers getting a proper hiding and showing their ineptitude against spin ..specially. Philander is batting better than the batsmen. Embarrassing. 

I just read that india have won 11 successive series at home.

The Indian keeper, Saha, looks a lot better than Pant.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

Saffers choked big time. 

I wouldn't have thought they are the biggest chokers, Baggers.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Decentric - 13 Oct 2019 10:31 PM

I wouldn't have thought they are the biggest chokers, Baggers.

That's their WC reputation. It all started with some rain in Sydney in 1992. There was rain in Auckland in 2015. There was one cup they got the DL score to the batsmen on the pitch wrong.

They have been very very very unlucky. At WC's, but in 1999 they were the best team at the World Cup. Everyone knew it. And Aus beat them 1 run, then tied the semi and went through by virtue of beating them the game before. Aus won the first of 3 back to back cups, but everyone knew SA choked that one.

Gibbs was infamously told by Steve Waugh "you just dropped the world cup". Waugh denies saying it. But SA choked big time in 1999. Think the Kluesner Donald run out. They had both games in the bag. And folded.

But its rather fitting that 3 of the greatest ODI games ever are SA v Aus. And its 1 all with a tie. SA won the 430 game and broke Aus' world record score in the second innings, Gibbs got 90 odd. You 2 nations have produced some cracking matches. You may prefer beating England, but as a neutral, SA were the only bowling unit to push you outside Asia. Only SA (or NZ with a fit Bond) could regularly get remotely close to your wonder side.

Tbh, SA v Aus was a match everyone looked forward too in the cricket world. Regardless of who they supported. Such was the respect of the Saffir bowlers, and the enitre Aus team.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Rohit carving up the Saffers again on Indian roads. This Test has a distinct look of deja vu at stumps on first day.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search