Phoenix eye treacherous A-League schedule [Comments]

Phoenix eye treacherous A-League schedule [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Click bait headline, but we'll know how they stand after their next 4 matches. The chasing pack (WU, AU and BR) will all have the same number of games  as WP after Round 21. The extra games they have at the moment gives them an unrealistic position relative to the pack. In that time BR will similarly play the top 3 and WU. I wouldn't be surprised to see us at least level with WP by then.
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

[
Footballking55 - 25 Jan 2020 8:53 AM

Footballking55 - 25 Jan 2020 8:53 AM
Click bait headline, but we'll know how they stand after their next 4 matches. The chasing pack (WU, AU and BR) will all have the same number of games  as WP after Round 21. The extra games they have at the moment gives them an unrealistic position relative to the pack. In that time BR will similarly play the top 3 and WU. I wouldn't be surprised to see us at least level with WP by then.

Even if the teams behind them won all the games in hand that the Phoenix have the Phoenix would still be 4th. Only adelaide could catch them and they'd have to win the next two games by six goals. There is nothing inflated about the Phoenix ladder position. The only team you could say is inflated is city relative to Perth.

Edited
4 Years Ago by RyanM
No Mates
No Mates
Super Fan
Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
This is where we see the Nix crumble and get knocked out of the top 6 buy the likes of Roar and AUFC. We had a good run but nothing last forever.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

n0mates - 25 Jan 2020 12:23 PM
This is where we see the Nix crumble and get knocked out of the top 6 buy the likes of Roar and AUFC. We had a good run but nothing last forever.

To be honest Nix look the best of the rest after the top 3 so I struggle to see them missing out on the 6. But they’re certainly wobbling a bit lately, at least in terms of performance 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

n0mates - 25 Jan 2020 12:23 PM

I thought the real nomates spelled a lot better than this. Just saying...

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

dunnix
dunnix
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

The bye couldn't've come at a better time for us - Last few weeks haven't been great.

Now we have time to get Piscopo back in the squad, let Davila go home to be with his wife and new baby, and let everyone take a day or two off to get their heads right & some life back in the legs.
No Mates
No Mates
Super Fan
Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)Super Fan (166 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Nix deserve a home final this season but I just don't see that happening. I think Adelaide will knock us out of 4th while Roar and WU will knock us out of the top 6.

Wellington Phoenix FC

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search