Coronavirus crisis / opportunity

Coronavirus crisis / opportunity

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fantastic article here by Bonita.

https://footballtoday.news/features/coronavirus-crisis-presents-an-opportunity-to-get-football-governance-fit-for-purpose

Member since 2008.

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I agree a crisis like this presents opportunities, but re governance, it was re-structured 18 months ago, what do people think will happen so quickly in that regard?
Unless the whole thing collapses on itself and we have to start again - but who would be wishing that??

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

bettega - 29 Mar 2020 7:30 PM

I agree a crisis like this presents opportunities, but re governance, it was re-structured 18 months ago, what do people think will happen so quickly in that regard?
Unless the whole thing collapses on itself and we have to start again - but who would be wishing that??

Restructuring of state feds not the FFA.

Member since 2008.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Mar 2020 7:41 PM

This
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Good read and backed with data as usual.
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Don't the state feds control about 55% of the congress?
As I said, governance reform happened 18 months ago.
There is zero chance of what you are suggesting happening, zero chance.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

bettega - 29 Mar 2020 11:22 PM

Don't the state feds control about 55% of the congress?
As I said, governance reform happened 18 months ago.
There is zero chance of what you are suggesting happening, zero chance.

where do the state feds get funding from?

bettega
bettega
World Class

inala brah - 30 Mar 2020 10:09 AM
bettega - 29 Mar 2020 11:22 PM

where do the state feds get funding from?

I'd say a large chunk of it is from registration fees, and yes, they are going to take a hit, although I would add that a few of the state feds have bigger cash reserves than the FFA.
Regardless, they currently control about 55% of congress, are people really expecting the state feds to vote that 55% away a mere 18 months after we went through governance reform?

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I see as the impending collapse more of an opportunity to return back to the grass roots with real clubs like SMFC. 

I hope Foxtell pull out of the deal. Time for a few reality checks all round. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
bettega
bettega
World Class

mouflonrouge - 30 Mar 2020 5:15 PM
I see as the impending collapse more of an opportunity to return back to the grass roots with real clubs like SMFC. 

I too hope it's an opportunity for South Melbourne to make a return, and not before time.

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Who will fund the league with Lowy and Foxtel gone?
bettega
bettega
World Class

thekingmb - 30 Mar 2020 5:27 PM

we're going to have to find a new partner
might mean less revenue
so we have to cut all costs to an affordable level
might mean half of all playing lists are semi-pro and youth players

Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

I look forward to real clubs with real histories like Sutherland, Redlands and Adamstown returning. 

Beaten by Eldar

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

thekingmb - 30 Mar 2020 5:27 PM

its exciting TBH if and when we can back to some form of normality.
There will always be someone looking at opportunities, always.

Love Football

JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Perfect time to set up pro/rel/2nd tier once a league 2.0 gets back underway..we wont have much more to lose at this stage.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bettega - 30 Mar 2020 10:42 AM
inala brah - 30 Mar 2020 10:09 AM

I'd say a large chunk of it is from registration fees, and yes, they are going to take a hit, although I would add that a few of the state feds have bigger cash reserves than the FFA.
Regardless, they currently control about 55% of congress, are people really expecting the state feds to vote that 55% away a mere 18 months after we went through governance reform?

Why would they vote anything away with the way the Congress is set up.  They are responsible for 96% of the competitions, clubs and registered players in Australia.

The Congress that was set up is an ass.  It was set up with voting blocks when the Annual Meeting of Congress shouldn't be about making decisions but rather it should be about affirming decisions made within the organisation that were arrived at through ongoing consultation with stakeholders as should happen in a representative democracy and it should be about discussion of major issues to get a sense of the wider views of football that can be taken back into the organisation to assist in the development of policy, regulations and the making of decisions.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

With all of this, this is the perfect time for a full reset on the game.

From how the independent Aleague is set up to the linking of the NSD to the NPL system.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

That too.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Barca4Life - 31 Mar 2020 11:37 AM
With all of this, this is the perfect time for a full reset on the game.

From how the independent Aleague is set up to the linking of the NSD to the NPL system.

And the NPL system down to Capital/City leagues. The lack of pro/rel is not just a HAL thing. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search