Brand new non toxic positive forward looking fans only needed

Brand new non toxic positive forward looking fans only needed

Author
libelous
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Anyone like to contribute to some constructive discussion. Sick of the negativity. I'll kick it off by saying give the new CEO some time to formulate some plans for moving forward. He has come in at a horrendous time for Australian football and nitpicking does no one any good.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Brave wo/man. Asking for the trolls to wade in. 

JJ looks capable of dealing with the politics of the various stakeholders, unlike Lowy/Gallop who just rode over other people’s opinions. In the long term that will deliver results. 

In the short term JJ still has to deal with a backlog of issues left over from Gallop who looks to have done sweet-FA in his last year in post. This will cause some short term pain but once JJ starts delivering that will subside 

libelous
libelous
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Waz - 6 Jun 2020 6:31 AM

JJ looks capable of dealing with the politics of the various stakeholders, unlike Lowy/Gallop who just rode over other people’s opinions. In the long term that will deliver results. 

In the short term JJ still has to deal with a backlog of issues left over from Gallop who looks to have done sweet-FA in his last year in post. This will cause some short term pain but once JJ starts delivering that will subside 

I care not for trolls, they are just like mud on the bottom of your shoes.

Agree, Gallop appears to have done nothing since Steven Lowy left, a few million dollars wasted there. I think JJ will deliver for football but he needs time. Whilst I realise ‘disagree with whatever management says ‘ is the default position for many posters I would like to encourage a more positive discussion on Australian football going forward.  

Maybe ‘pie in the sky ‘ stuff but still worth aiming for.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

libelous - 6 Jun 2020 6:59 PM

I care not for trolls, they are just like mud on the bottom of your shoes.

Agree, Gallop appears to have done nothing since Steven Lowy left, a few million dollars wasted there. I think JJ will deliver for football but he needs time. Whilst I realise ‘disagree with whatever management says ‘ is the default position for many posters I would like to encourage a more positive discussion on Australian football going forward.  

Maybe ‘pie in the sky ‘ stuff but still worth aiming for.

If JJ can navigate the current tv deal renegotiations and keep the clubs on board it’ll be a huge din for him, that and delivering on independence 
Jegga7698
Jegga7698
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)

Waz - 6 Jun 2020 7:01 PM
libelous - 6 Jun 2020 6:59 PM

If JJ can navigate the current tv deal renegotiations and keep the clubs on board it’ll be a huge din for him, that and delivering on independence 

If we are negotiating tv rights deal then why can't there be independence now?
libelous
libelous
Amateur

Jegga7698 - 6 Jun 2020 7:09 PM
Waz - 6 Jun 2020 7:01 PM

If we are negotiating tv rights deal then why can't there be independence now?

I think FFA are only negotiating what Fox will pay for the ‘hub games’ that will end the current season. Beyond that is something that, hopefully,  can be negotiated in favour of football, be that severance of the Fox contract or continuance at a favourable rate  for football.
After all a contract is a contract and Fox should not be allowed to walk away without suitable compensation to FFA.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I think the most positive thing about JJ is his background with FIFA and AFC. Moving forward using those contacts will be very important.  
Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

patjennings - 7 Jun 2020 12:55 AM

I think the most positive thing about JJ is his background with FIFA and AFC. Moving forward using those contacts will be very important.  

JJ on tv doesn’t make my skin crawl like gallop did. Gotta be a positive. He will struggle with government support though I feel this might be a weak link but not with coronavirus all sports will struggle and we need strong leadership in that department. Nikou looks even worse in that regards 
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

This new age non toxic thread seems to be full of bad news and problems, if this is the good news, no wonder the game is stuffed!

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

patjennings - 7 Jun 2020 12:55 AM

The new FFA has been dormant for 20 months and it would be hard to believe it was waiting for a JJ type to  come in do something, which so far has been nothing.

In a resort somewhere

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I think its good that the new regime has made pretty clear its vision for the game for the next 15-20 years. Sure it doesn't involve any plans for pro-rel, and maybe not even a proper NSD, but its always comforting to know where leadership stands...
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Fark.  How good would it be if the FFA came out with something positive about the future.  I mean anything would do. 

Member since 2008.

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Couldn't help yourselves. What is the topic title?
Edited
4 Years Ago by patjennings
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search