Australian Transfer Movements Season 20-21

Australian Transfer Movements Season 20-21

Author
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
soccerfoo - 10 Jan 2021 10:06 AM
charlied - 10 Jan 2021 9:55 AM

Jovanovic probably slower. Bulls want to play a high press, all the best with that.

I can't believe how low and high many pundits seem to rate Roar and Bulls respectively.  They were handed a point by referring yesterday. I'm not at all convinced by Milicic as a coach or the way history team it's set up. I noted yesterday how spiky he was when questioned pre match about Rose playing on the left. He was an unlikeable character as a player, and he's continuing to be hard to like as a coach. 

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

charlied - 10 Jan 2021 10:17 AM

I can't believe how low and high many pundits seem to rate Roar and Bulls respectively.  They were handed a point by referring yesterday. I'm not at all convinced by Milicic as a coach or the way history team it's set up. I noted yesterday how spiky he was when questioned pre match about Rose playing on the left. He was an unlikeable character as a player, and he's continuing to be hard to like as a coach. 

Mind you Milicic made the right adjustment by moving La Rose to the right side. Got to see him in a real game situation on the left first.
Roar have a team that should finish in the top three. It's their depth that may undermine their campaign.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Agree about Milicic. This is his big chance to show what he's got but so far not looking good. Didn't think he did much with the Matilda's. Inherited a really good team with huge potential and certainly didn't improve the way they played. Still early days for the Bulls. But pressure will already be building on Milicic.
Lucky for the Matilda's I reckon. Looking forward to seeing what Gustavsson can do with this team.
Edited
3 Years Ago by richv
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

soccerfoo - 10 Jan 2021 10:05 AM
Waz - 10 Jan 2021 9:26 AM

Not much after those two.

I am struggling to think who the third choice CB would be - probably Courtney-Perkins then Hingert? 

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Waz - 10 Jan 2021 11:00 AM
soccerfoo - 10 Jan 2021 10:05 AM

I am struggling to think who the third choice CB would be - probably Courtney-Perkins then Hingert? 

Kai Trewin and Courtney-Perkins. More like whats happened to Oskar Dillon?
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

richv - 10 Jan 2021 10:35 AM

Agree about Milicic. This is his big chance to show what he's got but so far not looking good. Didn't think he did much with the Matilda's. Inherited a really good team with huge potential and certainly didn't improve the way they played. Still early days for the Bulls. But pressure will already be building on Milicic.
Lucky for the Matilda's I reckon. Looking forward to seeing what Gustavsson can do with this team.

He’s been poor whenever he’s coached. Youth teams and Matildas. We’ve seen what’s happened vs. CCM and Nix many times before. I think Macarthur have created 1 clear cut chance in 3 games. That’s really poor. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Will be interesting to see how much rope Milicic gets in terms of poor results 

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

charlied - 10 Jan 2021 11:31 AM

Will be interesting to see how much rope Milicic gets in terms of poor results 

I kinda hope he does well. But I fear he falls in to the group of young Aussie coaches who believed in the National Curriculum approach like religious zealots and got jobs on that basis, not ability as a coach 
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

Milicic in his playing days seemed like a good bloke (at least at Socceroos training anyway)
charlied
charlied
Pro

DandyCasey - 10 Jan 2021 1:02 PM
Milicic in his playing days seemed like a good bloke (at least at Socceroos training anyway)

Yeah I shouldn't have posted that. Internet horseshite. 
Apologies Anton. 
charlied
charlied
Pro

Waz - 10 Jan 2021 11:37 AM
charlied - 10 Jan 2021 11:31 AM

I kinda hope he does well. But I fear he falls in to the group of young Aussie coaches who believed in the National Curriculum approach like religious zealots and got jobs on that basis, not ability as a coach 

His squad got big raps but the team looks slow and old on the park. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

As I mentioned yesterday in the match thread, they dont seem to have the right combinations to get the best out of their playing squad.

To be fair im sure Milicic will learn from this squad quickly which do work and what others dont.

They certainly lack fluidity when they try to create chances and defensively on transition they look on the slow side.

Still early days but similar problems to Western United's debut last season.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Fran Karacic linked to mid table Serie B side Brescia. They are expected to sell their right back to a Serie A side and Karacic is the rumoured replacement.

I vaguely remember him being linked to Italy like 2 years a go so it might just be journos digging up old rumours since Brescia are selling their right back.

https://pianetaserieb.it/calciomercato/calciomercato-brescia-sabelli-karacic/amp/

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
moofa - 11 Jan 2021 10:06 AM
Fran Karacic linked to mid table Serie B side Brescia. They are expected to sell their right back to a Serie A side and Karacic is the rumoured replacement.

I vaguely remember him being linked to Italy like 2 years a go so it might just be journos digging up old rumours since Brescia are selling their right back.

https://pianetaserieb.it/calciomercato/calciomercato-brescia-sabelli-karacic/amp/

Awesome, hope it happens.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

paladisious - 11 Jan 2021 10:11 AM
moofa - 11 Jan 2021 10:06 AM

Awesome, hope it happens.

Italy love shopping in those parts. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Bush telegraph quite hot linking Irvine to Hibs. Main thing is to start playing again. I'd prefer England but if he's happy there and playing then that's fine. 
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Any news/rumours on Mat Ryan yet?
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

johnszasz - 11 Jan 2021 10:41 AM
Bush telegraph quite hot linking Irvine to Hibs. Main thing is to start playing again. I'd prefer England but if he's happy there and playing then that's fine. 

Interesting last i heard they were after him but he priced himself out of it
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Brighton want £10m for Ryan.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Good and glover have resigned for another season at city 
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Korean media reporting Rhyan Grant has signed with Pohang. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

sportaddict - 12 Jan 2021 9:40 PM

Big blow for Sydney.

I rate Harry van der Saag and have been impressed when I’ve seen him but is he good enough to be a regular starter?
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

sportaddict - 12 Jan 2021 9:40 PM

Isn't that Alex Grant?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Yeah fairly sure that’s Alex Grant.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Bowden - 12 Jan 2021 10:04 PM
Yeah fairly sure that’s Alex Grant.

Oh yeah you are right. I remember that rumour from a while back.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I wish ryhan grant would leave Sydney and try another club 
Avoxtionly
Avoxtionly
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

Fran Karacic has arrived in Italy ahead of his reported move to Brescia. He will take his medical today with the move rumored to cost one million euros. 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Jackson Irvine to Hibs confirmed, although it’s only a short-term deal for remaining 4 months of the season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jackson-irvine-is-a-hibee
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Avoxtionly - 12 Jan 2021 11:32 PM
Fran Karacic has arrived in Italy ahead of his reported move to Brescia. He will take his medical today with the move rumored to cost one million euros. 

Surely this guy has to be back in Socceroo calculations? Brescia are quite a big club.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Great move for Fran, hopefully he gets a look in now. We building some good depth in our backline.
Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search