Australian Transfer Movements Season 20-21

Australian Transfer Movements Season 20-21

Author
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sub007 - 2 Feb 2021 1:19 PM
ctrl - 2 Feb 2021 1:09 PM

It’s Liridon Krasniqi, a former Kosovo international who has taken up Malaysian citizenship.

Yeah, his name escaped me at the time. I meant to say I hadn't found any update on that rumour.  
PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

ctrl - 2 Feb 2021 1:09 PM
If Malaysian Twitter is to be believed, Indonesian whiz kid Syahrian Abimanyu is en route to Oz to link up with Jets for the remainder of the season on loan from Johor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcoNegeri/status/1356263633605382147

Not sure about the Albanian who was also rumored from the same club. 

@subo007 has already said who it is, which is good. I think the Jets probably found out how much he is paid by Johor and realized they couldn't afford him :laugh: He'd be on a great wage there, that's for sure.

Edited
3 Years Ago by PIFA
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

Looks like Ayrn Williams may have received clearance to play for National League South club Havant and Waterlooville
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Adelaide are apparently signing an import.

https://twitter.com/Val61/status/1356791758839894016

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

sub007 - 3 Feb 2021 2:02 PM

Craig Goodwin ??
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

soccerfoo - 3 Feb 2021 2:33 PM

Craig Goodwin ??

An attacking midfielder would be our first priority but he would be an amazing signing, especially as Halloran is our only winger who’s good enough to be a starter.
sub007
sub007
World Class

We are close to singing a couple of players.

If we manage to somehow sign Goodwin and a visa AM, I’ll cream myself.
Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
Podiacide
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

Sam Silvera has had his loan to Portugese 2nd division side Casa Pia cut short and has now been loaned to 3rd division side AD Sanjoanese. Probably not a good sign but he only played 4 times for Casa Pia.

Does anyone know how to search transfermarkt latest transfers section just for Australians? Around end of transfer window there are just so many postings there its easy to miss the Aussies listed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/samuel-silvera/profil/spieler/680531

sub007
sub007
World Class

Sydney FC defender Anton Mlinaric is on trial at Dinamo Zagreb.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Dario ‘Videos’ Vidosic has signed for Moreland Zebras.
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Liridon Krasniqi and Syahrian Abimanyu confirmed to Jets on loan. You'd have to think something is afoot on the ownership front? Bot players also have absolutely massive online presence (pushing 500k followers on IG), so it'll be interesting to see the knock-on effect. 

Here's what Rob Cornthwaite had to say about Krasniqi: "One of the most famous foreigners to ever play in Malaysia. This bloke has the potential to light up this league if he wants to. He won’t be dull."

https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/liridon-krasniqi-joins-jets-202021-season
https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/syahrian-abimanyu-joins-jets-202021-season

ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro

Already seeing a ton of engagement from Malaysia and Indonesia on the signing announcements. Let's hope they can play a bit too. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

sub007 - 3 Feb 2021 3:21 PM

We are close to singing a couple of players.

If we manage to somehow sign Goodwin and a visa AM, I’ll cream myself.

Yeah sign a 38 year old nobody playing in Uzbekistan and then drop Mauk and Caletti.. dont let D'Arrigo any game time at all either.

fucking plebs.
PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

ctrl - 5 Feb 2021 3:37 PM
Liridon Krasniqi and Syahrian Abimanyu confirmed to Jets on loan. You'd have to think something is afoot on the ownership front? Bot players also have absolutely massive online presence (pushing 500k followers on IG), so it'll be interesting to see the knock-on effect. 

Here's what Rob Cornthwaite had to say about Krasniqi: "One of the most famous foreigners to ever play in Malaysia. This bloke has the potential to light up this league if he wants to. He won’t be dull."

https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/liridon-krasniqi-joins-jets-202021-season
https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/news/syahrian-abimanyu-joins-jets-202021-season

I'd probably agree with this, he was absolutely immense for Kedah, it was way too easy for him there. With him ending up at Johor, it would've only gotten easier too, as they're such a well oiled machine. The biggest 'if' for him is whether or not he gets the time on the ball that he likes to have, as he can dwell on it a bit at times. He has the ability, there's no doubting about that, but the games here are played at a much higher intensity than they are in Malaysia.

Regarding the Indonesian boy, I haven't seen any of him, so can't comment on him. Mentioned a page or two back that a former teammate of his that I know has said he has a big future in the game, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Good on the Jets for signing players from the ASEAN region: hopefully there's more to come in the not too distant future.

sub007
sub007
World Class

jas88 - 5 Feb 2021 4:52 PM

Yeah sign a 38 year old nobody playing in Uzbekistan and then drop Mauk and Caletti.. dont let D'Arrigo any game time at all either.

fucking plebs.

Mauk is captain and is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Caletti on the other hand has been absolutely terrible since round one and I would give him mutual unless he significantly improves. As far as I can see, a fair chunk of the fan base has already turned on him.

ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro

PIFA - 5 Feb 2021 4:56 PM
ctrl - 5 Feb 2021 3:37 PM

I'd probably agree with this, he was absolutely immense for Kedah, it was way too easy for him there. With him ending up at Johor, it would've only gotten easier too, as they're such a well oiled machine. The biggest 'if' for him is whether or not he gets the time on the ball that he likes to have, as he can dwell on it a bit at times. He has the ability, there's no doubting about that, but the games here are played at a much higher intensity than they are in Malaysia.

Regarding the Indonesian boy, I haven't seen any of him, so can't comment on him. Mentioned a page or two back that a former teammate of his that I know has said he has a big future in the game, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Good on the Jets for signing players from the ASEAN region: hopefully there's more to come in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the insight! Yeah, I'm glad to see us recruiting from Southeast Asia. I currently live in these parts, so I know how much talent there is. Both players look like they potentially have a lot to offer, on and off the pitch. 

At the end of last season we were getting all our players through the Carl Robinson agent connection, so I'm wondering if there is something up with this. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

This would be great if more aleague clubs did this, this is a probably another reason why we should adopt the 3+1 as well.

For me yes have quality foreign players as they can make a difference but we still have too many foreign players that aren’t any better than the average local player, especially with the amount of young players that broken through.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

ctrl - 5 Feb 2021 5:13 PM
PIFA - 5 Feb 2021 4:56 PM

Thanks for the insight! Yeah, I'm glad to see us recruiting from Southeast Asia. I currently live in these parts, so I know how much talent there is. Both players look like they potentially have a lot to offer, on and off the pitch. 

At the end of last season we were getting all our players through the Carl Robinson agent connection, so I'm wondering if there is something up with this. 

I wonder what this means for Najjarine here, does he go into his position as the No.10 or does he play someone else? Interesting signing for the Jets.
PIFA
PIFA
Hacker

Barca4Life - 5 Feb 2021 11:01 PM
This would be great if more aleague clubs did this, this is a probably another reason why we should adopt the 3+1 as well.

For me yes have quality foreign players as they can make a difference but we still have too many foreign players that aren’t any better than the average local player, especially with the amount of young players that broken through.

I agree on this. The days of A-League clubs signing foreigners from the Brazilian lower leagues, Spanish lower leagues, and so on should be done with. A lot of the foreigners that we've seem over the years have been absolute rubbish, and the beauty of a signing from the SE-Asian region is the fandom that they bring with them. Look at some of the Indonesian clubs social media page figures for instance:

Persib Bandung - 9.7 million followers
Sriwijaya FC - 1.6 millions followers - This team is in the second tier!
Persija Jakarta - 1.1 million followers

There's also numerous other pages of Indonesian clubs with between 100k-300k followers too. Penang FA signed Ryuji Utomo on a loan deal from Persija Jakarta, and their social media pages exploded in activity due to the amount of conversation that it generated.

I can't be bothered to go and get the figures of the Malay, Thai or Vietnamese clubs social media followings, but they'd also be extremely high. If we can find a way to engage the fans of these nations, by signing some of their better players, who are more than good enough: we'll be doing very well. The problem that we're going to have is affording the better players, largely due to the salary cap. The better Thai national team players are earning $30-50k/month before bonuses to stay in Thailand for instance. That being said, if you convert their signing into income generated: you're onto something there. It'd all come down to money ultimately, and that's a shame, as it'd be a big boost to the potential audience of the league.

Barca4Life - 5 Feb 2021 11:02 PM
ctrl - 5 Feb 2021 5:13 PM

I wonder what this means for Najjarine here, does he go into his position as the No.10 or does he play someone else? Interesting signing for the Jets.

You'd probably shift Najjarine into the 10, although having just watched Syahrian Abimanyu's video, it looks like he can play centrally too. Also appears to have a great left foot, and be dangerous from set-piece situations. I'm genuinely intrigued by this signing, and look forward to seeing how it pans out. It may work, it may not, but the Jets are going to benefit from increased exposure to the region thanks to the signings that they've made.

sub007
sub007
World Class

Josh Cavallo has been released by WU and is apparently training with Adelaide.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

fucking plebs.

Mauk won't be dropped he is our captain.
Unlikely D'arrigo won't play

Caletti is an ok squaddie at best - no amount of game time will make him more than that.

Goodwin is an Adelaide boy.

Imagine complaining about Adelaide not playing young players enough anyway ffs
We have so many of them and half the other teams' u/23 players are from here too.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Davide82
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 10 Feb 2021 5:01 PM

Caletti is an ok squaddie at best - no amount of game time will make him more than that.

I applaud AU for what they have done the last few years with youth. I just don't understand why you want to sway from that and sign a random CAM from some bang average league when you could develop someone or sign another young aussie and bring them home like western united and marcathur have,

Tyrese Francois? Ryan Lambert? Zak Gilsenan? Thomas Prinsen? All young and would come home and excel on loan.

You really wanna sign a 37 year old who's playing in thailand or malaysia instead?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

jas88 - 10 Feb 2021 5:25 PM

I applaud AU for what they have done the last few years with youth. I just don't understand why you want to sway from that and sign a random CAM from some bang average league when you could develop someone or sign another young aussie and bring them home like western united and marcathur have,

Tyrese Francois? Ryan Lambert? Zak Gilsenan? Thomas Prinsen? All young and would come home and excel on loan.

You really wanna sign a 37 year old who's playing in thailand or malaysia instead?

Is that what we are doing? I must have missed that......it's not usually our style of foreigner either (outside Romario aha).

I agree with you in theory but you also need a balance.

If we play with 7 u/21s starting every week we will continue to lose and those players will not develop in that environment either.

Anyways I'm happy to have Goodwin back and we shall wait and see if we sign another foreign midfielder I guess

jas88
jas88
World Class

Davide82 - 10 Feb 2021 5:34 PM

Is that what we are doing? I must have missed that......it's not usually our style of foreigner either (outside Romario aha).

I agree with you in theory but you also need a balance.

If we play with 7 u/21s starting every week we will continue to lose and those players will not develop in that environment either.

Anyways I'm happy to have Goodwin back and we shall wait and see if we sign another foreign midfielder I guess

This is from a report on ages across all leagues worldwide... we have the oldest age avg in the world.

"the A-League was classified as an “Experienced Player” league: players who turned 32 years old during the 2019-20 season playing the greatest number of minutes over the past five seasons – the oldest dominant age cohort of all 35 leagues examined"

That is a major issue in our league. Don't worry about having a young team... its near impossible in the aleague.
Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

jas88 - 10 Feb 2021 6:26 PM
Davide82 - 10 Feb 2021 5:34 PM

This is from a report on ages across all leagues worldwide... we have the oldest age avg in the world.

"the A-League was classified as an “Experienced Player” league: players who turned 32 years old during the 2019-20 season playing the greatest number of minutes over the past five seasons – the oldest dominant age cohort of all 35 leagues examined"

That is a major issue in our league. Don't worry about having a young team... its near impossible in the aleague.

A League has had an average of 32 years of age for players. Due to the middle of the road player exodus and young players coming in, the average has now gone down to around 25 years of age. It is Now where it should be and the sport is in it's best season ever.
sub007
sub007
World Class

We have to sign one since we don’t have a young one at the club. We also need an experienced one too given the squad is too young and when we have missed a couple of experienced players, it’s very clear that there’s no leadership  on the field and the team has really struggled. Just watch our last two away games where we have conceded 8 goals. Signing one experienced player isn’t going away from the clubs philosophy.

Of those players, I’m pretty sure Francois is an 8, Lambert is a full back and those other two haven’t even played a first team game and I can’t imagine them being better than what we already have.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

I hope Cavallo works out well in Adelaide. Go the Cav!
jas88
jas88
World Class

sub007 - 10 Feb 2021 8:26 PM

We have to sign one since we don’t have a young one at the club. We also need an experienced one too given the squad is too young and when we have missed a couple of experienced players, it’s very clear that there’s no leadership  on the field and the team has really struggled. Just watch our last two away games where we have conceded 8 goals. Signing one experienced player isn’t going away from the clubs philosophy.

Of those players, I’m pretty sure Francois is an 8, Lambert is a full back and those other two haven’t even played a first team game and I can’t imagine them being better than what we already have.

Tyrese can play as a 10 or an 8, your thinking the other lambert brother who is the full back, Prinsen has played several games and scored in the dutch 2nd div.

Lets wait and see yeah? but I guarantee you... that you sign an over the hill nobody just coming here for a holiday.
sub007
sub007
World Class

jas88 - 11 Feb 2021 10:58 AM
sub007 - 10 Feb 2021 8:26 PM

Tyrese can play as a 10 or an 8, your thinking the other lambert brother who is the full back, Prinsen has played several games and scored in the dutch 2nd div.

Lets wait and see yeah? but I guarantee you... that you sign an over the hill nobody just coming here for a holiday.

Okay so Tyrese might be able to play as a 10.

Of the other two, Lambert has played just 14% of minutes this season while Prinsen is currently playing in the Dutch fourth tier for Harkemase Boys. I also looked through his stats and he hasn’t played a second div game.

As i said before, I highly doubt any of these players would be upgrades on what we have nor would they provide experience which we are so desperately lacking. 
sub007
sub007
World Class

sub007 - 10 Feb 2021 4:39 PM
Josh Cavallo has been released by WU and is apparently training with Adelaide.

And now the club have confirmed the signing.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search