Will the negativity surrounding football be the death of the professional game in Australia?

Will the negativity surrounding football be the death of the...

Author
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Barca4Life - 27 Sep 2020 6:25 PM
libelous - 27 Sep 2020 6:23 PM

The only way is up I guess.

But how long will it take? After 2 years with the new regime we have nothing. They seem to be inept in dealing with the downward spiral. So much hope placed on the new board since Lowy’s departure has resulted on cartons of eggs on face. The nativity has been unbelievable.

In a resort somewhere

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

paulc - 28 Sep 2020 9:12 AM
Barca4Life - 27 Sep 2020 6:25 PM

But how long will it take? After 2 years with the new regime we have nothing. They seem to be inept in dealing with the downward spiral. So much hope placed on the new board since Lowy’s departure has resulted on cartons of eggs on face. The nativity has been unbelievable.

Well, whatever chance the new regime had of making a name for itself has now been snuffed out by COVID.
FFA and league/clubs are broke, no revenue coming in, the 2021 season will be dependent on the largesse of owners, more than at any time in the A-League's history, sponsors will not be replaced, we need a new broadcast deal sorted by the time the 2021 season ends (at this point, we don't even know when it will start).
We will see some money flow into the womens game in lead up to WWC, that's the only bright spot on the horizon.

RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

I'm not a fan of the franchise model, but it is better than what we had. While I dearly want the likes of South Melbourne et al to have their chance, the reality is the NSL finished up with Perth Glory and Parramatta as sharks in a small pond - no one else could compete.
That said we do need a second division so that these clubs that were so good at producing talent can get back to the coalface again.
As to what has happened - the A League started well but unfortunately the FFA conspired to destroy its own creation. The failed World Cup bid which really was the idiotic idea of a megalomaniac trying to build a monument to himself brought a growing league to a standstill and resulted in the scalps of FNQ and Gold Coast which were poorly conceived ideas at the time.
Add to that the insistence of the "experts" trying to make football "family friendly" and you disenfranchised the "real football fans". Yes  - there might not have been enough  bums on seats to keep the bean counters happy but you have to be realistic about where our league sits in the scheme of things. The dumb-arses don't realise that active support is part of football and by killing it off they killed the experience for those curious about seeing what happens at a football game. Certainly the standard of football doesn't stand up.
When we learn that we'll never be as big as the AFL - but that we are capable of having a thriving modest league - the A League can grow again. It might be too late - but when crowds are allowed back - if we stop the gimmicks and let fans do what they want to do maybe we can recover where we were at and build from there.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Davstar - 27 Sep 2020 11:21 PM
Midfielder - 27 Sep 2020 10:46 PM

It is easy to do

You have answered and summed up the entire argument in three words.

In the mid 60's the late Johnny Warren at a gala day in Newcastle, looked at all the kids and said... its easy we just need to connect.

Those famous words ... """"Its Easy"""

Its not easy

The solution is simple to say...  but in maybe 70 to 80 years has not been achieved ..

The problem is so so so so so so so so so so so many people think its easy ... simply do this and that and ... its fixed...

If you accepted the fact its not easy and lets work out in the Australian environment how to achieve 32 teams across two divisions with P & R... it would help... 

I think you posted Pim was right to say negative things... and Football fans have the right to say negative things... TOTALLY AGREE...

Using the same right...you are allowed to point out the positive ... to say there is a right to be negative implies i.e. there is a right implies it must be hard to get negative views across.... for the love of Mary negative article are many times greater than positive ones.

But its easy ... its easy .. its easy ...

The its easy just do what I think and its fixed and I want a European system... anything else is rubbish ... and its easy to put it place...
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

RoyalDave - 28 Sep 2020 10:34 AM
I'm not a fan of the franchise model, but it is better than what we had. While I dearly want the likes of South Melbourne et al to have their chance, the reality is the NSL finished up with Perth Glory and Parramatta as sharks in a small pond - no one else could compete.
That said we do need a second division so that these clubs that were so good at producing talent can get back to the coalface again.
As to what has happened - the A League started well but unfortunately the FFA conspired to destroy its own creation. The failed World Cup bid which really was the idiotic idea of a megalomaniac trying to build a monument to himself brought a growing league to a standstill and resulted in the scalps of FNQ and Gold Coast which were poorly conceived ideas at the time.
Add to that the insistence of the "experts" trying to make football "family friendly" and you disenfranchised the "real football fans". Yes  - there might not have been enough  bums on seats to keep the bean counters happy but you have to be realistic about where our league sits in the scheme of things. The dumb-arses don't realise that active support is part of football and by killing it off they killed the experience for those curious about seeing what happens at a football game. Certainly the standard of football doesn't stand up.
When we learn that we'll never be as big as the AFL - but that we are capable of having a thriving modest league - the A League can grow again. It might be too late - but when crowds are allowed back - if we stop the gimmicks and let fans do what they want to do maybe we can recover where we were at and build from there.

This is the only bit I disagree. Not because it is not true - because it is. The fact is it should not be a League wise decision. If WSW or Victory want full on active support great  Let the club foster that. If that is what that club wants to target (young single males with plenty of disposable income) then that is fine. In a city of 5M you will fill your stadiums pretty easily. Other clubs will look to 'family friendly' demographics. The point is the League should not be mandating it. Clubs aren't a one size fits all.  The clubs can police their own fans. If they get it wrong and piss off their own fans - more fool them.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Midfielder - 28 Sep 2020 10:37 AM
Davstar - 27 Sep 2020 11:21 PM

You have answered and summed up the entire argument in three words.

In the mid 60's the late Johnny Warren at a gala day in Newcastle, looked at all the kids and said... its easy we just need to connect.

Those famous words ... """"Its Easy"""

Its not easy

The solution is simple to say...  but in maybe 70 to 80 years has not been achieved ..

The problem is so so so so so so so so so so so many people think its easy ... simply do this and that and ... its fixed...

If you accepted the fact its not easy and lets work out in the Australian environment how to achieve 32 teams across two divisions with P & R... it would help... 

I think you posted Pim was right to say negative things... and Football fans have the right to say negative things... TOTALLY AGREE...

Using the same right...you are allowed to point out the positive ... to say there is a right to be negative implies i.e. there is a right implies it must be hard to get negative views across.... for the love of Mary negative article are many times greater than positive ones.

But its easy ... its easy .. its easy ...

The its easy just do what I think and its fixed and I want a European system... anything else is rubbish ... and its easy to put it place...

It is easy all the work has been done for you - football has been around in its current format since pre-WWI - Ill show you how 'easy' it is

Does the Salary(and Floor) cap made the league better? No. Has the Salary cap made the league more fair? No. (SFC and MVFC has almost half the titles). Does the salary cap make the league financially viable? No. Does the Salary cap make the league competitive within the AFC? No. 

Why do we have a Salary cap (and floor)? I dont know. 

Get rid of it. - done about 50% of the reason people dont like the AL is gone 

Next 

Does P/R make the league more competitive? Yes. Does P/R make league more interesting? Yes. Is there enough clubs in Australia? Yes (the NSL did it with less money). Do we have the money to make it viable? Yes (without a cap and Floor) will play the players what the want more old NSL sides already have there own grounds and a small but committed fan base.  

Ok lets ask the biggest State league clubs if they want to buy into a 2nd division - South Melbourne, Melbourne Knights, Sydney Olympic etc Join the 2nd division sell the 2nd div TV as a package use that money to help fund the division ie travel players etc. - without a Salary cap you can now sign players for longer then 12months you can start selling players for good transfer fees ie 5-10m for players would go a long way.....

Next

Do big league in Europe have a final Series? No, how come becuz the league itself is the most important then any one competition bar the UCL. Does that work? yes it has for over 100 years. Then why do we have a final Series? becuz attendance is high, however most ppl dont care about the league itself bar finals. Well that makes no sense why have the league only be interesting in the last 4 weeks of it? I dont know. 

Get rid of finals series and have prize money for the winner of the league 

It is easy but the people running football have been and always will be incompetent becuz of greed, self interest and stupidity - this is what 'Eurosnobs' have been saying since day one of the AL. Stop making excuses and f**ken do it it isnt hard to say it is is just f**ken BS  . The current structure is f**ken shit it has been for 15 years it isnt working why is it that the only people who cant see that are the people running the sport?

If kazakhstan, Cost Rica, Honduras, Iran etc can do it i dont see how we can't? geez :blink:

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

It  IS  EASY . . if F.F.A want to do it. . Come on, its not rocket  science now is it?! Just make ithappen! There is  NO  EXCUSE .  Unfortunatly itseems they  think itis every one else job &not theres - can you  beleive it ?!

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Its easy its easy its easy.

You keep saying that...

Because it works elsewhere

So why can't we be the same.

For 80 F...........ing years across 3 separate franchise systems it has not worked.

Either people running Football for 80 years have got it wrong, or its not as easy ... as what you say.

Lets be clear

I want 32 teams across two divisions with P & R... 

I also believe I have an excellent about world Football systems across a number of countries.

If 80 years of failure is not enough... and 80 years of negativity.. and 80 years of putting crap on Football, does not tell... ITS NOT EASY...then I don't know what does.

If you acknowledge its not easy to do what you consider simple... we can then work out how to do it.

Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Midfielder - 28 Sep 2020 3:33 PM
Its easy its easy its easy.

You keep saying that...

Because it works elsewhere

So why can't we be the same.

For 80 F...........ing years across 3 separate franchise systems it has not worked.

Either people running Football for 80 years have got it wrong, or its not as easy ... as what you say.

Lets be clear

I want 32 teams across two divisions with P & R... 

I also believe I have an excellent about world Football systems across a number of countries.

If 80 years of failure is not enough... and 80 years of negativity.. and 80 years of putting crap on Football, does not tell... ITS NOT EASY...then I don't know what does.

If you acknowledge its not easy to do what you consider simple... we can then work out how to do it.

It is EASY to do!!!

It's just a couple of "horrendously incompetent and staggeringly overpaid" FFA Board members & administrators of extremely low intelligence, like the CAN'T DO duel of "the Greek" and "Jimmy Jowls", who have set themselves up as IMPASSABLE ROADBLOCKS, who are doing everything within their power to "frustrate" any progress on the needed reforms!!!

Remove these two CAN'T DOs and replace them with two CAN Dos and the "problem is instantly solved!!!"

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Yes that is exactly what I am saying it has been run poorly - the fact we have the biggest failure of manager in charge of the Socceroos for the second time is testament to that... 

libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)

Davstar - 28 Sep 2020 5:36 PM

Yes that is exactly what I am saying it has been run poorly - the fact we have the biggest failure of manager in charge of the Socceroos for the second time is testament to that... 

Que?
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Have to laugh at those with all the answers and calling it easy. NFI.

The state leagues pre NSL were run exactly as you want now, but it didn’t work. Repeat, it didn’t work.

In a resort somewhere

Davstar
Davstar
World Class

paulc - 28 Sep 2020 6:44 PM
Have to laugh at those with all the answers and calling it easy. NFI.

The state leagues pre NSL were run exactly as you want now, but it didn’t work. Repeat, it didn’t work.

This is what i mean by stupid people in football.
You failed to mention  what we have now doesnt work, ill repeat IT DOESNT WORK. 
The AL had a TV money deal the NSL could only dream and what has the AL done with it? 

Im not saying bring back the NSL i actually didnt like the NSL but you got a bunch of clubs that have the potential to make a 2nd division they have there own grounds and set up already they need to integrated just without the ethnic hatreds. 

The AL has been around 15 years and it is on the verge of folding (and probably should fold) becuz it has attempted a modern Americanised structure to a traditional game and its terrible 

The NSL was plagued with corruption but at least it produced top talent that could play in the Top leagues around  the world and make you proud to say we have players like Kewell and Dukes and they were Australian and brought  a bit of excitement into the national side. - the AL under the FFA also plagued with corruption but our national team is ass atm 

As i said if Kazakhstan can have a normal league why cant Australia?? 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Arnold is going well enough. Socceroos well on top of WCQ group table. ACup disappointing but squad had NO Mooy, Boyle, Arzani, an unfit Leckie. Guus, Verbeek, Holger and Ange were very lucky to have Cahill- the greatest NT goal scorer of all time - to dig them out of shit time and time again. ACup win in 2015 was mostly due to Cahill scoring several great goals rather than brilliant coaching
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Fair point given the budget at the time, and the call by most that we need someone who understood Australian Football.

Who ... 

Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 7:34 PM

Arnold is going well enough. Socceroos well on top of WCQ group table. ACup disappointing but squad had NO Mooy, Boyle, Arzani, an unfit Leckie. Guus, Verbeek, Holger and Ange were very lucky to have Cahill- the greatest NT goal scorer of all time - to dig them out of shit time and time again. ACup win in 2015 was mostly due to Cahill scoring several great goals rather than brilliant coaching

You cant say Arnold is doing good then say the other managers had Cahill, WTF? 

it is a results business, GA was terrible in the Asian cup in 2017. 

Keep in mind GA was coach in 2007 with Kewell, Cahill, Lucas etc and was a f**ken joke 

GA is a shit manager his level is the AL and he didnt play nice football in the AL like ange did, he is bad with the media and widely unpopular due to his failures in 2007. How he got the job again shows how incompetent the FFA are...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Can anyone identify a single initiative in the last 5 years aimed at attracting diehard football fans to attend ALeague matches?
No, adult Bindi Irwin’s singing with pantomime animals at halftime doesn’t count. 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Davstar - 28 Sep 2020 9:54 PM
Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 7:34 PM

You cant say Arnold is doing good then say the other managers had Cahill, WTF? 

it is a results business, GA was terrible in the Asian cup in 2017. 

Keep in mind GA was coach in 2007 with Kewell, Cahill, Lucas etc and was a f**ken joke 

GA is a shit manager his level is the AL and he didnt play nice football in the AL like ange did, he is bad with the media and widely unpopular due to his failures in 2007. How he got the job again shows how incompetent the FFA are...

Asian cup in 2017?? Think it was 2019. So what if he failed in 2007. 1 of the best AL coaches ever since then and as I already said, Australia WCQS are going well so far. He also coached the Olyroos back into the Olympics. What Aussie coach is better suited?! 
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 10:36 PM
Davstar - 28 Sep 2020 9:54 PM

Asian cup in 2017?? Think it was 2019. So what if he failed in 2007. 1 of the best AL coaches ever since then and as I already said, Australia WCQS are going well so far. He also coached the Olyroos back into the Olympics. What Aussie coach is better suited?! 

Lol what do you mean so what i just completed debunked ur argument  that Cahill bailed out other managers 

Socceroos shouldnt be coached by a local manager (period)

bar Ange who has done ok for himself Australia doesnt have a decent manager in our stock - ie you dont hire someone who isnt qualified for a job becuz he is Australian you hire who is best for the job that you can afford 

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Davstar - 28 Sep 2020 10:53 PM
Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 10:36 PM

Lol what do you mean so what i just completed debunked ur argument  that Cahill bailed out other managers 

Socceroos shouldnt be coached by a local manager (period)

bar Ange who has done ok for himself Australia doesnt have a decent manager in our stock - ie you dont hire someone who isnt qualified for a job becuz he is Australian you hire who is best for the job that you can afford 

non-Aussie managers never stick around long enough. So who do you recommend instead? Mourinho? Conte?! 😂 Cahill did a shot load of scoring for NT - often when they needed it most. Arnold doesn’t have scorer like him now. But NT going ok anyway so u didn’t debunk shit
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

clockwork orange - 28 Sep 2020 10:18 PM
Can anyone identify a single initiative in the last 5 years aimed at attracting diehard football fans to attend ALeague matches?
No, adult Bindi Irwin’s singing with pantomime animals at halftime doesn’t count. 

Nope...

Now

What do we do.
a} Get better managers who understand Football and try and build from what we have, requiring lots of hard work.

b] destroy the A-L and hope from the fields of Western Sydney and other places a perfect system and structure will arise totally faultless 
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 11:14 PM
Davstar - 28 Sep 2020 10:53 PM

non-Aussie managers never stick around long enough. So who do you recommend instead? Mourinho? Conte?! 😂 Cahill did a shot load of scoring for NT - often when they needed it most. Arnold doesn’t have scorer like him now. But NT going ok anyway so u didn’t debunk shit

Holger got sacked would of stuck around and Pim stuck around for the whole campaign 

and Yep i did and not ur back tracking take the L and move on 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Midfielder - 28 Sep 2020 11:51 PM
clockwork orange - 28 Sep 2020 10:18 PM

Nope...

Now

What do we do.
a} Get better managers who understand Football and try and build from what we have, requiring lots of hard work.

b] destroy the A-L and hope from the fields of Western Sydney and other places a perfect system and structure will arise totally faultless 

B trust me long term it is better 

The AL is widely unpopular why are we fighting for it? 

start again do it right 

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Davstar - 29 Sep 2020 10:50 PM
Balin Trev - 28 Sep 2020 11:14 PM

Holger got sacked would of stuck around and Pim stuck around for the whole campaign 

and Yep i did and not ur back tracking take the L and move on 

Must really eat you up inside that Arnold is NT coach again. Not like he would have learnt or achieved anything since 2007
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Balin Trev - 29 Sep 2020 11:14 PM
Davstar - 29 Sep 2020 10:50 PM

Must really eat you up inside that Arnold is NT coach again. Not like he would have learnt or achieved anything since 2007

It doesnt bother me becuz unlike in 2007 our team is shit house he isnt wasting a golden generation he is simply stealing a living like most ppl that work for the FFA 

As for him learning since 2007? how where under who? he coached in the AL one of the worst professional competitions in the world, went to Japan (a decent league) got sacked after 15mins came back to the A league...got the national team job becuz??? he was cheap i guess.

But ill be fair i want GA to prove me wrong i want him to succeed but he was shit in the Asian cup recently we lost to Jordan FFS..I got no faith in him his tactics are basic, management is bad and isnt good with the media. Anyone can play 10 men behind the ball and counter it works in the AL becuz of the Sal cap and the fact the league is shit but when to play teams that have a little of technical ability you will get found out

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Davstar - 29 Sep 2020 11:31 PM
Balin Trev - 29 Sep 2020 11:14 PM

It doesnt bother me becuz unlike in 2007 our team is shit house he isnt wasting a golden generation he is simply stealing a living like most ppl that work for the FFA 

As for him learning since 2007? how where under who? he coached in the AL one of the worst professional competitions in the world, went to Japan (a decent league) got sacked after 15mins came back to the A league...got the national team job becuz??? he was cheap i guess.

But ill be fair i want GA to prove me wrong i want him to succeed but he was shit in the Asian cup recently we lost to Jordan FFS..I got no faith in him his tactics are basic, management is bad and isnt good with the media. Anyone can play 10 men behind the ball and counter it works in the AL becuz of the Sal cap and the fact the league is shit but when to play teams that have a little of technical ability you will get found out

Jordan loss in Acup was due to 1 bad pass by Degenek and some key injuries to our squad. Funny cos Arnold recently beat Jordan in Jordan in WCQ. Your negativity is what this thread was started for in first place. Ironic 🤔

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

You’d think matildas new coach will make the news a bit more 
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Balin Trev - 30 Sep 2020 6:26 AM
Davstar - 29 Sep 2020 11:31 PM

Jordan loss in Acup was due to 1 bad pass by Degenek and some key injuries to our squad. Funny cos Arnold recently beat Jordan in Jordan in WCQ. Your negativity is what this thread was started for in first place. Ironic 🤔

No your just wrong and i've proven you wrong and now your trying to make it personal. 

These are facts not negativity - but u can keep your head in the sand this why football in Australia is dead  becuz people have been trying ignore facts for about 15-20 years now

U can rate GA i dont thats fine the fact u thik beating jordan at home makes him a good manager say loads.... 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Davstar - 30 Sep 2020 8:08 AM
Balin Trev - 30 Sep 2020 6:26 AM

No your just wrong and i've proven you wrong and now your trying to make it personal. 

These are facts not negativity - but u can keep your head in the sand this why football in Australia is dead  becuz people have been trying ignore facts for about 15-20 years now

U can rate GA i dont thats fine the fact u thik beating jordan at home makes him a good manager say loads.... 

Yes. I know nothing at all. You know everything... maybe u should apply for job at FFA 😁
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Davstar - 29 Sep 2020 10:52 PM
Midfielder - 28 Sep 2020 11:51 PM

start again do it right 

I agree with a lot of your sentiments, hard to argue with, but I don't agree with this one.
There is no starting again.
We got rid of the a 27 year old national league to establish a new professional comp.
You cannot do that a second time within 20 years (in fact, it can never happen again).
You can't keep stopping and starting, over a 140 year history of the sport in this country, that's one thing we  have been guilty of, starting anew with a clean slate too often.
We just have to direct the current structure towards a better structure.
Yes, it will be slow and painful, but that's better than starting from scratch (again).
The longer we put off generations being able to follow the league and clubs, well, the longer we get generations following the league and clubs.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search