Will the negativity surrounding football be the death of the professional game in Australia?

Will the negativity surrounding football be the death of the...

Author
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 8 Oct 2020 2:37 PM
I hear your points Davstar but like any of us under employment your directive is what your employer wants first up.
In his position coaching the AL you and I would have to deliver the same directive, win, IF there were players who could deliver he'd use them like Abini for eg.
Ange had imports, Muscat etcetc - results count not development.
AL Clubs for how long didn't have Jnr set ups, an exception 1 or 2 had long before the rest following on.
Thats our Franchise comp not lay blame on the coachs to me, people have issues with GA due to his foot n mouth decease imo.
What else would he or anyone else do ? go against the employers directive, no.
Its on the ol FFA where were at more than anything else to me.

100% agree and think thats fair enough 

but now he is Socceroos manager he has changed his tune saying the clubs need to development.....

I understand he is under a load of pressure becuz he is mega unpopular from his last time in charge and needs to win over the masses. 

I dont like his approach to the media but that isnt why i dont like him I genuinely dont think he is a good manager he had his chance in 2007 which probably the best team we have ever had and he f**ked it. Some people say he has got better i personally dont see it this U23s playing bums isnt a good measure soon as he plays a South Korea or Japan we are in for a harsh awakening and GA will get sacked and will waste the money paying off his contract and be in a big shambles...

Just remember Beilsa wanted the Socceroos job. But the FFA didnt give it to him becuz he cant speak English.

The FFA are super incompetent new and old ill stand by that until they prove me wrong 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
4 Years Ago by Davstar
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Davstar - 8 Oct 2020 3:22 PM

but now he is Socceroos manager he has changed his tune saying the clubs need to development.....

I understand he is under a load of pressure becuz he is mega unpopular from his last time in charge and needs to win over the masses. 

I dont like his approach to the media but that isnt why i dont like him I genuinely dont think he is a good manager he had his chance in 2007 which probably the best team we have ever had and he f**ked it. Some people say he has got better i personally dont see it this U23s playing bums isnt a good measure soon as he plays a South Korea or Japan we are in for a harsh awakening and GA will get sacked and will waste the money paying off his contract and be in a big shambles...

Just remember Beilsa wanted the Socceroos job. But the FFA didnt give it to him becuz he cant speak English.

The FFA are super incompetent new and old ill stand by that until they prove me wrong 

If thats the real reason Bielsa didn't get the job that has to be one of the worst things the FFA have ever done in my opinion. Worse than Stagic, worse than giving a bunch of money men open ended licenses to the first division, worse than the ethnic bleaching they tried to commit with NCIP .... Davstar brate, I think you are right the FFA are in a class of their own when it comes to moronic decisions.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Oct 2020 10:38 PM
Barca4Life - 27 Sep 2020 5:52 PM

I just came across this and wanted to let you know Barca that I would like to buy you a beer or 3 or 7... absolutely well said.

Cheers, I just want the game to the benefactor so it can flourish with no more hidden agendas or self interest which has cripled the sport for far too long.

The game needs a purpose for self improvement, i.e aim to win the World Cup by 2050 like what Japan have done and look how far they have come as a national team from zero players in Europe in 1998 to a full 23 in 2020 with 12 players in top 5 leagues.

Anything is possible if the game can put its energy to a purpose and everyone can work together for the benefit of it.

The game is mentally fragile and insecure depending who you talk to which hasn't helped but the game just needs unity and self belief.

We got good talent, we got good coaches, we got passionate fans, we got smart and say admin, we just need everyone aligned together for once.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

If Bielsa came in, he would have walked out as soon as he came out and see the mess thats in the game.

The fact that the FFA rejected him because of his lack of English just shows ignorant and narrow minded in getting the best minds here.

But it was on problem for Leeds United? 

It would have been interesting what JJ and he's 'football centric' board would have done if Bielsa asked again.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

LFC. - 8 Oct 2020 10:57 AM
Were all very good to blame - as if GA is the main prob re our Jnr results let alone the Roos.
Its the cattle period for starters, they are the ones on the pitch, no matter the standard of the coach good or bad good players perform, we lack some quality players who can lift when the dominos are down like Cahill in the past.
Sure GA isn't a worldly style coach as some prefer BUT were not in a favourable position attracting another top shelf coach like Guus or otherwise at present.

As for our Pro football, we will always experience trials and tribulations it seems.
Don't think it will die but it will crawl and crawl till one day we have a combination of like minded Football who can bring the game together.
It cannot work with a separate top tier comp and the layers below not synergised or at least willing to work together.

Blame it on the FFA board for ignoring youth development when the aleague started, they have a very poor job in fixing the problem up when youth players still cant get enough games to play more football unlike its overseas counterparts.

The fact it took a report to get it out shows how poorly the sport has handled youth development since the 2006, meanwhile our Asian counter parts have caught up and and some have overtaken us especially at youth level.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

I suggest the FFA better start looking at a new playing hub from now for teams, as the season won't begin in 8 weeks, in December.
February perhaps with mid week matches in the first 6-8 weeks so they can finish around July. 
State premiers are clearly playing politics and want people in their own states to spend money within their States. they will continue to keep borders shut, according to journalists on talkback programs.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

Barca4Life - 8 Oct 2020 4:19 PM
LFC. - 8 Oct 2020 10:57 AM

Blame it on the FFA board for ignoring youth development when the aleague started, they have a very poor job in fixing the problem up when youth players still cant get enough games to play more football unlike its overseas counterparts.

The fact it took a report to get it out shows how poorly the sport has handled youth development since the 2006, meanwhile our Asian counter parts have caught up and and some have overtaken us especially at youth level.

The FFA were aware of the need for a better youth development system as detailed in the National Football Development Plan that was published in November 2007.  The deficiencies in our young players compared to players developed in the countries that the committee visited are detailed in that document and it doesn't make pleasant reading.  Interestingly the players they were referring to had been in the main developed under the NSL.  In that document it says that because of limited funds it would take time to implement the actions required.  I think most of us would think that they have taken too long.  In my view we are further forward than we were in 2007 but not as far as we should be.

http://www.klufc.org.au/publications/ffa-national-football-development-plan

Edited
4 Years Ago by Gyfox
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

soccerfoo - 8 Oct 2020 5:49 PM
I suggest the FFA better start looking at a new playing hub from now for teams, as the season won't begin in 8 weeks, in December.
February perhaps with mid week matches in the first 6-8 weeks so they can finish around July. 
State premiers are clearly playing politics and want people in their own states to spend money within their States. they will continue to keep borders shut, according to journalists on talkback programs.

Unfortunately, with states like WA and Qld, the closed borders are electorally popular.
Throw in NZ, and it's going to be difficult to get the comp up and running in a relatively normal manner.

Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Oct 2020 4:04 PM

If thats the real reason Bielsa didn't get the job that has to be one of the worst things the FFA have ever done in my opinion. Worse than Stagic, worse than giving a bunch of money men open ended licenses to the first division, worse than the ethnic bleaching they tried to commit with NCIP .... Davstar brate, I think you are right the FFA are in a class of their own when it comes to moronic decisions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/114405260/leeds-united-manager-marco-bielsa-wants-socceroos-coaching-job

In case you needed some proof i keep saying how bad the FFA and the structure of Australian football is i feel like ppl think im negative the truth is in real life im a positive person but im also a realist and i tell it like it is....

Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Barca4Life - 8 Oct 2020 4:15 PM

If Bielsa came in, he would have walked out as soon as he came out and see the mess thats in the game.

The fact that the FFA rejected him because of his lack of English just shows ignorant and narrow minded in getting the best minds here.

But it was on problem for Leeds United? 

It would have been interesting what JJ and he's 'football centric' board would have done if Bielsa asked again.

It was quite the opposite he is the type of manager who loves projects like the shit show that is Australian football....it is kind of like his legacy 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Davstar - 8 Oct 2020 8:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Oct 2020 4:04 PM

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/114405260/leeds-united-manager-marco-bielsa-wants-socceroos-coaching-job

In case you needed some proof i keep saying how bad the FFA and the structure of Australian football is i feel like ppl think im negative the truth is in real life im a positive person but im also a realist and i tell it like it is....

Yeah I remember the rumours that that was the reason but I don't believe it was ever proved .. was it? Like I said before that is f&%cked if it is even remotely true.
Davstar
Davstar
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Oct 2020 9:41 PM
Davstar - 8 Oct 2020 8:39 PM

Yeah I remember the rumours that that was the reason but I don't believe it was ever proved .. was it? Like I said before that is f&%cked if it is even remotely true.

Belisa himself said he wanted the job - it isnt like G.Aronlds CV is superior to his.... 

Any thats the FFA 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Davstar - 8 Oct 2020 9:56 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Oct 2020 9:41 PM

Belisa himself said he wanted the job - it isnt like G.Aronlds CV is superior to his.... 

Any thats the FFA 

Yeah but I'd prefer (hope)  to think that the decision was a financial one and not because some red-neck decided to pass on a very exciting prospect for our nation just because "this wog-a, he no speak-a da language so good"  Your probably right BTW I just hate to believe that I am bringing up kids in a country where an opinion like this could even be contemplated.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search