2023 World Cup host cities named as FIFA selection begins [Comments]

2023 World Cup host cities named as FIFA selection begins [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Hopefully this will be part of the process of cutting Launceston unless they come up with an appropriate venue.

I'd have truly loved to have Tassie involved, but setting the precedent of York Park being "good enough" for a football event of this scale would be a disaster for the Australian game in the long term.

With five other venues in the same time zone I think Launceston doesn't stand much of a chance of being included. Three of the twelve venues from France's successful bid for the last WWC were cut, for reference.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
SEroos
SEroos
Super Fan
Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)Super Fan (123 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paladisious - 20 Oct 2020 3:30 PM
Hopefully this will be part of the process of cutting Launceston unless they come up with an appropriate venue.

I'd have truly loved to have Tassie involved, but setting the precedent of York Park being "good enough" for a football event of this scale would be a disaster for the Australian game in the long term.

With five other venues in the same time zone I think Launceston doesn't stand much of a chance of being included. Three of the twelve venues from France's successful bid for the last WWC were cut, for reference.

Do you think it would be replaced, perhaps by Townsville or Gold Coast, or just scrapped and there be one less city? Would be ideal if they could build a new boutique rectangular stadium in Launceston or Hobart but that seems unrealistic  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
SEroos - 20 Oct 2020 6:23 PM
paladisious - 20 Oct 2020 3:30 PM

Do you think it would be replaced, perhaps by Townsville or Gold Coast, or just scrapped and there be one less city? Would be ideal if they could build a new boutique rectangular stadium in Launceston or Hobart but that seems unrealistic  

I guess it's all down to what the FFA can get out of the state governments.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search