*NEW* 2021 TOP 50 AUSTRALIAN YOUTH DETAILED AND RANKED

*NEW* 2021 TOP 50 AUSTRALIAN YOUTH DETAILED AND RANKED

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
What's up with Botic at WU? Pasquali?
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

johnszasz - 21 Jan 2022 9:50 PM
What's up with Botic at WU? Pasquali?

Botic has an injury. Not sure on Pasquali 
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

sportaddict - 21 Jan 2022 9:51 PM
johnszasz - 21 Jan 2022 9:50 PM

Botic has an injury. Not sure on Pasquali 

Pasquali has been out injured as well.
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

There's always hope for the future but we need some of our kids to actually step up and play senior football at a high level. Having just one player in the big leagues says a lot about the lack of development in our players and the awful decisions they tend to make
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

kaufusi - 24 Jan 2022 2:04 PM
There's always hope for the future but we need some of our kids to actually step up and play senior football at a high level. Having just one player in the big leagues says a lot about the lack of development in our players and the awful decisions they tend to make

the next iteration of the list will be published very soon. some of the players are very exciting, more so than previous years imho 
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)

sportaddict - 24 Jan 2022 2:18 PM
kaufusi - 24 Jan 2022 2:04 PM

the next iteration of the list will be published very soon. some of the players are very exciting, more so than previous years imho 

Maybe call me a pessimist but the list of young footballers is always going to be "exciting" AKA These players look great on paper at 18 years of age but become forgotten by the time they're 23-24 years of age. 
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Be interesting to know what has happened to one of the players listed last year - Niewenhoff. Like so many others, I thought he looked like a fantastic player when he debuted and at the start of the season. He was keeping Retre on the bench & looked like he was playing himself into contention for an Olyroo's spot. 
He got injured and missed a lot of the season. He came back for a couple of games at the start of this season & was pretty ordinary. Anyone have an update on him?
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 24 Jan 2022 8:55 PM
Be interesting to know what has happened to one of the players listed last year - Niewenhoff. Like so many others, I thought he looked like a fantastic player when he debuted and at the start of the season. He was keeping Retre on the bench & looked like he was playing himself into contention for an Olyroo's spot. 
He got injured and missed a lot of the season. He came back for a couple of games at the start of this season & was pretty ordinary. Anyone have an update on him?

Injured
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 24 Jan 2022 8:55 PM

He had a long term injury last season too but apparently injured again, a shame given hes alot different to the risk adverse No.6s in the aleague too.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
It’s funny when I reflect on my journey as an Australian football fan, and how my hopes and beliefs have matured over the years.

When I was younger, I used to absolutely eat up lists like these. I was convinced that most of these young prodigies would go on to become Socceroos stars, and if we just kept waiting, our talent pool would be in an amazing place.

Over the past decade or so though, year-by-year I started to slowly realise that youth-level success means absolutely nothing, and that I wasted a lot of time getting excited about players on lists such as these.

After being given a reality check year after year as our youngsters on these lists continued to fail to produce even decent footballing careers, I’m now at a point where I feel almost silly buying into the hype of the ‘next big thing’.

Take for example the current wonder kids that have had the most hype - Volpato and Robertson. Man, I would have been obsessing over these kids back in the day and been screaming to whoever the national coach was at the time ‘give these young superstars a chance!!!’. I’ve only recently realised how immature my beliefs were and how little I know about player development compared to professional coaches, who naturally don’t get over-excited about the next overhyped kid on the scene as they have seen it all before.

Anyway that’s just my story of personal growth lol. 
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Bowden - 25 Jan 2022 12:28 PM
It’s funny when I reflect on my journey as an Australian football fan, and how my hopes and beliefs have matured over the years.

When I was younger, I used to absolutely eat up lists like these. I was convinced that most of these young prodigies would go on to become Socceroos stars, and if we just kept waiting, our talent pool would be in an amazing place.

Over the past decade or so though, year-by-year I started to slowly realise that youth-level success means absolutely nothing, and that I wasted a lot of time getting excited about players on lists such as these.

After being given a reality check year after year as our youngsters on these lists continued to fail to produce even decent footballing careers, I’m now at a point where I feel almost silly buying into the hype of the ‘next big thing’.

Take for example the current wonder kids that have had the most hype - Volpato and Robertson. Man, I would have been obsessing over these kids back in the day and been screaming to whoever the national coach was at the time ‘give these young superstars a chance!!!’. I’ve only recently realised how immature my beliefs were and how little I know about player development compared to professional coaches, who naturally don’t get over-excited about the next overhyped kid on the scene as they have seen it all before.

Anyway that’s just my story of personal growth lol. 

I think we're all in the same boat mate - hoping one or a few of these kids turn into the next Harry Kewell, because we desperately need them!!! I reckon that's why everyone went crazy when Arzani hit the scene. You have to admit though, Valpato does look the most likely 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search