Western Sydney Wanderers vs melbourne victory

Western Sydney Wanderers vs melbourne victory

Author
heyitsrobbie1984
Super Fan
Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I feel that Victory has lost their mojo ever since Western United came into the A-league.

Remember, Victory came 10th in Western United's debut season, and the way its going right now, i feel they will get the wooden spoon if they dont change things around soon
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

The Victory board have accepted mediocrity since Muscat departed.
Look at the calibre of our imports since Muscat has left...yuck.

Theyve gone the cheapo option with Brebner and they only have themselves to blame now that it’s turning into a disaster.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Honestly, i don't think the foreign contingent is that bad,  our aussie players appear to be a bigger problem,  most other teams have young players that are really lifting their teams but ours seem mediocre. Brebner is not ready for this job. 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

That shotton is not at the level 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

griff1 - 10 Feb 2021 11:01 PM

Totally agree with this. Rudy should have gotten his second yellow. I was baffled to see him stay on.

If Rudy deserved a second yellow (he probably did), then for the sake of consistency, Dorrans should have got a straight red. 

Fox sports pumping up King as the best young ref going around, but he had a shocker last night.  

aussie pride - 11 Feb 2021 7:25 AM
The Victory board have accepted mediocrity since Muscat departed.
Look at the calibre of our imports since Muscat has left...yuck.

Theyve gone the cheapo option with Brebner and they only have themselves to blame now that it’s turning into a disaster.

I think this started while Kev was here. winning the toilet seat from 4th in 2018 led the club into believing they can take short cuts and still win trophies. We have been on a slow decline ever since.

on another note, a big fuck you to the fox sports commentary. we all know Harper and Slater hate Victory, but even Peacock was joining in on that last night. it was like only 1 team was playing. It was the worst I have ever seen. 

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 11 Feb 2021 9:04 AM
on another note, a big fuck you to the fox sports commentary. we all know Harper and Slater hate Victory, but even Peacock was joining in on that last night. it was like only 1 team was playing. It was the worst I have ever seen. 

I've started watching games on mute now. None of the current team add anything to the viewing experience. Peacock is OK sometimes, but you can tell he doesn't want to be a commentator. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I reckon Brenner has 2 more games to turn this around.
The weakest squad Victory has ever put together in my view. I'm not sure a change of coach will achieve much. Recruitment has been abysmal. 
A shame, because the A League is always at its best with a strong Melbourne Victory. 
Surely it's time that there spotlight swings to the people running the club. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 11 Feb 2021 9:04 AM
griff1 - 10 Feb 2021 11:01 PM

If Rudy deserved a second yellow (he probably did), then for the sake of consistency, Dorrans should have got a straight red. 

Fox sports pumping up King as the best young ref going around, but he had a shocker last night.  

aussie pride - 11 Feb 2021 7:25 AM

I think this started while Kev was here. winning the toilet seat from 4th in 2018 led the club into believing they can take short cuts and still win trophies. We have been on a slow decline ever since.

pretty much on the money Brox from the sideline to me AND incl the Boards decisions and the recruitment......
Been very ordinary.
As for the game starting up Broxham at DM is ridiculous more so he should be only coming off the bench.
Your 2 other snr players Rojas but worse Kruse are not "leaders" - the frustration shown by Kruse is so wrong.
Worse is that as Barca mentions, wsw are not even that good at this stage.

Love Football

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Victory have the weakest squad this season by far. Its the main reason they are struggling. Its telling that they are the only team without exciting youth and are being left behind. Looks like the league is finally changing to the point that a squad full of experienced players is no longer enough to do well in the league.

SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

jaymz - 11 Feb 2021 9:53 AM
Victory have the weakest squad this season by far. Its the main reason they are struggling. Its telling that they are the only team without exciting youth and are being left behind. Looks like the league is finally changing to the point that a squad full of experienced players is no longer enough to do well in the league.

Yeah and how good is that!!! Great to see all of the young guys killing it! 3 u23 Aussie players top goalscorers. 
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I think it is Brebners lack of tactical nous that is the main reason we are struggling.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

n i k o - 10 Feb 2021 7:27 PM
Georgevski doing everything he can to ruin every opportunity wanderers have. 

this guy is so overrated - the wsw fans go ape over him from his thuggish tackling, like wow what talent.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MarkfromCroydon - 11 Feb 2021 10:21 AM

I think it is Brebners lack of tactical nous that is the main reason we are struggling.

yer you figure, I also would question the responsibilty of the players being game smart/competitive and working together period despite the coachs lacking IF thats a main sticking point.

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

LFC. - 11 Feb 2021 11:11 AM
MarkfromCroydon - 11 Feb 2021 10:21 AM

yer you figure, I also would question the responsibilty of the players being game smart/competitive and working together period despite the coachs lacking IF thats a main sticking point.

I look back at the first game against Brisbane and the way Moon out coached Brebner to win the game in the second half after we had started well in the first half.
From then on, Brebs has just been talking about intensity from the players.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 11 Feb 2021 11:22 AM

I look back at the first game against Brisbane and the way Moon out coached Brebner to win the game in the second half after we had started well in the first half.
From then on, Brebs has just been talking about intensity from the players.

100% spot on. 
CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 11 Feb 2021 11:40 AM
MarkfromCroydon - 11 Feb 2021 11:22 AM

100% spot on. 

A good assistant coach does not necessarily make a good head coach, as we see time and time again.  It's a tough gig.
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

You know you're not a good team when you let a no hoper like Yeboah score against you.
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)

Watching the replay Brimmer and Barnett should be the first names on the team sheet in what looks a weak Melbourne midfield, Kirdar playing deep struggled to string passes together.... while picking a pass and driving forward is the only positive I could see in Shotton's game. 
Butterfield shows some qualities maybe? but really sure what his role is? 
Desperate times... Would swap the main liabilites Broxham (to CB) and Shotton (to DM) and start Barnett over Kirdar.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search