Brebner determined to turn Victory around [Comments]

Brebner determined to turn Victory around [Comments]

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

The club is a Rabble. they must look to WU, who brought in CB's from NPL halfway through last season that knew how to ply their trade at the back. MV have No CB's left through injury so SFC will beat them 10-0 next round. They bring in kids that get monstered. And again next week. Brebner is on his way out, excuses are fish'n chips wrapping now.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Brebner has no shame. But then neither does the board 
RedFunk
RedFunk
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Amazing he hasn’t been given the bullet yet.

In a resort somewhere

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Between him and the board, how did they allow things to get to that point in the first place. Just a very strange course of events.

People had suggested that they were improving, but let’s be honest, in the last 2 games alone they have conceded 9 and scored 1. 

things might turn around eventually, but the signs aren’t good, no matter how hard he tries to keep a brave face. 

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Heart_fan - 14 Mar 2021 12:59 PM
Between him and the board, how did they allow things to get to that point in the first place. Just a very strange course of events.

People had suggested that they were improving, but let’s be honest, in the last 2 games alone they have conceded 9 and scored 1. 

things might turn around eventually, but the signs aren’t good, no matter how hard he tries to keep a brave face. 

Well we literally have no cbs but I am amazed Brebner hasn't been sacked as Victory have no real game plan to be honest. Couple that with no luck with injuries and you have the worst team in the comp this season.
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Well I for one and thoroughly enjoying victory this season so I hope they give brebner a three year extension. 
And the likes of storm roux and leigh broxham are great to watch too !

Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I also like the fact that kamsoba and previously athiu have actually played for them. I honestly wouldn’t let them two in my five a side Comp let alone an a league team. 
Biggest club in the country with the worst recruitment in the league by far. 
Gestede, shotton not up to it and the worst GK’ers in the league 

Butler99
Butler99
Rising Star
Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)Rising Star (995 reputation)

paulc - 14 Mar 2021 11:31 AM
Amazing he hasn’t been given the bullet yet.

Probably the fact that he wears a suit on the sidelines is saving him from the sack. ??
Slice of Cheese
Slice of Cheese
Weekender
Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)Weekender (48 reputation)

He hasn’t been chopped because hopefully  the board are now acutely aware it’s a systemic problem, not necessarily a coaching problem (although to be fair, he hasn’t shown he’s altogether up to it yet)
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Slice of Cheese - 15 Mar 2021 12:01 AM
He hasn’t been chopped because hopefully  the board are now acutely aware it’s a systemic problem, not necessarily a coaching problem (although to be fair, he hasn’t shown he’s altogether up to it yet)

It hasn’t stopped many clubs around the world over the years still making the call to sack the manager, but I guess time will tell whether patience wears thin eventually for him too.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Heart_fan - 15 Mar 2021 11:57 PM
Slice of Cheese - 15 Mar 2021 12:01 AM

It hasn’t stopped many clubs around the world over the years still making the call to sack the manager, but I guess time will tell whether patience wears thin eventually for him too.

They will want him to quit. He won't.  It's a complete farce. I didn't think it's entirely brebners fault but something has got to be done.  

I also don't think the supporters are liking the fact that he's too calm. I sometimes wonder if he was someone who just got a little angry sometimes,  the supporters would be behind him a bit more. Regardless personally i think he should go, it was a ridiculous choice from the outset and every day that goes by that nothing changes,  the more and more i get disappointed by the club. 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

scubaroo - 16 Mar 2021 12:54 PM
Heart_fan - 15 Mar 2021 11:57 PM

They will want him to quit. He won't.  It's a complete farce. I didn't think it's entirely brebners fault but something has got to be done.  

I also don't think the supporters are liking the fact that he's too calm. I sometimes wonder if he was someone who just got a little angry sometimes,  the supporters would be behind him a bit more. Regardless personally i think he should go, it was a ridiculous choice from the outset and every day that goes by that nothing changes,  the more and more i get disappointed by the club. 

If the league had relegation Brebner probably would be gone by now because MV would be desperate for results.

As it is now no reason to get rid of him, the club can hide behind “play the kids” for the rest of the season, straight out of the AFL handbook.

RedFunk
RedFunk
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

:cool:
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

I personally enjoy him having zero emotion on the sidelines and just smelling his fingers and pondering his life choices.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search