FFA CEO actually defends football community

FFA CEO actually defends football community

Author
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ErogenousZone - 4 May 2021 7:08 PM
libelous - 4 May 2021 6:08 PM

He's a loudmouth  ex greyhound caller who ended up an AM Radio shock jock & now suckholes Liberal Politicians & cops.  

So why are so many people concerned about what he says?
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Edited
3 Years Ago by Remote Control
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

libelous - 4 May 2021 8:24 PM
ErogenousZone - 4 May 2021 7:08 PM

So why are so many people concerned about what he says?

Because he's old media and one of the most popular radio hosts in Australia.  I don't listen to him but that's the facts.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)Rising Star (768 reputation)

Remote Control - 4 May 2021 8:37 PM
libelous - 4 May 2021 6:08 PM

The  guy   that   O.w.n.s     a  CEO 

He owns a what?
libelous
libelous
Rising Star

Munrubenmuz - 4 May 2021 8:42 PM
libelous - 4 May 2021 8:24 PM

Because he's old media and one of the most popular radio hosts in Australia.  I don't listen to him but that's the facts.

I read on another forum he also drives taxis. Maybe he is relevant, then again!
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
sydneyfc1987 - 4 May 2021 6:40 PM
Buggalugs the Third - 4 May 2021 4:43 PM

SFS re-development had nothing to do with SFC. Nobody is arguing that it did.

Rarely agree with you, but that's what I just said

Likewise, WSW had nothing to do with Bankwest being built, or it's capacity.

WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Buggalugs the Third - 5 May 2021 9:17 AM
sydneyfc1987 - 4 May 2021 6:40 PM

Rarely agree with you, but that's what I just said

Likewise, WSW had nothing to do with Bankwest being built, or it's capacity.

Hmmm

Gyfox gave you the Parra stadium stats and you just walk on by.  I get that the facts don't fit your narrative, but just be big enough to admit you were wrong and learned something.  Its not that hard.   

Also no one mentioned the SFS redevelopment.  I agree with you BTW I think it will be a great big white elephant just like Homebush.  

However, Bankwest has turned out to be a good spend and is regularly well patronised.  Just sadly not with WSW fans.

Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)Hardcore Fan (227 reputation)

WC20182022 - 6 May 2021 2:29 PM
Buggalugs the Third - 5 May 2021 9:17 AM

Hmmm

Gyfox gave you the Parra stadium stats and you just walk on by.  I get that the facts don't fit your narrative, but just be big enough to admit you were wrong and learned something.  Its not that hard.   

Also no one mentioned the SFS redevelopment.  I agree with you BTW I think it will be a great big white elephant just like Homebush.  

However, Bankwest has turned out to be a good spend and is regularly well patronised.  Just sadly not with WSW fans.

I don't disagree with attendance figures for any team at any point in time.  

I disagree with your assertion,

When the Parra stadium redevelopment kicked off the size of the stadium was increased to cope with the WSW crowds.

I still have not seen or found any statement from anyone anywhere that WSW crowds numbers made any difference to the chosen Capacity

The Stadium was built as part of a $1.6 Billion, 4 stage process to give NSW a range of drawcard facilities, that's according to the NSW Premier who signed the cheque

I get that the facts don't fit your narrative, but just be big enough to admit you were wrong and learned something.  Its not that hard. Or provide the evidence

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

going over some petty points by many imo.
Fact is Parra Stad was old and rundown and not big enough from way way back as all know, Eels no matter their own crowds being down not having good seasons would have had far more clout in the big picture having been users of the stadium farfar longer and the nrl's history dealing with the local/State govs compared to sockah.
Sure WSW was going through the high times but lets not make out as if they had the high ground please.
In the end it was a win win for whoever use's Bankwest more so spectators.
Leave the dick comparo in the pants for NRL still has more clout than our game in Sydney.

Love Football

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 4 May 2021 10:58 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 3 May 2021 10:27 PM

The headline:
Pressure is growing for Western Sydney fans to face a penalty for the multiple flares lit at the derby on Friday night.

Pressure from who exactly? This news"paper"?

Police might start handing out spot fines to be paid in 28 days and a Court date or something like that If the fans want to sneak in flares, the group will get picked on more.
The RBB fans came back for the Sydney derby pretty much, given the Newscorp shaming in 2015, but this could mean they leave for about 10 years.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 3 May 2021 11:12 AM
Has Ray Hadley come out today and said anything in regards to the stabbing in the local Rugby League match in Campbelltown on the weekend?

Or was it not Rugby League related cause it was in the 'car park' ?!

I actually heard on the news of that day on both major Sydney talkback stations that the stabbing incident in a nearby carpark was unrelated to the Rugby League match, that is what was reported anyway.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

soccerfoo - 6 May 2021 4:56 PM
Davide82 - 4 May 2021 10:58 AM

Police might start handing out spot fines to be paid in 28 days and a Court date or something like that If the fans want to sneak in flares, the group will get picked on more.
The RBB fans came back for the Sydney derby pretty much, given the Newscorp shaming in 2015, but this could mean they leave for about 10 years.
Gallop Not defending the Soccer code back in 2015 after the shaming of fans doesn't come as a surprise, he was ex-Newscorp management so his ties to that Corporation run deep. Exclusive rights to Fox and No FTA is further evidence of that. Scratching each other's backs. The game has been suffocated to a major degree.

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

soccerfoo - 6 May 2021 5:17 PM

I actually heard on the news of that day on both major Sydney talkback stations that the stabbing incident in a nearby carpark was unrelated to the Rugby League match, that is what was reported anyway.

Of course it was 'unrelated', if that was a soccer match on the other hand....

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Buggalugs the Third - 6 May 2021 2:49 PM
WC20182022 - 6 May 2021 2:29 PM

I don't disagree with attendance figures for any team at any point in time.  

I disagree with your assertion,

When the Parra stadium redevelopment kicked off the size of the stadium was increased to cope with the WSW crowds.

I still have not seen or found any statement from anyone anywhere that WSW crowds numbers made any difference to the chosen Capacity

The Stadium was built as part of a $1.6 Billion, 4 stage process to give NSW a range of drawcard facilities, that's according to the NSW Premier who signed the cheque

I get that the facts don't fit your narrative, but just be big enough to admit you were wrong and learned something.  Its not that hard. Or provide the evidence

Some contemporary articles for you.  But not all of them had made it through from 2013.  Coupled with the stats that @Gyfox provided I believe the case for who the senior tenant was at the time is clear.  

Article 1
https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/ffa-welcomes-investment-new-parramatta-stadium.  Quote from this article
“If not for the thousands of Wanderers fans who regularly fill the current Parramatta Stadium, there wouldn’t have been a compelling case for the funding.

Article 2
Western Sydney Wanderers seek new home for growing band of fans 
By Callan Lawrence 
May 16, 2013, 12:25 p.m.
It may have taken only one season for barnstorming Western Sydney Wanderers fans to outgrow their home at Parramatta Stadium.
The black-and-red army packed the 21,000 seat ground three times in club’s first A-League season, and averaged about 12,400 at home games.
Those early signs of the club’s popularity have already sparked talks about the need to redevelop the stadium, or move elsewhere.
After speaking to developer industry heavyweights at a forum Wednesday, Football Federation of Australia chief David Gallop said talks with state and federal governments were underway. 
“With three sell out crowds last season, you don’t have to look too far into the crystal ball to see that pretty soon demand will outsell supply every week and therefore we need to be meeting that supply with more seats, better corporate facilities, and a better stadium,’’ he said.
“Generally, the fans of the Wanderers have a great love already of playing in Parramatta but they deserve to not miss out, so yeah, there’s already dialogue underway with local and state governments.â€
Mr Gallop said there was pressure to supply enough grounds in western Sydney to meet demand for grass-roots sports already and the additional one million people expected over the next two decades would increase that.
But that population boom would also mean more Wanderers and Eels fans.
“In a short period of time the Wanderers are well and truly going to outgrow Parramatta Stadium, so we’re going to need a bigger upgrade to that stadium -- or wouldn’t it be great if we had a new stadium for western Sydney?.†
David Borger, a former Parramatta lord mayor, state minister and now western Sydney director of NSW Business Chamber, said the Wanderers had united western Sydney people and now needed a new stadium to cater for them.
“Western Sydney doesn’t exist,†he said, “It’s a construct.â€
“When you talk to people they say, ‘I come from Penrith’, or ‘I come from Parramatta’.
“There’s a real problem around that. The characters of western Sydney, the stereotypes, are not liked in popular culture.
“One thing that is changing that in particular, though, is the passionate pride (people have) in the Western Sydney Wanderers who have already brought people together and thrived on community support.
“So if they continue to build a champion team, I think we will see people start to identify with western Sydney.
“It’s time we did something about the cultural infrastructure of the region, not just Parramatta, but for the region.
“It’s time we did something about Parramatta Stadium. It would be great to see 40,000 supporters getting off at the station and walking down the street to games.â€
Parramatta MP Geoff Lee said he has talked to Wanderers, the Eels, Venues NSW and the Sports Minister about the future needs of the stadium. 
"It's 25 years old and needs an upgrade of seating, facilities, corporate areas and increased capacity," Mr Lee said.
"The government recognises the need to upgrade the stadium however there are no funds available at this stage. 
"I will continue to lobby for funds for an upgrade.
"The Wanderers have signed up to play at Parramatta for years. 
"We need to continue to seek funding for a stadium upgrade. 
"Losing the Wanderers will make it difficult to have a case for an upgrade. 
"I will continue to work with Venues NSW and the Sports Minister to seek support for funding."

Article 3
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ffa-ceo-david-gallop-will-petition-for-bigger-stadium-for-a-league-leaders-western-sydney-wanderers/news-story/d3a95b4366572836c8b25a0aaa55b4bb

WC1day
WC1day
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 6 May 2021 4:02 PM
going over some petty points by many imo.
Fact is Parra Stad was old and rundown and not big enough from way way back as all know, Eels no matter their own crowds being down not having good seasons would have had far more clout in the big picture having been users of the stadium farfar longer and the nrl's history dealing with the local/State govs compared to sockah.
Sure WSW was going through the high times but lets not make out as if they had the high ground please.
In the end it was a win win for whoever use's Bankwest more so spectators.
Leave the dick comparo in the pants for NRL still has more clout than our game in Sydney.

Agree your thoughts entirely.  My OP was lamenting how we and WSW have declined so far, so fast, and we have a long road ahead of us.  I would rather focus on the road ahead and what we will do to get better.  
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Hardcore Fan

WC20182022 - 6 May 2021 5:29 PM
Buggalugs the Third - 6 May 2021 2:49 PM

Some contemporary articles for you.  But not all of them had made it through from 2013.  Coupled with the stats that @Gyfox provided I believe the case for who the senior tenant was at the time is clear.  

Gallop doing PR spin and trying to claim credit.  If that's your evidence, and you believe, I can't say anymore.

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

jaymz - 3 May 2021 11:21 AM

It is about time journalists, and more importantly the games leadership start pointing out this inconsistency. Now is a great opportunity too given how close the incidents were to each other

To further my point, we (the FA and Journos) should also be highlighting the inconsistencies on this incident too. The footage is pretty bad, someone gets kicked in the back of the head whilst they are on the ground and not looking

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-rugby-league-news-brawl-under-13s-game-brisbane-video/news-story/dedc19c140db2d065785d6527f925154

Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

jaymz - 10 May 2021 7:59 PM
jaymz - 3 May 2021 11:21 AM

To further my point, we (the FA and Journos) should also be highlighting the inconsistencies on this incident too. The footage is pretty bad, someone gets kicked in the back of the head whilst they are on the ground and not looking

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-rugby-league-news-brawl-under-13s-game-brisbane-video/news-story/dedc19c140db2d065785d6527f925154

Unfortunately doesn’t fit the mainstream narrative mate. Everyone on this forum knows they are out to get us. 
This is one of the main reasons why I was sick of past  administrations appeasing the ‘sports fan’ and not the football fan. Stuff the other sports 

jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 10 May 2021 8:03 PM
jaymz - 10 May 2021 7:59 PM

Unfortunately doesn’t fit the mainstream narrative mate. Everyone on this forum knows they are out to get us. 
This is one of the main reasons why I was sick of past  administrations appeasing the ‘sports fan’ and not the football fan. Stuff the other sports 

I agree, but i am tired of us being so passive. We have 2 incidents in 2 weeks from rugby league an no one from football seems interested in hitting back and saying we are not the only sport with an issue. Even a FA press release on it would get some sort of traction

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

@ jaymz
Why  dont  F.A  say  something ,  Is  it  too  much  to   ask?   I  mean  how   hard  is  it .. ?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search