PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League rights

PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League...

Author
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Midfielder - 7 Sep 2021 12:36 PM
Remember you can watch all matches live on 10play… but watch the Socceroo’s on 10.

Are you aiming at the ratings angle? Because the vast majority of us are not going to count for broadcast ratings. 10play ratings however will actually count everybody that is watching, not just those with a ratings box, or whatever they're using for that these days.

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 7 Sep 2021 11:30 AM
sportaddict - 7 Sep 2021 8:42 AM

As much as I like Bozza, where would he fit exactly? He clearly doesn’t have the voice to be a permanent expert commentator. A streaming service such as Paramount is unlikely to do a “Super Saturday” format, extensive pre/post games shows, or a “Round Table” type show.

We do know Ch 10 will be doing a weekly magazine show prior to the Saturday night game. But I’m thinking the people involved in the “Road to Qatar show last week might be doing this (with a female added to the mix).  

There doesn’t seem to be a spot for Bozza.

Paramount needs to have a point of difference from Foxtel, happy to see some new faces on Paramount.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Can anyone remember the last time we had a world cup qualifier on Major TV network in prime timeish....have we ever?

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

From vague memory Japan world cup was on channel 9....but we obviously not there.
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

tsf - 7 Sep 2021 4:40 PM
Can anyone remember the last time we had a world cup qualifier on Major TV network in prime timeish....have we ever?

We have China, Japan & Vietnam all away games will be at decent hours, plus the 4 remaining home matches ... so 7 of the final 9 games at good times for viewing... 
df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)

sportaddict - 7 Sep 2021 8:42 AM

A streaming service such as Paramount is unlikely to do a “Super Saturday” format, extensive pre/post games shows, or a “Round Table” type show.

Why not? It would still be advantageous to keep people watching continuously across all the Saturday games.

There will definitely be a panels how on Channel 10 before the Saturday night game, but I'm hoping they make the effort with pre-game coverage etc., and don't just have a straight to kick-off form of coverage.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

df1982 - 7 Sep 2021 6:33 PM

Why not? It would still be advantageous to keep people watching continuously across all the Saturday games.

There will definitely be a panels how on Channel 10 before the Saturday night game, but I'm hoping they make the effort with pre-game coverage etc., and don't just have a straight to kick-off form of coverage.

I can't remember where I got this

Many, many interesting and detailed elements to this interview with APL CEO Danny T – chief among them:
1 Formal legal unbundling happened just last week. APL is literally the ‘owner’ of the leagues
2 More detail about the 10/Paramount+ rights partnership.
– Value.
– ‘Hard trigger’ 5+3 years.
– FTA 10/Bold split.
– Equity investment.
- Saturday Night Football on 10 will be huge - 4 shows back to back over 4.5 hours.
3 Building the Direct to Consumer (DTC) model in Australian Football.
– Central to this strategy is the APL $30m ‘Digital Strategy’, including:
– Leveraging the rights partnership/content to building a ‘customer acquisition’ model for the APL business – not a traditional sports ‘real estate’ model.
– Becoming Australia’s biggest football content producer for all football fans from the grass roots to the A-league, State Leagues and the Eurosnobs.
– Delivering this with a digital football content portal with the working title ‘Football Hub’.
– Bringing all the games data together to mine it to build the DTC model.
4. An APL “investment pipeline”, starting with the Digital Strategy, but going to:
– Investment in on field A-League quality
– Investing in on field W-League quality
– Investing in content creating team and the ‘APL Studios’ to build that up to be what it needs to be.
5 General Australian and international sports market and future directions, most interestingly:
– Making it clear the A-League is its own legitimate league in a giant football family
– “Doubling down” of the ACL.
– Presenting the A-League as “adjacent” to leading leagues to draw in new football fans – with APL doing direct content deals with all the leading leagues.
6 ‘Process’ for appointing the APL executive team.
Edited
3 Years Ago by patjennings
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

With coverage starting at 9:30 tonight on the main channel, there's a good chance this gets very good ratings.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

can someone fill me in here re paramount and stan.

Haven't signed up with either as yet.

Apart from seeing AL games I'm wanting CL/Europa etc.....

I'm a SFC member, could sign up getting that small discount @ $75 for paramount for one.

I did try out Stan little while ago with the short free offer period, opted out when due for I didn't think I was getting anything more than I currently have.
(have Fox/Optus Sport)
Stan email recieved the other day to re activate $10 addon from standard plan incl sport therefore CL/Europa etc as well.

Which way to go.

Love Football

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

LFC. - 14 Sep 2021 12:44 PM
can someone fill me in here re paramount and stan.

Haven't signed up with either as yet.

Apart from seeing AL games I'm wanting CL/Europa etc.....

I'm a SFC member, could sign up getting that small discount @ $75 for paramount for one.

I did try out Stan little while ago with the short free offer period, opted out when due for I didn't think I was getting anything more than I currently have.
(have Fox/Optus Sport)
Stan email recieved the other day to re activate $10 addon from standard plan incl sport therefore CL/Europa etc as well.

Which way to go.

Paramount has pretty much all of the Aussie stuff. Some of it will be live & free on FTA/10play, the rest will be available on Paramount only.
Full list:
  • Matildas Friendly Internationals (home and away)
  • Socceroos Friendly Internationals (home and away)
  • A-League
  • W-League
  • U23 Men’s Friendly Internationals (home)
  • Socceroos’ 2026 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier Round 2 matches (home)
  • Other Football Australia controlled Youth National Teams matches (home)
  • FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Asian Qualifiers – Round Three (including prospective Play-Off matches)
  • AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Finals
  • AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 Finals
  • AFC U23 Asian Cup Finals 2022, 2024
  • AFC Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament (Final Round) for Paris Olympics 2024
  • AFC U20 Asian Cup Finals 2023
  • AFC U17 Asian Cup Finals 2023
  • AFC U20 Women’s Asian Cup Finals 2022 and 2024
  • AFC U17 Women’s Asian Cup Finals 2022 and 2024
  • AFC Futsal Asian Cup Finals 2022, 2024
  • AFC Solidarity Cup 2024
  • A-League Club Play-Off matches to enter FFA Cup Round of 32
  • All FFA Cup matches played from Round of 32 onwards, including the Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and the FFA Cup Final
  • All non-Australian matches across AFC competitions, including Round 3 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches and AFC Asian Cup matches

If you want the UEFA stuff, Stan is your only option unless you have a VPN.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

yer tah mate for that list re paramount.
My issue will be by the look of it how much more do I wish to pay to view football I want to see.
Its getting messy for people like me
Optus S for EPL - tick I have
Fox - has Bein watch other leagues - tick I have
Next I have to get paramount to watch AL
Next to consider Stan for CL/Europa etc

Far out this is getting OTT.
By the way re VPN, I do go through my business server, any tips seing you mention this.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro

LFC. - 14 Sep 2021 3:38 PM
By the way re VPN, I do go through my business server, any tips seing you mention this.

Sorry mate, haven't used a VPN in a while. I used to use one years ago for the A-League. It was just a matter of changing the apparent location to Japan and then you could stream A-League games on YouTube. I'm sure there are some others on this forum that use VPN's for football content that could shed some light.
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

LFC. - 14 Sep 2021 3:38 PM
yer tah mate for that list re paramount.
My issue will be by the look of it how much more do I wish to pay to view football I want to see.
Its getting messy for people like me
Optus S for EPL - tick I have
Fox - has Bein watch other leagues - tick I have
Next I have to get paramount to watch AL
Next to consider Stan for CL/Europa etc

Far out this is getting OTT.

If you are going to use a VPN use it for the champs league. We should not be supporting paying for sport add on's on streaming services as it will only encourage other companies to do the same and we will end up with foxtel v2

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thanks for your replies fellas.

It sure is becoming a melting pot if your a supporter like me with vast interests, not just football other sport as well.
Money grabbing by all of them in the big picture.

Stan gone up another level since Fox - at least with Fox we can streamline our package to suit at a reasonable price, we have our landline/NBN is bundled with Fox.
Stan like a maccas, like to add fries/their case sport therefore pay X above your current package.
Stan basic $10, SSport $10 more........so at $20 bucks.
Paramount I can get my AL member discount add another $75 !

We have Optus Sport - this account has been brilliant for its deal and works a treat. Shame they lost out the CL/Europa.

FFS coming to the point of - can't have it all.

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

LFC. - 15 Sep 2021 12:39 PM
Thanks for your replies fellas.

It sure is becoming a melting pot if your a supporter like me with vast interests, not just football other sport as well.
Money grabbing by all of them in the big picture.

Stan gone up another level since Fox - at least with Fox we can streamline our package to suit at a reasonable price, we have our landline/NBN is bundled with Fox.
Stan like a maccas, like to add fries/their case sport therefore pay X above your current package.
Stan basic $10, SSport $10 more........so at $20 bucks.
Paramount I can get my AL member discount add another $75 !

We have Optus Sport - this account has been brilliant for its deal and works a treat. Shame they lost out the CL/Europa.

FFS coming to the point of - can't have it all.

I would resubscribe to stan if they included sports into theor subscription but they are asking for an extra 10 dollars hell no. 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Been any word on international broadcast rights? I wonder if BT sport in the UK will keep it.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Sep 2021 1:11 PM
LFC. - 15 Sep 2021 12:39 PM

I would resubscribe to stan if they included sports into theor subscription but they are asking for an extra 10 dollars hell no. 

thats what they want, extra 10 for sport, I agree stuff em.

Love Football

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

Fairfax reporting EPL rights may go for a high as 80 plus million... blind auction in November... The articles indicates Optus have 900K subs on their sports channel., and mostly for EPL.

Bidders are expected to be, Optus, Stan, CBS and Amazon, and Fox as well but the thinking is Fox will be priced out...

The survey carried out was just after Paramount launched which more than likely has changed.... 

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/blind-auction-for-english-premier-league-rights-could-re-shape-aussie-streaming-landscape-20210919-p58sx4.html

parts only of the articled copied below... 

The EPL rights, currently held by telecom operator Optus, are expected to fetch as much as $80 million annually in the auction which will be held before the end of the year, according to industry sources who requested anonymity because the process is confidential.

The EPL rights auction is expected to be a four-way battle involving two Australian broadcasters, Optus and Stan Sport, and two cashed-up American-owned players, Paramount+ and Amazon Prime Video, which both have aggressive growth ambitions. 

“Of all the content coming to market in the foreseeable future, the EPL rights are probably the last ones that have the potential to drive incremental subs for a streaming service,” said Andrew Condon, managing director of sports marketing consultancy Gemba.

Optus has more than 900,000 active subscribers and, according to sources, is keen to retain the EPL rights

According to a survey conducted by Gemba on the streaming market in Australia conducted shortly after Paramount+ launched in Australia on August 11,

Paramount + just four per cent of households have access to the service,
 Stan Sport (seven per cent),
 Amazon (24 per cent),
Optus (10 per cent),
Kayo Sports (14 per cent)
and Netflix (66 per cent).

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Would be nice for the A League to lead into EPL like it used to on Fox.  

No way I'm playing the Stan game of having to get a Basic package to get the Sport. I'll never forget how Foxtel played that shitty game.  I'll go without Champions League if it comes to that.   
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ErogenousZone - 20 Sep 2021 4:30 PM
Would be nice for the A League to lead into EPL like it used to on Fox.  

No way I'm playing the Stan game of having to get a Basic package to get the Sport. I'll never forget how Foxtel played that shitty game.  I'll go without Champions League if it comes to that.   

wouldn't it be so nice CL stayed at Optus, without a doubt the best I've viewed football, Optus has been brilliant.
I'm not going Stan and I'm afraid I'm not going paramount as well.
I'm not getting it just for AL, (have to just go to games being a member anyway and other means to see highlights)
EZ, I tried out streaming CL last week, worked a treat.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)Rising Star (951 reputation)

LFC. - 20 Sep 2021 5:18 PM
ErogenousZone - 20 Sep 2021 4:30 PM

wouldn't it be so nice CL stayed at Optus, without a doubt the best I've viewed football, Optus has been brilliant.
I'm not going Stan and I'm afraid I'm not going paramount as well.
I'm not getting it just for AL, (have to just go to games being a member anyway and other means to see highlights)
EZ, I tried out streaming CL last week, worked a treat.

If you're a member then Paramount is crazy cheap, like 70 bucks for a whole year, allowing you to watch away games and any other fixtures you want, rather than poking around illegal streams or what have you. A much better deal than Stan's 20 bucks a month for a comp that doesn't even get interesting until the knockout stages anyway.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes I know df1982.
Its actually $75 being a SFC member but like all you got to draw a line.
Compared to many I have a great Fox deal suited to our needs. (it also covers many other sports I/we watch)
I have been a client since it started and its also linked with our home landline/NBN through Telstra.
Our package is modest but its still a cost and to unbundle it would be such a PIA.
Then we have Optus Sport and Netflix.
I mentioned I'm not touching Stan, for its cost to watch CL/Europa etc no way.
I can live with streams for this season, no I watch every LFC game for every game is interesting for me and I love watching my Club play no matter whatwhen.
Paying another 75 bucks to paramount that nothing else interests me/us and more so alot of duplication or similar adds up paying to view.

Love Football

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

LFC. - 20 Sep 2021 7:06 PM
yes I know df1982.
Its actually $75 being a SFC member but like all you got to draw a line.
Compared to many I have a great Fox deal suited to our needs. (it also covers many other sports I/we watch)
I have been a client since it started and its also linked with our home landline/NBN through Telstra.
Our package is modest but its still a cost and to unbundle it would be such a PIA.
Then we have Optus Sport and Netflix.
I mentioned I'm not touching Stan, for its cost to watch CL/Europa etc no way.
I can live with streams for this season, no I watch every LFC game for every game is interesting for me and I love watching my Club play no matter whatwhen.
Paying another 75 bucks to paramount that nothing else interests me/us and more so alot of duplication or similar adds up paying to view.

Isn't less than $3 per week of viewing?  50 cents per A-League match?

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

Ch 10 starting to run Football ads... 

I think it will only increase
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 20 Sep 2021 7:18 PM
LFC. - 20 Sep 2021 7:06 PM

Isn't less than $3 per week of viewing?  50 cents per A-League match?

Yep. So much whining. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Midfielder - 20 Sep 2021 11:15 PM
Ch 10 starting to run Football ads... 

I think it will only increase

ABC have an interesting 4 Corners report on the Aleague coming up on Monday 8.30...

https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/a-league-of-their-own/13554656

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2021 11:22 PM

ABC have an interesting 4 Corners report on the Aleague coming up on Monday 8.30...

I mean, there's nothing subtle about the timing of this "investigation" is there....
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Sep 2021 11:22 PM

Thanks for the warning...

Talk about anti soccer Australian media....

Its not hard to find Football people in Australia to complain ....

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)Amateur (629 reputation)

If there wasn't something to report on then there wouldn't be a 4 corners report.
bettega
bettega
World Class

AnthonyC - 25 Sep 2021 8:18 AM
If there wasn't something to report on then there wouldn't be a 4 corners report.

I'm not sure you can say that as a general rule.

We''ll have to wait and see what transpires on Monday night in this particular case.

Looking across all 12 clubs, there are only 3 or 4 ownership groups which might have a tiny bit of controversy attached to them.  So you wouldn't really call that widespread or a pattern.

From a pure footballing perspective, you could argue that the Jets being owned by three other A-League clubs is a bigger controversy than anything 4 Corners will uncover.

Having said that, there are two clubs where the financial backers are largely anonymous to the football family.   That may or may not be an issue, depends on who these backers are.  You wouldn't want to be backed by a Chinese property developer at this point in time.

The other thing is, and I'm not sure this is an issue at all, but I've often wondered whether foreign ownership of A-League clubs could allow for forms of money laundering.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search