PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League rights

PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League...

Author
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Midfielder - 10 Nov 2021 11:00 PM
Damo and Darren at it again .....

Children, take a deep breath, count backwards from 100 and relax....

In simple terms what we have today is better in most measurable ways.... but not everything from the past was wrong... 

The thing I like about 10 so far is they talk about Australian Professional Football and the senior teams without the need to lecture everyone about their short comings... 

SBS for all there good work were incapable of not telling us how to run the game, the coaching was to English, the appointment of the national coaches was wrong, the wrong national coaches were chosen, the structure was wrong, the wrong people were in charge, we were not enough like Europe and so on an so on.... Ex senior internationals on Fox similar.....

While nothing about was entirely untrue it was also laboured to the point of holding the game back .... never any good news... always negative...

10 are different to date, they report whats happened and show and call the games... OMG its nice not to be lectured to by journalist who believe only they have the wisdom...

Criticism is needed, but it needs to be balanced. We don't want the alternative of a bunch of yes men towing the corporate line. Simon Hill is really good at being balanced and offering constructive criticism. Hopefully the new digital app will do this.  

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

jaymz - 11 Nov 2021 9:50 AM
Decentric 2 - 11 Nov 2021 8:59 AM

I hate watching a bunch of ex pros talk about "war stories" it takes the focus off what people are actually watching for. Slater is a special for it

You can add plenty of others on football panels too. 

Cricket also has some shockers as well, particularly when on a panel together.
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

Davide82 - 10 Nov 2021 8:46 PM
Anyone else finding it annoying you can't rewind the stream on the 10play app?

Missed 2nd and 3rd goals of WSW game tonight and it reminded me.

Going to miss being able to do that!! 

its very annoying
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Damo and Darren at it again .....

Children, take a deep breath, count backwards from 100 and relax....

In simple terms what we have today is better in most measurable ways.... but not everything from the past was wrong... 

The thing I like about 10 so far is they talk about Australian Professional Football and the senior teams without the need to lecture everyone about their short comings... 

SBS for all there good work were incapable of not telling us how to run the game, the coaching was to English, the appointment of the national coaches was wrong, the wrong national coaches were chosen, the structure was wrong, the wrong people were in charge, we were not enough like Europe and so on an so on.... Ex senior internationals on Fox similar.....

While nothing about was entirely untrue it was also laboured to the point of holding the game back .... never any good news... always negative...

10 are different to date, they report whats happened and show and call the games... OMG its nice not to be lectured to by journalist who believe only they have the wisdom...

D & D eh ? ah the Dynamic Duo agreed :)

Relaxed totally my friend sit back in your recliner also :)

As mentioned nothing wrong with different opinions and as for myself I attend/follow AL (and a huge grass roots/NPL also) - I don't knock professionlism and it is way better heck we're in 2021 and at the sametime I'm watching a comp that has followed AFL/NRL/MLS that is NOT in real footballs DNA and all its other short comings, we all can have a voice.

Cheeez you guys allowing pundits get to you, some are good some not, take it with a grain of salt.
The changes with females like Mel/Tara etc onwards is very good refreshing, mix's it up.

By the way in all my channel surfing each night I have not seen 1 AL commercial/promo or anything re the Roos game tonight.

Oh D2, so back in the day they shouldn't have introduced ex players like Richie/Lawry/Griegy/Taylor etcetc same goes re EPL no, just retired players in recent times Neville/Carra/Wright could carry on with countless more, come on, you can ignore the ones who beat their drum BUT they have good intel and real world experience.
Sure any of these ex retirees may go on war stories but they are countered by the neutral lead commentator as well.
Networks have their choice of pundits/commentaters, its their call making right balanced choices, there can be only so many good ones like Benaud/Les Murray/Hill for eg.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

LFC. - 11 Nov 2021 11:00 AM

By the way in all my channel surfing each night I have not seen 1 AL commercial/promo or anything re the Roos game tonight.

I've actually seen quite a bit of regular advertising over the last week. Both A-League promos as well as for the Saudi game. I don't watch a lot of FTA but I've been putting on the re-runs of The Office on 10 Shake and there has been quite a few football ads. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

someguyjc - 11 Nov 2021 11:07 AM

I've actually seen quite a bit of regular advertising over the last week. Both A-League promos as well as for the Saudi game. I don't watch a lot of FTA but I've been putting on the re-runs of The Office on 10 Shake and there has been quite a few football ads. 

It helps if you watch Channel 10. (which, let's be honest, not many people do.) They've been promoting it pretty heavily and they got some good A-League ads going.

Anyone that expects to see these ads run on rival networks is deluded. It's not like the NRL would run an ad on 7 or 10.

Paramount+ will be the first subscription TV service I will have ever purchased. 

Edit: Aus v KSA is on the header on the 10play website. (Admittedly after the Bachelorette and she does kiss other girls so there is that but it is there.) Also this. https://10play.com.au/afc-asian-qualifiers-road-to-qatar

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Muz, yer I don't expect them on other channels, wife watchs some shows on 10/HD and whatever - I do get up during ad breaks many times mind you for I can only take so much of the shows she likes :) I walk away as soon as I see or hear the Project, they make me puke from way way way back..

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

LFC. - 11 Nov 2021 12:08 PM
Muz, yer I don't expect them on other channels, wife watchs some shows on 10/HD and whatever - I do get up during ad breaks many times mind you for I can only take so much of the shows she likes :) I walk away as soon as I see or hear the Project, they make me puke from way way way back..

I play online chess at night and will often have Seinfeld on in the background or some other lame movie that's been on TV a dozen times so I see a fair few of them.

What I see more than anything though is those farking sports betting ads. FFS. Would see 50 in a night. Particularly late at night. Must be when all the young sportsbetting blokes are up. At least they know their demographic. 25-35 year olds I'm guessing.  

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Sorry mate didn't mean to come off rude when I said 'deluded'. Was actually talking in general.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 11 Nov 2021 12:27 PM

I play online chess at night and will often have Seinfeld on in the background or some other lame movie that's been on TV a dozen times so I see a fair few of them.

What I see more than anything though is those farking sports betting ads. FFS. Would see 50 in a night. Particularly late at night. Must be when all the young sportsbetting blokes are up. At least they know their demographic. 25-35 year olds I'm guessing.  

oh yer I see those bloody ads, the irony " remember gamble responsively" GTFO !

Love Football

petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Ditto.

i've been pleasantly surprised by just how much advertising the league (and the Socceroos match) has been getting.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

petszk - 11 Nov 2021 1:21 PM

Ditto.

i've been pleasantly surprised by just how much advertising the league (and the Socceroos match) has been getting.

Channel 10 have been pretty good with the Socceroos and soccer in general lately, kudos. But it is pretty shit that last nights news (at least 7 and 9) didn't even mention the game was on, at least that I saw.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 1:35 PM

Channel 10 have been pretty good with the Socceroos and soccer in general lately, kudos. But it is pretty shit that last nights news (at least 7 and 9) didn't even mention the game was on, at least that I saw.

+999999999999
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 1:56 PM

+999999999999

Its soo frustrating, Channel 7 had 14 stories about AFL off season bullshit and no mention of an important national team WC qualifier. I'm not trying to bag your Paramount/10 media deal Mid but good luck getting cut through, down here in Melbourne at least, it is like pushing shit up hill with a  sharp stick.... 
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Just looked at the smh sports page i.e. 7 hours out from the game... no article on the game on the sports fron page you need to go to the soccer tab ... RL mostly .... they call it soccer now and the lead story on the soccer tab is in the French womens game where a player has been arrested for attacking another player...

Our media ownership laws are such that now the 9 group own the FTA station 9, the Fairfax publishing group, and a huge radio network, that Football will struggle for any space...

We need as a collective to make Football work on 10... kinda like allow a settling in period etc... I am actually stunned that Fairfax don't have an article on the match.... it clearly demonstrates that our traditional MSM outlets have become almost platforms to launch their products...  

Edited
3 Years Ago by Midfielder
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 2:04 PM
Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 1:56 PM

Its soo frustrating, Channel 7 had 14 stories about AFL off season bullshit and no mention of an important national team WC qualifier. I'm not trying to bag your Paramount/10 media deal Mid but good luck getting cut through, down here in Melbourne at least, it is like pushing shit up hill with a  sharp stick.... 

Mon

The CBS / 10 deal may not be much given 10's share of the audience and 10 have no tie up with either Fairfax or News via Fox broadcasting... but its all we have... the ABC is full on AFL mostly then the summer of cricket and then netball or AFL's friend...

AS I keep saying we only have 10 and more than likely its that way for a long time... we need to make this work for 10 as no one else cares or better put everyone else is heavily invested elsewhere. and want Football to fail ... 
Muz
Muz
Legend

Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 2:05 PM

Just looked at the smh sports page i.e. 7 hours out from the game... no article on the game on the sports fron page you need to go to the soccer tab ... RL mostly .... they call it soccer now and the lead story on the soccer tab is in the French womens game where a player has been arrested for attacking another player...

Our media ownership laws are such that now the 9 group own the FTA station 9, the Fairfax publishing group, and a huge radio network, that Football will struggle for any space...

We need as a collective to make Football work on 10... kinda like allow a settling in period etc... I am actually stunned that Fairfax don't have an article on the match.... it clearly demonstrates that our traditional MSM outlets have become almost platforms to launch their products...  

I think we have to accept and understand that as a country we just don't care enough. Not sure what the answer is but the papers, the TV, the advertisers go where the eyeballs are and, in general, they ain't on soccer.

I mean we don't even watch the A-League in any large numbers. (And have a look at how many eurosnobs just love bagging out Australian football.)

Can only hope KSA don't score early tonight and go flopping around for 50 minutes giving every brain dead bogan an opportunity to put the boot into football yet again.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Davide82 - 10 Nov 2021 4:11 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 10 Nov 2021 4:05 PM

Viduka yes.
I doubt Bresciano was born and bred to love Carlton SC.
No doubt they had good good youth to seniors set-ups - woin't argue that point but again I think most of these players had the passion not just from their NSL clubs. Not all of them are Vidukas in that sense.

This belongs in the South thread but just take a read of what a 15 year old professional player thought/thinks of his old club..... nothing to do with us vs them.
https://jdlmedia.news/2021/11/11/i-owe-a-lot-to-them-city-coach-kisnorbo-looking-forward-to-going-back-where-it-all-began-against-south-melbourne/

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 2:12 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 2:04 PM

Mon

The CBS / 10 deal may not be much given 10's share of the audience and 10 have no tie up with either Fairfax or News via Fox broadcasting... but its all we have... the ABC is full on AFL mostly then the summer of cricket and then netball or AFL's friend...

AS I keep saying we only have 10 and more than likely its that way for a long time... we need to make this work for 10 as no one else cares or better put everyone else is heavily invested elsewhere. and want Football to fail ... 

Sorry Mid, all YOU have is channel 10, unless all of Australian Football is represented there are still alot like me who still fell on the outer. Surely you can see that?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 11 Nov 2021 2:46 PM
Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 2:05 PM

I think we have to accept and understand that as a country we just don't care enough. Not sure what the answer is but the papers, the TV, the advertisers go where the eyeballs are and, in general, they ain't on soccer.

I mean we don't even watch the A-League in any large numbers. (And have a look at how many eurosnobs just love bagging out Australian football.)

Can only hope KSA don't score early tonight and go flopping around for 50 minutes giving every brain dead bogan an opportunity to put the boot into football yet again.

I disagree mate, there are plenty of eyeballs on EPL and WC matches.......
Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 3:12 PM
Munrubenmuz - 11 Nov 2021 2:46 PM

I disagree mate, there are plenty of eyeballs on EPL and WC matches.......

Let me clarify. We don't care enough 'about football in Australia.'

Member since 2008.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 3:11 PM
Midfielder - 11 Nov 2021 2:12 PM

Sorry Mid, all YOU have is channel 10, unless all of Australian Football is represented there are still alot like me who still fell on the outer. Surely you can see that?

such the point that even Mid and all don't grasp.
Yes we love we have a Pro comp (I do) BUT without the levels below its all too small against so much against the game here.
Get the NSD up and running pronto at the very least, that will bring alot more interest/supporters on the fringe, its a start.
Eurosnobs a portion at least And the NPL diehards in time would give in.
Our only way to slowly break down the media barriers is bringing the levels below closer in turn bring supporters in bit by bit.

Love Football

Benched
Benched
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

CHEP - 8 Nov 2021 4:00 PM
+1 for Chromecast with Google TV - picked one up yesterday and it’s awesome

I'm so glad I trawled back and read this thread.

I have a brand new Samsung TV in the lounge that I can't get Paramount to work on, even through the web browser. Very frustrating.

However after reading everyones reviews of the Google Chromecast,  I'm going to get one for the bedroom TV. Jesus, after all these years of hooking my laptop up to it to watch Netflix, Kayo or whatever. 
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Benched - 11 Nov 2021 4:25 PM
CHEP - 8 Nov 2021 4:00 PM

I'm so glad I trawled back and read this thread.

I have a brand new Samsung TV in the lounge that I can't get Paramount to work on, even through the web browser. Very frustrating.

However after reading everyones reviews of the Google Chromecast,  I'm going to get one for the bedroom TV. Jesus, after all these years of hooking my laptop up to it to watch Netflix, Kayo or whatever. 

Just had mine (the one with google tv) delivered to work based on the suggestions in this thread aha
Edited
3 Years Ago by Davide82
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

I switched on Paramount last night just before kickoff and there was a banner that took up the whole screen “press play to watch Socceroos v Saudi Arabia.”

Now, that’s what I wanna see.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Gotta love 10 ... after the match last night watch the next two qualifiers mostly at the same time...

Never have we had this much to watch and support
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

With less than a week to go until we kick off the A-Leagues - we are excited to welcome lead commentator Robbie Thomson to the 10 Football team, after a decorated stint calling the beautiful game in Europe and interviewing some of the sports biggest stars ⚽
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

johnszasz - 13 Nov 2021 8:29 AM
With less than a week to go until we kick off the A-Leagues - we are excited to welcome lead commentator Robbie Thomson to the 10 Football team, after a decorated stint calling the beautiful game in Europe and interviewing some of the sports biggest stars ⚽

Have seen someone do a piece on his career before,  pretty decent and pretty big to lure him away from Europe. 

As for paramount, they better put a football tab at the top of the app because it's bloody annoying scrolling through the garbage to get to the football. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/football/news/network-10s-socceroos-tv-ratings-proof-massive-football-investment-will-pay-off/5mhgyjz1w9e11nozs93nyy2kh

Member since 2008.

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

10 Football@10FootballAU
The excitement is building...only 4 more days to go!Isuzu UTE @aleaguemen starts Friday November 19 | catch all the action on @ParamountPlusAU and @Channel10AU #WeAreALeagues
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search