PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League rights

PARAMOUNT/10 secure Socceroos/Matildas/FFA Cup/Asian Champions League...

Author
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Tom AUFC - 15 Jun 2021 7:36 PM
Midfielder - 15 Jun 2021 3:54 PM

I know I will be, and I will offset the costs by cancelling Kayo the moment the AFL season is over.

(Yes, I do like AFL, but not sure if I want to pay for it beyond this season)

The afl have their own apps coming soon. So keep an eye out . And paramount plus will be coming in august iirc
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Dan_The_Red - 15 Jun 2021 5:07 PM
When are we able to sign up? The thought of kicking Kayo (Foxtel) to the curb is jackin’ me to the tits.

1Aug21....$8.99 p/m...two cappuccinos, your shout.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

The combined deal is more than the last Fox deal....

marginally   more   than  a   deal    done  6  freaken  years  ago  ( and  thats  before  production  costs  &paying  the  AFC  whatever  costs &  padded  out  with  contra  )

and   will  still   be  locked   into  the  amount  in   5 years  from  now

Sheesh

Edited
3 Years Ago by Remote Control
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 15 Jun 2021 8:04 PM

marginally   more   than  a   deal    done  6  freaken  years  ago  ( and  thats  before  production  costs  &paying  the  AFC  whatever  costs)

Sheesh

You happy like me Remote BABY!!!!????? I'm running around the block in my birthday suit atm! Why am I hearing a siren?
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

marginally   more   than  a   deal    done  6  freaken  years  ago  ( and  thats  before  production  costs  &paying  the  AFC  whatever  costs &  padded  out  with  contra  )

Sheesh

Considering the state the game has been in for the last few years it's actually a minor miracle that they've got the deal they have. All of Australian professional football on one service for $8.99 a month, plus ample FTA coverage.

And the best part of the Rugari article in the SMH is the quotes from Channel 10's head honchos: that they want to build up the game over the long-term rather than looking for a quick buck. This is exactly the kind of partnership we need (and what has been lacking from Foxtel lately).

Something that I think has been realised in the recent popularity of the PL in the US, is that the broadcasting is predicated precisely on the league not being gimmicky, but rather a serious competition with a history and tradition that needs to be respected. Hopefully this is the same spirit Paramount brings to its A-League and national team overage.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

df1982 - 15 Jun 2021 9:15 PM

Considering the state the game has been in for the last few years it's actually a minor miracle that they've got the deal they have. All of Australian professional football on one service for $8.99 a month, plus ample FTA coverage.

And the best part of the Rugari article in the SMH is the quotes from Channel 10's head honchos: that they want to build up the game over the long-term rather than looking for a quick buck. This is exactly the kind of partnership we need (and what has been lacking from Foxtel lately).

Something that I think has been realised in the recent popularity of the PL in the US, is that the broadcasting is predicated precisely on the league not being gimmicky, but rather a serious competition with a history and tradition that needs to be respected. Hopefully this is the same spirit Paramount brings to its A-League and national team overage.

+++++++++++++++++9999999999999999999999999999
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

To all the bitters...

To all the AFL trolls...

To all the other trolls...

To all the Lowy hangers on....

To all the SBS O we can and only us can tell you how to run the game....

GAGF this is the best media deal ever in our history
Edited
3 Years Ago by Midfielder
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

TEN media release..

https://10play.com.au/10-play-trending/articles/10-viacomcbs-and-football-australia-announce-largest-socceroos-and-matildas-broadcast-deal-ever/tpa210615xuqbs

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

It's good to see and hear positivity again for the code, hopefully on the 29th June CCM can finally get control of the stadium and the FA approves the NSD model if both these happen we are going to be smiling non-stop until the WWCup in 23 

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Sheesh

Oh my.... there's always one

saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

GDeathe - 15 Jun 2021 9:47 PM
It's good to see and hear positivity again for the code, hopefully on the 29th June CCM can finally get control of the stadium and the FA approves the NSD model if both these happen we are going to be smiling non-stop until the WWCup in 23 

Yes the good news just keeps on rolling in!

Why the 29th of June for the CCM stadium deal... where did you hear that?
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

As I had said in recent days, the progress has been great to see from constant negativity in recent years. 

JJ and his team have delivered a significant amount so far, and while there is a long way to go, it’s good to have some news that isn’t just leading to more and more of a toxic situation at every turn. 

df1982
df1982
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 15 Jun 2021 7:40 PM
Tom AUFC - 15 Jun 2021 7:36 PM

The afl have their own apps coming soon. So keep an eye out . And paramount plus will be coming in august iirc

The most likely future I can see happening is one where each of the three commercial channels has their own streaming service: 9 has Stan, 10 will have Paramount, and 7 will get in on it too sooner or later (maybe through a merger with Optus?). 9/Stan will probably take the NRL off of Foxtel the next time the broadcast rights come up (doing what they've done for Rugby), and if 7 does the same for AFL then the goose is well and truly cooked for Fox Sports.

It's a good thing the A-League has left. There's no future in paying $50+ a month for a set-top box that has a bunch of channels you're not even interested in, when you can do bespoke streaming for >$10 a month per service, only paying for what you want. 

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

saweston - 15 Jun 2021 9:50 PM

Oh my.... there's always one

Don't  read the posts a troll at best maybe an AFL poster who knows...
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

JiMMM - 15 Jun 2021 5:55 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jun 2021 4:53 PM

Would you pick it up for the National teams/ FFA cup? I think that is what they will be aiming for, and at $9 a month that is pretty reasonable. 

Big week for the NSD with the FA hopefully signing off on the proposal and then implementation can start.

100%  $9 a month for Socceroos, Matildas, ACL and FFA cup and  Asian Cup 2023....  Under $100 a year (assume you can freeze for quiet months?) no brainer. Plus decent coin for FA so hope they can fund some facilities lobbying in the states, get an NSD up and running and look after the bloody sport so we can one day  be good at it... win win.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Not sure if it’s ignored but nothing on the Y-League(NYL) unless it’s canned by the APL clubs for next season? 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

saweston - 15 Jun 2021 9:53 PM
GDeathe - 15 Jun 2021 9:47 PM

Yes the good news just keeps on rolling in!

Why the 29th of June for the CCM stadium deal... where did you hear that?

Global game with Simon Hill, he interviewed Shaun Mielenkamp of the Mariners. The Council rights to the Stadium are up. Mariners want to get the rights and build shops around the Stadium and employ Central Coasties, which will include a Mariners pub.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 15 Jun 2021 6:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jun 2021 4:53 PM

My man!

👍
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 15 Jun 2021 9:35 PM
To all the bitters...

To all the AFL trolls...

To all the other trolls...

To all the Lowy hangers on....

To all the SBS O we can and only us can tell you how to run the game....

GAGF this is the best media deal ever in our history

Settle down buddy. Its a great deal The clubs owners will get lots of money, the federations will get a decent slice too (how well they use it is another matter) but don't expect anything else to change in your lifetime..... Its channel 10 and a streaming service.... dont go telling people to go and get f@cked just yet.....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Barca4Life - 15 Jun 2021 10:54 PM
Not sure if it’s ignored but nothing on the Y-League(NYL) unless it’s canned by the APL clubs for next season? 

Hmmmm I saw that too... Didn't want to spoil the party with my conspiracy theory that the NYL is the NSD......
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

It would be great if they picked up the rights to a NSD, surely it wouldn't need that much to make it viable. Would provide year round football and if the clubs sort out the loan system you would be able to watch your clubs young prospects develop in the 2nd division.

Beaten by Eldar

Royz2000
Royz2000
Super Fan
Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)Super Fan (113 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I believe Paramount+ Will go up in cost after 12 months to $24 bucks just like Kayo did.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jun 2021 10:53 PM
JiMMM - 15 Jun 2021 5:55 PM

100%  $9 a month for Socceroos, Matildas, ACL and FFA cup and  Asian Cup 2023....  Under $100 a year (assume you can freeze for quiet months?) no brainer. Plus decent coin for FA so hope they can fund some facilities lobbying in the states, get an NSD up and running and look after the bloody sport so we can one day  be good at it... win win.

agree
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jun 2021 11:02 PM
Midfielder - 15 Jun 2021 9:35 PM

Settle down buddy. Its a great deal The clubs owners will get lots of money, the federations will get a decent slice too (how well they use it is another matter) but don't expect anything else to change in your lifetime..... Its channel 10 and a streaming service.... dont go telling people to go and get f@cked just yet.....

Perhaps one to many Hunter Reds... I actually went out and brought a bottle to celebrate  and I am not a heavy drinker but we finished the bottle... 
df1982
df1982
Rising Star

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jun 2021 11:05 PM
Barca4Life - 15 Jun 2021 10:54 PM

Hmmmm I saw that too... Didn't want to spoil the party with my conspiracy theory that the NYL is the NSD......

Between their share of the A-League contract, and this new contract (which was way more than I thought they would end up getting), FA should now be pretty cashed up, enabling them to be more open to crazy new projects, like, oh I don't know, a national second division. This could be one of the main beneficiaries of the windfall.

And yes, I know the AAFC says they will be funding an NSD themselves, but it can't hurt if FA has a bit of cash in the kitty and is willing to at least be a back-up for any shortfalls.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Hats off to the team who negotiated this. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

I noticed the release on 10play says:
· Socceroos’ 2026 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier Round 2 matches (home)
Not noting away matches? I know that 10/paramount are producing that content but where would we be watching the away matches because as I read it,  they don't have the rights. 

The_Wookie
The_Wookie
Hacker
Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)Hacker (349 reputation)

soccerfoo - 15 Jun 2021 10:55 PM
saweston - 15 Jun 2021 9:53 PM

Global game with Simon Hill, he interviewed Shaun Mielenkamp of the Mariners. The Council rights to the Stadium are up. Mariners want to get the rights and build shops around the Stadium and employ Central Coasties, which will include a Mariners pub.

The Council own and manage the stadium. Their rights are not up. Mariners have put in an unsolicitied bid to manage the stadium, with the $4m proposal was for a 30-year lease in which the southern end of the stadium would be activated to include cafes, retail, licensed restaurants and a catering school open seven days.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/central-coast/central-coast-stadium-mariners-boss-blames-council-staff-for-burying-clubs-management-rights-bid/news-story/e5c7001333e8377943a58cfe2dc2c98b
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/central-coast/central-coast-stadium-naming-rights-up-for-grabs-as-expressions-of-interest-open/news-story/832fcef0aa6cae6f006dcdf7f921a9c2

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

deleted post
Edited
3 Years Ago by patjennings
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Has there been any mention of ACL?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search