Young Australian makes Serie A debut [Comments]

Young Australian makes Serie A debut [Comments]

Author
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Let him get a run of games before he is capped. A bit of persepctive, josh brillante played 35 minutes for Fiorentina at 21 and was back in the A league 2 years later. This guy played a few minutes off the bench at the end of the game. Everyone just relax and wait and see if he can become a bit more of a regular starter at Roma before we worry about capping him. 

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Lot's of talk about talent ID and pathways. Terms used in Australian Provincial Sports models. Not whats used in Football overseas.

In fact our Football Model is based on cut and paste from Australian Provincial Sports.

I have come to realise that this is our problem, failure to adopt Football Models from the rest of the World that have a higher probability of success.

Without a transfer system and player compensation system, getting players through the system is rare and generates a huge amount of wastage.
A TSPC demands a club make good economic decisions, providing patience in development, and forcing clubs to play youth, again for economic reasons, to play youth talent in the Senior Team to realise potential, and get a return on investment by selling the player to a bigger Club and or League.

As for pathways we are too focused on the one singular pathway, AL Acdemies, in a Football ecosystem there are multiple pathways, anchored on performance in lower leagues thus moving up the leagues and the value of the player increasing along the way. For simplicity think Jamie Vardy, and yes this doesnt happen in our unique football system.

As for player ID, fairdinkum that is the Mother Fucking easy part. All of you on this forum can identify talent.
Developing talent is the hard part, persisting with talent is hard, patience is hard.

And without wanting to sound like a broken record have more strong Clubs, in National tiers, focuses clubs on finding (Scouting Departments) talent and developing talent.

Well done to young Volpato, for going overseas, he is the rare case, the vast majority of boys in his situation would have just walked away from the game.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Maybe it's as simple as after he was cut he trained harder and got better?

Member since 2008.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 6 Dec 2021 11:51 AM
Maybe it's as simple as after he was cut he trained harder and got better?

Agree he obviously didn’t give up. And he was obviously fortunate enough to have the support to get him to Italy.
Very few have those advantages.

Fortunate to not be lost to the game like so many others 

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 9:03 AM
Dan_The_Red - 6 Dec 2021 7:18 AM

Again, would you’ve thrown out cheap Socceroos caps for  George Timotheou and Chris Herd in must win WCQ?

It’s one thing to come off the bench for a few minutes in a club game three goals behind. It’s completely different to travelling half way across the world in a matter of days to play in a must win WCQ game.

LOL stop acting like you’ve known this kid all these years. Did you scout him on Instagram?

Timotheou you’ve got me on, but Herd had already received a MOM premier league performance against Liverpool. If that isn’t cap worthy than you have unrealistic expectations.

It’s a game of football, the only difference is the quality of the opposition. Inter Milan would destroy every AFC national side. If Volpato can compete against them then he’s certainly worthy. Once again I’ll take Jose Mourinho’s judgement over yours, random internet guy.

I haven’t know about him for years nor insinuated that, but I’ve paid attention to his progress this calendar year and I’m not at all surprised by his debut and anyone who thinks a first team Roma player isnt worthy of a cap in this current Socceroos team is, quite frankly, an idiot.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Arthur - 6 Dec 2021 10:33 AM
Lot's of talk about talent ID and pathways. Terms used in Australian Provincial Sports models. Not whats used in Football overseas.

In fact our Football Model is based on cut and paste from Australian Provincial Sports.

I have come to realise that this is our problem, failure to adopt Football Models from the rest of the World that have a higher probability of success.

Without a transfer system and player compensation system, getting players through the system is rare and generates a huge amount of wastage.
A TSPC demands a club make good economic decisions, providing patience in development, and forcing clubs to play youth, again for economic reasons, to play youth talent in the Senior Team to realise potential, and get a return on investment by selling the player to a bigger Club and or League.

As for pathways we are too focused on the one singular pathway, AL Acdemies, in a Football ecosystem there are multiple pathways, anchored on performance in lower leagues thus moving up the leagues and the value of the player increasing along the way. For simplicity think Jamie Vardy, and yes this doesnt happen in our unique football system.

I have never understood/stand why there is no transfer fees between clubs within Australia. As you say, it produces several production lines for/of talent, at the same time clubs can benefit both financially and grow in size and strength, which then in turn can improve their youth development and so on and so forth. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)

Dan_The_Red - 6 Dec 2021 1:05 PM

Timotheou you’ve got me on, but Herd had already received a MOM premier league performance against Liverpool. If that isn’t cap worthy than you have unrealistic expectations.

It’s a game of football, the only difference is the quality of the opposition. Inter Milan would destroy every AFC national side. If Volpato can compete against them then he’s certainly worthy. Once again I’ll take Jose Mourinho’s judgement over yours, random internet guy.

I haven’t know about him for years nor insinuated that, but I’ve paid attention to his progress this calendar year and I’m not at all surprised by his debut and anyone who thinks a first team Roma player isnt worthy of a cap in this current Socceroos team is, quite frankly, an idiot.

I wish my brain was as simple as yours.

Just because Inter Milan would beat AFC then Volpato would beat AFC? LOL. 

These players aren’t robots, especially a teenager who’s played three minutes of professional football regardless of the league.

Throwing this guy in the deep end in the pressure cooker of a must win WCQ against decent opposition halfway across the world (it’s not like we’re playing Bangladesh or Mongolia) with team mates he’s never played with before?

This is completely different to coming off the bench in added time three goals behind.

Again, calm down. There’s plenty more examples of guys burning out… Tommy Oar, Michael Zullo and Josh Brillante. 

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jaymz - 6 Dec 2021 10:25 AM
Let him get a run of games before he is capped. A bit of persepctive, josh brillante played 35 minutes for Fiorentina at 21 and was back in the A league 2 years later. This guy played a few minutes off the bench at the end of the game. Everyone just relax and wait and see if he can become a bit more of a regular starter at Roma before we worry about capping him. 

Agree with this.
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Mate he isnt a first team player. He is a player who has played for the first team and even that was for just 3 minutes. He is off to a great start to life at Roma, but this has happened countless times just for the player to find their level which is usually not as high as initially expected. Brad Smith played for Liverpool and is now in the MLS for example. 

No one is saying not to cap him, everyone is saying to just wait and see his level. Its for his benefit as much as anyone else's, the pressure of being a national team player is really hard on very young players, particularly ones at big clubs. There is also the issue of him travelling halfway across the world to play in qualifiers whilst trying to become a established regular at a big club like Roma where one mistake can essentially see you never play.

It be great if the socceroos had a player who was regularly playing for a club like Roma, but we would be better off starting a dialogue with him to make sure he knows he is part of our plan and is not being selected immediately so he can secure his club future. Heck you could even say if we were to make the WC and he was playing semi regularly he would be in the WC squad as something for him to work towards.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Arthur - 6 Dec 2021 12:29 PM
Munrubenmuz - 6 Dec 2021 11:51 AM

Agree he obviously didn’t give up. And he was obviously fortunate enough to have the support to get him to Italy.
Very few have those advantages.

Fortunate to not be lost to the game like so many others 

And who knows how many Volpato's are out there if they don't have the same drive to try a different way too.

Or even dont have the passport to play in Europe as well which has an effect too.

FA need to do better because its in the best interest for the game.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)

jaymz - 6 Dec 2021 2:29 PM

Mate he isnt a first team player. He is a player who has played for the first team and even that was for just 3 minutes. He is off to a great start to life at Roma, but this has happened countless times just for the player to find their level which is usually not as high as initially expected. Brad Smith played for Liverpool and is now in the MLS for example. 

No one is saying not to cap him, everyone is saying to just wait and see his level. Its for his benefit as much as anyone else's, the pressure of being a national team player is really hard on very young players, particularly ones at big clubs. There is also the issue of him travelling halfway across the world to play in qualifiers whilst trying to become a established regular at a big club like Roma where one mistake can essentially see you never play.

It be great if the socceroos had a player who was regularly playing for a club like Roma, but we would be better off starting a dialogue with him to make sure he knows he is part of our plan and is not being selected immediately so he can secure his club future. Heck you could even say if we were to make the WC and he was playing semi regularly he would be in the WC squad as something for him to work towards.

This is too complex for his brain to work out. 

Roma. Mourinho. Serie A. Volpato to carry the Socceroos to the World Cup.
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 3:10 PM
jaymz - 6 Dec 2021 2:29 PM

This is too complex for his brain to work out. 

Roma. Mourinho. Serie A. Volpato to carry the Socceroos to the World Cup.

Throwing insults around a lot. Perhaps read jaymz quote a few more times to understand how to converse with people of differing views without pettiness. Best of luck to you.
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Dan_The_Red - 6 Dec 2021 4:58 PM
camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 3:10 PM

Throwing insults around a lot. Perhaps read jaymz quote a few more times to understand how to converse with people of differing views without pettiness. Best of luck to you.

I recall someone at the beginning of this thread used the word "muppets" and "peasant". From your friendly random internet guy.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 5:09 PM

I recall someone at the beginning of this thread used the word "muppets" and "peasant". From your friendly random internet guy.

Doesn't make sense to me. Best young italian forwards such as Raspadori, Mulattieri ,Yeboah and Esposito all had to go out on loan to get game-time, most went overseas rather than Serie B.

But this kid is several years younger and thrust into the first team? The fact totti was there after the way they treated him previously makes me think he was going to play in that game no matter what. Game is over 3-0 down and you bring him on for a few minutes? not the best game to get introduced in. Just all seems really bizarre to me.

If I was him, I would literally not even bother with international football right now, get into the Roma team - fuck everything else. If he's played 15-20 games by end of season you take him to the world cup. End of story.
Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Must have known YOU would respond to those names. Smart guy
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

It's still pretty good. If he's good enough to get a first team game after doing well in the youth team then he's being noticed. That's always something significant regardless of the amount of game time that he got this particular time out.   A coach chasing a game as much as he can with the first team & the substitutions that he had already put on is going to stick with that as much as possible until the last possible time. Sounds like Jose has alot of faith in his first 11 & the initial substitutions to do the job initially, sometimes these things work out sometimes they don't.  I'm sure the kid knew he was only going to get a few minutes, no biggies and in big teams getting chosen over half a dozen other guys who I'm sure Roma has in their larger first team & youth team speaks volumes.

Christ some of you are miserable fucking ignorant wankers, look at the big picture & feel happy for the kid. I do.  
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

jas88 - 6 Dec 2021 5:23 PM

Doesn't make sense to me. Best young italian forwards such as Raspadori, Mulattieri ,Yeboah and Esposito all had to go out on loan to get game-time, most went overseas rather than Serie B.

But this kid is several years younger and thrust into the first team? The fact totti was there after the way they treated him previously makes me think he was going to play in that game no matter what. Game is over 3-0 down and you bring him on for a few minutes? not the best game to get introduced in. Just all seems really bizarre to me.

If I was him, I would literally not even bother with international football right now, get into the Roma team - fuck everything else. If he's played 15-20 games by end of season you take him to the world cup. End of story.

Didn't we take an Iranian kid to the world cup recently after he had only played 3 or 4 senior games in the Aleague?
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 6 Dec 2021 10:22 PM

Didn't we take an Iranian kid to the world cup recently after he had only played 3 or 4 senior games in the Aleague?

Yep. If u watched him in Denmark game he was a strong attacking threat. Man City signed him but sadly hasn’t kicked on since Acl injury.
i love watching him play and will sink with the ship if he never achieves much in next 8 years (still only 22)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 10:46 PM

Yep. If u watched him in Denmark game he was a strong attacking threat. Man City signed him but sadly hasn’t kicked on since Acl injury.
i love watching him play and will sink with the ship if he never achieves much in next 8 years (still only 22)

We must have been watching a different game but anyway, point being that he had very few senior games even at A league level and yet we took him to Russia. This kid Volpatto ran onto the pitch (even for 3 mins) against INTER F#CKING MILAN. Just training with the senior squad under Jose and getting 3 mins on the pitch means a hell of a lot more than a few squiggly runs against the plodders down here.... my opinion. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

BTW, Arzani is an odd "ship to sink with" mate.... Live in hope all you like, the kid is a dud unfortunately.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Dec 2021 10:05 AM

BTW, Arzani is an odd "ship to sink with" mate.... Live in hope all you like, the kid is a dud unfortunately.

Not much different to sinking with the Socceroos ship atm. Arzani played a great 2nd half v Egypt for Olyroos- most people would agree he so nearly scored a good solo goal at least
griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)Amateur (691 reputation)

Imo Arzani’s appearances at the World Cup (at the time) were far more exciting than Volpato playing 3 mins when the game was already lost. So not sure why anyone would be downplaying the excitement around Arzani back then. We all thought he was gonna kick on.

That said, the fact Volpato made his debut is also hugely exciting!! The arguments on here are so laughable because it’s all just speculation.

Let’s see if he gets another game soon. I hope he does!!

Then down the track we’ll see if he accepts a call up when it comes. It surely will come from Australia soon. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Barca4Life - 6 Dec 2021 2:54 PM
Arthur - 6 Dec 2021 12:29 PM

And who knows how many Volpato's are out there if they don't have the same drive to try a different way too.

Or even dont have the passport to play in Europe as well which has an effect too.

FA need to do better because its in the best interest for the game.

as we know there IS quite a few out there no doubt about it........
Won't carry on why they slip through for we have heard it all before between us BUT the point is his Dad went the extra yards as some others do and one like Tony Basha, like him or not is another piece to these puzzles rightly or wrongly.
I wish Volpato all the best 1 in a million from here so to speak.

Without devoted families OR someone with good contacts willing to put their neck out approaching a OS club just doesn't happen.
A friend of mine his kid showed loads of promise and knew instead of going through the ropes here was try and get him OS, UK in fact.
Many videos were sent to TD's and finally Swindon agreed 2016.
Its a melting pot as we know but at least he got a chance, he persisted for 3yrs, sadly didn't happen came back late '19.
At least he got good coaching and playing higher levels than here.
Now in NPL1 Manly ripping it, maybe will get a APL gig in the future who knows.

Oh by the way for the heck and old news anyway, I know and played with Clem some 6aside comps not too long ago and the winter comp team he played with were the age below us same club.
Top bloke but a crazy dood on the pitch, got some talent but whoa his tackling technique at times were mad.
Hopefully you do look into getting some young Aussie up and comers over there for what a great stepping stone or at least good experience
https://www.soccerscene.com.au/australian-clem-morfuni-becomes-owner-of-swindon-town-fc/

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

?? Played Like 18 games.. was still very raw.. BVM picked him... 

Why do you want him in the socceroos so badly? all its going to do right now his stuff his chances of getting into the first team at Roma - it will not help him one bit.

Weird time to give him debut with a ECL game on this week again CSKA sofia which they should win very easily... would it not be better to give him 20-30mins in that dead rubber game??? I expect him to get minutes... watch him not even travel with squad.
Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Balin Trev - 7 Dec 2021 12:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Dec 2021 10:05 AM

Not much different to sinking with the Socceroos ship atm. Arzani played a great 2nd half v Egypt for Olyroos- most people would agree he so nearly scored a good solo goal at least

Wow your boy played a great 45 minutes against Egypt in a glorified friendly tournament which they lost 0-2. 

LOL this is just subjective rambling. Half dozen players “nearly score a good solo goal” in a football game, whether it’s Sunday league or the Premier League. 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

jas88 - 7 Dec 2021 1:37 PM

Why do you want him in the socceroos so badly? all its going to do right now his stuff his chances of getting into the first team at Roma - it will not help him one bit.

This. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

camberwelldorjes - 7 Dec 2021 2:04 PM
Balin Trev - 7 Dec 2021 12:39 PM

Wow your boy played a great 45 minutes against Egypt in a glorified friendly tournament which they lost 0-2. 

LOL this is just subjective rambling. Half dozen players “nearly score a good solo goal” in a football game, whether it’s Sunday league or the Premier League. 

Was responding to Mono- not to you. 

camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Balin Trev - 7 Dec 2021 2:28 PM
camberwelldorjes - 7 Dec 2021 2:04 PM

Was responding to Mono- not to you. 

Maybe you should've slipped into his DMs then. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

camberwelldorjes - 7 Dec 2021 3:42 PM
Balin Trev - 7 Dec 2021 2:28 PM

Maybe you should've slipped into his DMs then. 

Keep me out of this little fantasy role playing thing you've got going... aint nobody slipping in my anythings.....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

jas88 - 7 Dec 2021 1:37 PM

?? Played Like 18 games.. was still very raw.. BVM picked him... 

Weird time to give him debut with a ECL game on this week again CSKA sofia which they should win very easily... would it not be better to give him 20-30mins in that dead rubber game??? I expect him to get minutes... watch him not even travel with squad.

Not so much that I want him in the Socceroos NOW to be honest, more so a disappointment that a clear talent (or should I say a potential clear talent) can so easily slip through our fingers because of a lack of pathways OR talent identification. Hope the kid blitzes in Serie A and goes on to have a long and glorious career but, at least in my eyes, he is lost to us already at the age of 18 when, if we where better, he may not have been.... All couldas' and shouldas I know.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search