'Follow your heart': Mourinho's message to Volpato over Socceroos choice [Comments]

'Follow your heart': Mourinho's message to Volpato over Socceroos...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
'Follow your heart': Mourinho's message to Volpato over Socceroos choice

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/follow-your-heart-mourinhos-message-to-volpato-over-socceroos-choice-573575

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Follow your brain too - MUCH easier to be a regular starter for Socceroos squad than a semi-regular or occasional sub player for gun squads in Italy
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)

Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 7:42 PM
Follow your brain too - MUCH easier to be a regular starter for Socceroos squad than a semi-regular or occasional sub player for gun squads in Italy

LOL. Just pick the easy route? 

With that kind of mentality you'll never make reach your full potential in any sporting or non-sporting career.

By picking Italy he'll be playing in a high quality environment playing with world class players and playing against world class players on a regular basis in front of European scouts. 

I'm sure he won't think like that.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

camberwelldorjes - 5 Dec 2021 8:56 PM
Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 7:42 PM

LOL. Just pick the easy route? 

With that kind of mentality you'll never make reach your full potential in any sporting or non-sporting career.

By picking Italy he'll be playing in a high quality environment playing with world class players and playing against world class players on a regular basis in front of European scouts. 

I'm sure he won't think like that.

Know him do you?? Unless he is the next Totti or Del Pierro he isn’t going to just cruise into Italy NT on regular basis. 
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)Hardcore Fan (214 reputation)

Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 9:27 PM
camberwelldorjes - 5 Dec 2021 8:56 PM

Know him do you?? Unless he is the next Totti or Del Pierro he isn’t going to just cruise into Italy NT on regular basis. 

Totti and Del Piero didn't just "cruise" through the NT LOL. They had long and illustrious career by earning the respect of their team mates and managers. Don't think you get that by picking the "easy" option at every stage of your life.

I don't know him personally.

But I do know if you want to reach your full potential in anything even non-football related you have to push yourself and surround yourself with ambitious and talented team mates in an environment which demands the best.

Maybe you haven't experienced this yet...
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Option A
- World class team mates, excellent training facilities. 
- An average WCQ in the continent is extremely high quality, some of them equivalent to Champions League. 
- Most away trips in the WCQ across the continent 2-3 hours long with minimal time difference.
- Big scouts watching at every WCQ and continental championships for a lucrative contract.
- More than decent chance at winning the WC. 
- NT is the most important team in the country, national hero when you're winning. 

Option B
- Long away trips half way across the world and sub standard condition. 
- An average WCQ is playing against mediocre opposition with questionable refereeing in half empty stadium in the desert. 
- Continental championship not highly regarded, nothing compared to option A. 
- Sport is not respected by the media and decent proportion of the public, you only get attention every four years at the WC.
BA81
BA81
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

camberwelldorjes - 5 Dec 2021 10:09 PM
Option A
- World class team mates, excellent training facilities. 
- An average WCQ in the continent is extremely high quality, some of them equivalent to Champions League. 
- Most away trips in the WCQ across the continent 2-3 hours long with minimal time difference.
- Big scouts watching at every WCQ and continental championships for a lucrative contract.
- More than decent chance at winning the WC. 
- NT is the most important team in the country, national hero when you're winning. 

Option B
- Long away trips half way across the world and sub standard condition. 
- An average WCQ is playing against mediocre opposition with questionable refereeing in half empty stadium in the desert. 
- Continental championship not highly regarded, nothing compared to option A. 
- Sport is not respected by the media and decent proportion of the public, you only get attention every four years at the WC.

Option C
- Take Option B with the express intention of doing your bit in elevating Australia's footballing profile by virtue of your career, as Kewell, Viduka and dare I say even Craig Johnston did...

Of course it remains to be seen if the kid is ideologically-driven to do just that(let's face it, Oz footballers as a general rule don't pay any mind to that aspect of things) but if he is and keeps at it, it's all pretty much down to him.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

camberwelldorjes - 5 Dec 2021 10:00 PM
Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 9:27 PM

Totti and Del Piero didn't just "cruise" through the NT LOL. They had long and illustrious career by earning the respect of their team mates and managers. Don't think you get that by picking the "easy" option at every stage of your life.

I don't know him personally.

But I do know if you want to reach your full potential in anything even non-football related you have to push yourself and surround yourself with ambitious and talented team mates in an environment which demands the best.

Maybe you haven't experienced this yet...

Ha. You don’t think he will already be surrounded by ambitious talented team mates at Roma??! Maybe you haven’t experienced been told youre just an overly argumentative DIp shit that likes to patronize and insult people on a football forum?!

Edited
3 Years Ago by Balin Trev
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 10:35 PM

Ha. You don’t think he will already be surrounded by ambitious talented team mates at Roma??! Maybe you haven’t experienced been told youre just an overly argumentative DIp shit that likes to patronize and insult people on a football forum?!

If he's surrounded by ambitious talented team mates at Roma then... you've just answered your own question. 

In any case, I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't changed to profile picture yet.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

camberwelldorjes - 5 Dec 2021 11:03 PM

If he's surrounded by ambitious talented team mates at Roma then... you've just answered your own question. 

In any case, I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't changed to profile picture yet.

You’re taking the wrong meds again 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

GOLD MEDAL COMMENT.............there should be some sort of award system.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 5 Dec 2021 11:17 PM
GOLD MEDAL COMMENT.............there should be some sort of award system.

Biggest clown award is yours Mono. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 11:25 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 5 Dec 2021 11:17 PM

Biggest clown award is yours Mono. 

I'll show you a magic trick Trev, bend over and let's see how many handkerchiefs I can pull out of your arse?
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 11:14 PM

You’re taking the wrong meds again 

If I take the right meds... will my brain tell me Arzani is an absolute gun who will carry the Socceroos to Qatar and win the Premier League with Man City?
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Pot, meet kettle.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Get Aloisi to have a word. You can be a proud Italian-Australian and represent Australia with great passion,
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

If we hadn’t farked up our qualification campaign, it would actually be possible to say that we’re highly-likely to qualify for Qatar, whereas Italy are 50/50.

Bur here we are … with less chance still of qualifying
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 6 Dec 2021 12:30 AM

Pot, meet kettle.

Having a wee laugh BB? I cannae tell…
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 12:22 AM
Balin Trev - 5 Dec 2021 11:14 PM

If I take the right meds... will my brain tell me Arzani is an absolute gun who will carry the Socceroos to Qatar and win the Premier League with Man City?

Was referring to Volpato. He can play club football in Italy but STILL play for Socceroos if he chooses
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 7:00 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 6 Dec 2021 12:30 AM

Having a wee laugh BB? I cannae tell

Another false statement made from you again I see. Can't say that I am surprised.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Squidley
Squidley
Super Fan
Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)Super Fan (139 reputation)

If he has strong advisors, its Italy every day of the week.

Considering the current Australian national team arent even playing Genreau and Mcgree on a regular basis, when they have both secured moves to reputable leagues this season, i wouldnt blame the kid for chossing Italy at all.

The pathway to the Australian national team is so messy, i cant see how he would possibly choose Australia over Italy. 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

If he was a chance of an italian call up and then a fixture in the team you'd be crazy not to take that....but at the end of the day depends how he feels and who he grew up loving...
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

BrisbaneBhoy - 6 Dec 2021 11:57 AM
Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 7:00 AM

Another false statement made from you again I see. Can't say that I am surprised.

Haven’t had time to find your sack Ange quote yet - but i will
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 12:47 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 6 Dec 2021 11:57 AM

Haven’t had time to find your sack Ange quote yet - but i will

Considering I never made that comment I'm not sure where you will find it... But by all means keep looking as long as you want/wish/need too.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Up to the kid and I'm sure his Dad throws in his 2lira's worth.
Wouldn't really matter IF he didn't get a Azzuri call up for the main thing it wouldn't disrupt his footballing commitments.
On the other hand if your aspirations one day is to play NT games his chances getting a Roo call up are way batter than getting into the Azzuri.

Love Football

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

LFC. - 6 Dec 2021 1:58 PM

On the other hand if your aspirations one day is to play NT games his chances getting a Roo call up are way batter than getting into the Azzuri.

That would just be taking the ‘easy way’ out right ‘camberwelldjores’?! 
camberwelldorjes
camberwelldorjes
Hardcore Fan

Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 2:29 PM
LFC. - 6 Dec 2021 1:58 PM

That would just be taking the ‘easy way’ out right ‘camberwelldjores’?! 

Haha you really don't understand. Just focus on your boy Arzani for the time being.

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro

camberwelldorjes - 6 Dec 2021 3:15 PM
Balin Trev - 6 Dec 2021 2:29 PM

Haha you really don't understand. Just focus on your boy Arzani for the time being.

Can’t respond to my last comment better than that?! You’re pathetic
Benched
Benched
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

tsf - 6 Dec 2021 12:37 PM
If he was a chance of an italian call up and then a fixture in the team you'd be crazy not to take that....but at the end of the day depends how he feels and who he grew up loving...

Very much this. Does he feel Aussie or Italian?
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Not sure what to make of this... if your a young Italian trying to break through you have to get out of Italy to play like most of the young guns coming through like Raspadori, Mulattieri and Yeboah who all spent time in Holland or Austria getting game time.

I just don't think you can make a call till he's actually played a few games. Very weird situation to me.... 3-0 down and you bring him on? what for? get booed at?

Seems weird to me.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search