8/5 match thread

8/5 match thread

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Two matches today 
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Not a whole lot at stake for the fist game today.
A win for Macarthur would just confirm their 7th position. A win for WSW would mean they will face Glory instead of Roar next weekend for the Australia cup play-off game.

In the second game the only thing that is really at stake is a home final for AU. They will face CCM in the final no matter what. Technically WU can go top of the table but only if they win by 8. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely, especially given WU are not a high scoring side this season.
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Yengi back!! 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 8 May 2022 6:19 PM
Yengi back!! 

Rumors are his signing with wanderers so if his starting it might not be true 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Juric penalty was a terrible call.

Natta hardly had his arm raised but Juric ducked down, got his shoulder under it and drove the arm up into his own head. Barely a touch on his cheek and he dropped.

Should have been ref looking at VAR then issuing a yellow card to Juric for simulation.

Commentators kept saying how exciting and lively the first half was but all I kept seeing were cheap turnovers and pretty boring football. Maybe I should have stayed awake for the second half...but I doubt it.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Injury to Topor-Stanley is a big setback for Western, and having Lacroix out already shook their defensive ability badly.

It seems that when WU have to score they run out of creativity. Along the lines of the 'get a goal and hold on' comments that come up about them.

Wales was more wasteful than usual for me. He did some really, really poor things and nowhere near enough good things to offset them. He cops a fair bit of flack normally, but tonight was a particularly bad example for him.

When it came down to it, AU were hungrier with and without the ball, and far more dangerous with their attacks. A shame for WU that NTS was off injured for the first goal - it won't diminish the result for AU fans, but as a neutral it felt a bit unfair in a cosmic sense. Nothing about AU causing it - just a shame to be a defender down in a critical game when your opponent is really firing.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search