Not sure if bullshit or not

Not sure if bullshit or not

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
blob:https://forum.insidesport.com.au/b5960c9b-ea58-4e95-b91f-74b09534205c
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

can't see or open
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 8 May 2022 11:38 PM
blob:https://forum.insidesport.com.au/b5960c9b-ea58-4e95-b91f-74b09534205c

Most be some Morrison bullshit-" I don't post on this forum"

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

That’s weird it worked last night. Basically very vague rumor the bulls have come home for good. They are losing mooooney and just walking around in circles. They might lock up the cage for good and try milk up another team 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 9 May 2022 11:47 AM
That’s weird it worked last night. Basically very vague rumor the bulls have come home for good. They are losing mooooney and just walking around in circles. They might lock up the cage for good and try milk up another team 

Would be awesome if true. Fuck them off and Western United. 

Member since 2008.

RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Yeh I read something like that - can't remember if I saw it on facebook - or did I see your image before it disappeared?
Someone claiming they know someone at the club who basically said they are losing a LOT of money and don't know how long they can sustain it.
Majorly miscalculated how much the Bulls would cost to run.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

bloody great not.......
More so that they screwed up a local NPL Club to have their U23's in PL and stuff the Club players who done all the work being promoted over the last few seasons.
This is just fooked.

Love Football

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

RoyalDave - 9 May 2022 4:00 PM

Yeh I read something like that - can't remember if I saw it on facebook - or did I see your image before it disappeared?
Someone claiming they know someone at the club who basically said they are losing a LOT of money and don't know how long they can sustain it.
Majorly miscalculated how much the Bulls would cost to run.

Which is funny because it is no secret that nearly all A-League clubs lose money every year. Even MV who have been the only club to consistently be profitable, lost money during the lockdowns (partly due to their shit results as well).
Macarthur is a massive missed opportunity. They assumed they could just start-out with premium prices and assumed the fans would just accept it. Then on top of that, even though they had good results in the first season, they are just plain dull to watch. I can't think of any other side in A-League history that has been less entertaining to watch. Even WU weren't that naïve. They give out free tickets all over the place and although their results have been up and down, they have played some entertaining football from time to time. They knew they needed players like Berisha and Diamanti for the fans to get behind. If WU had a venue like Macarthur, I have no doubt they would be in a much better position today. 
Sports teams seem to be like restaurants. People have these fantasies about owning one. Unfortunately the realities of owning and operating one are very different from the fantasy. 
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Saw the facebook image just now and idk if I an convinced. 
Given the disruptions this season (and last) they surely would be seeking financial compensation like all the other clubs, on top of the money they receive as apart of the Viacom/10 deal. Plus next season is set to be a big one for football, and given the issues surrounding the pandemic are currently negligible compared to the last couple of years it will be a big test to see if the crowds for (the League let alone) Macarthur can come in convincing numbers.
I would be more inclined to beleive it if these issues remained next season (especially if it's seen as a bad one)..

someguyjc - 9 May 2022 4:19 PM

Which is funny because it is no secret that nearly all A-League clubs lose money every year. Even MV who have been the only club to consistently be profitable, lost money during the lockdowns (partly due to their shit results as well).
Macarthur is a massive missed opportunity. They assumed they could just start-out with premium prices and assumed the fans would just accept it. Then on top of that, even though they had good results in the first season, they are just plain dull to watch. I can't think of any other side in A-League history that has been less entertaining to watch. Even WU weren't that naïve. They give out free tickets all over the place and although their results have been up and down, they have played some entertaining football from time to time. They knew they needed players like Berisha and Diamanti for the fans to get behind. If WU had a venue like Macarthur, I have no doubt they would be in a much better position today. 
Sports teams seem to be like restaurants. People have these fantasies about owning one. Unfortunately the realities of owning and operating one are very different from the fantasy. 

Agree wholeheartedly
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

The post claims that the losses are bigger than expected, not whinging about not making a profit.

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

LFC. - 9 May 2022 4:08 PM
bloody great not.......
More so that they screwed up a local NPL Club to have their U23's in PL and stuff the Club players who done all the work being promoted over the last few seasons.
This is just fooked.

Their NPL team is called Northbridge Bulls which is closer to the city than MacArthur and they used to be called the North Shore Mariners, quite baffling.
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

Barca4Life - 9 May 2022 5:26 PM

Their NPL team is called Northbridge Bulls which is closer to the city than MacArthur and they used to be called the North Shore Mariners, quite baffling.

Worse still, they don't play in either region 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

AyyLeague - 9 May 2022 4:55 PM
Saw the facebook image just now and idk if I an convinced. 
Given the disruptions this season (and last) they surely would be seeking financial compensation like all the other clubs, on top of the money they receive as apart of the Viacom/10 deal. Plus next season is set to be a big one for football, and given the issues surrounding the pandemic are currently negligible compared to the last couple of years it will be a big test to see if the crowds for (the League let alone) Macarthur can come in convincing numbers.
I would be more inclined to beleive it if these issues remained next season (especially if it's seen as a bad one)..

Agree wholeheartedly

Hmmm sports clubs run like fast food restaurants you say???? Hmmmmm that's a franchising good idea.... hahahahahah
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

AyyLeague - 9 May 2022 7:41 PM
Barca4Life - 9 May 2022 5:26 PM

Worse still, they don't play in either region 

Barca/AL, I got the NSM partnership, at least they played at their Home pitch @ Northbridge and alot of local players added by who they bought from other NPL Clubs as you do.......
The NBulls one re MacArthur is just an utter piss take that shouldn't have been allowed and as mentioned they don't even have a home ground having used of late Edensor Park which is Sydney United's ground.
NorthbridgeFC as known now having had their 1st's thrown out and lost their NPL1 spot as per above now actually play in local Club Div1 comp where it all begun for them long long ago........quite funny, my son having come back from a acl op was advised by our physio not to jump straight back into NPL get a season under the belt in Club land same comp NBFC is in, played them the other week..

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 9 May 2022 3:58 PM

Would be awesome if true. Fuck them off and Western United. 

How so??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)Amateur (674 reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 May 2022 12:52 PM
Munrubenmuz - 9 May 2022 3:58 PM

How so??

Would be a bad look for the league if the Bulls went under as that SW Sydney area is and will be a growth area for the code and having a professional team in the area is a big plus.I can't say much about WUN as not conversant with the geography of Melbourne's western suburbs.Despite not being settled football wise the club has been pretty successful
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As mentioned the potential in the Bulls area is massive but how can a new business owner open up with HIGH ticket pricing for one.
Then they came down on their small active support.
Then many games weren't played at their home ground, one time I recall a game was rescheduled to play at Gosford from memory because the ground wasn't suitable to play, why not find a closer ground, its not like your inconveniencing 6k fans.
Then as a business owner, how would my local fans feel we buy out a northern suburbs NPL Club spot - how would my local fans feel about a name associated with the polar opposite status of our area ?????
You can't make this shit up.

Love Football

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Booney - 10 May 2022 2:26 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 10 May 2022 12:52 PM

Would be a bad look for the league if the Bulls went under as that SW Sydney area is and will be a growth area for the code and having a professional team in the area is a big plus.I can't say much about WUN as not conversant with the geography of Melbourne's western suburbs.Despite not being settled football wise the club has been pretty successful

The demographic geography of Melbourne is very different to Sydney, in a few ways, but most of all, Sydney is full of relatively self-contained population hubs, and the Campbelltown area is one such population hub.
Melbourne just has everything radiating out from the centre in every direction, with most of the West being relatively close to the CBD, so if you live in the middle of the Western suburbs, it's probably quicker getting to the CBD than it is out to Tarneit.
Also, without making too fine a point of it, the vast majority of Melburnians would rather spend their leisure time in and around the CBD than out in the boondocks.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

bettega - 11 May 2022 10:17 AM

The demographic geography of Melbourne is very different to Sydney, in a few ways, but most of all, Sydney is full of relatively self-contained population hubs, and the Campbelltown area is one such population hub.
Melbourne just has everything radiating out from the centre in every direction, with most of the West being relatively close to the CBD, so if you live in the middle of the Western suburbs, it's probably quicker getting to the CBD than it is out to Tarneit.
Also, without making too fine a point of it, the vast majority of Melburnians would rather spend their leisure time in and around the CBD than out in the boondocks.

Distance is 40 mins from Tarneit to the CBD, via Leakes road. Not too far away as long as they build a home base, The training facilities along with the two storey building to start with is a belated, but good start for WU.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Perfectly valid point mate. Clearly I would (and have) travelled to all sorts of God awful places to follow South around but I admit I would really struggle to remain connected to my club if they relocated to Tarneit. I can imagine the only "fans" they would expect if they ever move out there are the new home buyers in the future housing estate. It actually makes more sense from a growth point of view for WU to stay playing at AAMI for at least 10 years at least.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

bloody great not.......
This is just fooked.

Northbridge are a bunch of whores that will accept any affiliation with anyone.  Northrbridge Mariners to Northbridge Bulls is a bad joke. 

Their ground isn't even up to NPL standard so they have to play all of their home games at Sydney United Sports Centre.  They're nothing but a label for Marcathur to put their players into & get parachuted into NPL without earning it.   Disgraceful.  

Hope both Northbridge & Macarthur implode.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

soccerfoo - 11 May 2022 2:58 PM

Distance is 40 mins from Tarneit to the CBD, via Leakes road. Not too far away as long as they build a home base, The training facilities along with the two storey building to start with is a belated, but good start for WU.

LOL @ training facilities with "5k".   How about a fucking ground?  :hehe::laugh::hehe::laugh:

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

EZ, I agree on much you say but lets put it out there for those not in the know.
Give cred to the original NB Club Div 1 winners who worked their way into PL3 around 2011.
Entry into PL2 2014 they lost out to good ol Hakoah who won promotion to PL1.
2019 they won PL2 and Club Championship promoted to PL1.
Got to give cred despite they yes had the Mariners link, business is business as much as I oppose it any other PL could do similar right.
Alot weren't impressed behind the scenes but that internal politics as always.
Their NB home ground is syn for a long time so it to standard play wise BUT seating is not to standards, they or FNSW done the deal using APIA home games at Lambert, strange but had to be for 2020.
In between things the CCM relationship dissolved, alot of angst in the background I heard and low and behold this Bulls link emerged and done.
I agree its a disgrace, I don't wish for the original NB Club any wrong doing for they have had to go right back down to Club Div 1 land (certain Club admin are to blame re all this led to believe) but the whole Bulls in PL1 or NPLM as known now hope fails miserably.
Like the orginal NB did way back in 2011 on you got to earn promotion not buy it !..........

Love Football

Stenson
Stenson
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

ErogenousZone - 12 May 2022 1:41 PM
soccerfoo - 11 May 2022 2:58 PM

LOL @ training facilities with "5k".   How about a fucking ground?  :hehe::laugh::hehe::laugh:

Better that ground then how it is atm. That's the message I get there.
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Rising Star
Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)

I know this might sound frivolous, but what maniac came up with teh cow bell idea?

Really turns me off just on the telly. No way would I go regularly to a ground with that racket.

Fan traditions need to be invented by fans, not marketers.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Mr Cleansheets - 12 May 2022 8:20 PM
I know this might sound frivolous, but what maniac came up with teh cow bell idea?

Really turns me off just on the telly. No way would I go regularly to a ground with that racket.

Fan traditions need to be invented by fans, not marketers.

I think someone forgot to tell the marketing team that farmers usually put bells on the cows NOT the bulls. Lol
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search